The debate

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
05-10-2016, 11:28 AM
RE: The debate
(05-10-2016 08:47 AM)Lord Dark Helmet Wrote:  Trump did not say Putin is a better leader than Obama. He said Putin leads Russia better than Obama leads America. Not the same thing.

"He's running his country and at least he's a leader, unlike what we have in this country," - Trump on Morning Joe 18 Dec 2015

There is only one really serious philosophical question, and that is suicide. -Camus
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
[+] 1 user Likes GirlyMan's post
05-10-2016, 11:44 AM
(05-10-2016 11:28 AM)GirlyMan Wrote:  
(05-10-2016 08:47 AM)Lord Dark Helmet Wrote:  Trump did not say Putin is a better leader than Obama. He said Putin leads Russia better than Obama leads America. Not the same thing.

"He's running his country and at least he's a leader, unlike what we have in this country," - Trump on Morning Joe 18 Dec 2015

Yeah but, that wasn't the reference in the debate nor the video posted.

"Evil will always triumph over good, because good is dumb." - Lord Dark Helmet
[Image: 25397spaceballs.gif]
05-10-2016, 12:12 PM
(05-10-2016 11:44 AM)Lord Dark Helmet Wrote:  
(05-10-2016 11:28 AM)GirlyMan Wrote:  "He's running his country and at least he's a leader, unlike what we have in this country," - Trump on Morning Joe 18 Dec 2015

Yeah but, that wasn't the reference in the debate nor the video posted.

So. Your unqualified statement "Trump did not say Putin is a better leader than Obama. He said Putin leads Russia better than Obama leads America. Not the same thing." insinuates that Trump never said Putin was a better leader than Obama. But you're right, he insinuated Obama was not a leader at all which seems worse to me.

There is only one really serious philosophical question, and that is suicide. -Camus
05-10-2016, 04:27 PM
(05-10-2016 12:12 PM)GirlyMan Wrote:  
(05-10-2016 11:44 AM)Lord Dark Helmet Wrote:  Yeah but, that wasn't the reference in the debate nor the video posted.

So. Your unqualified statement "Trump did not say Putin is a better leader than Obama. He said Putin leads Russia better than Obama leads America. Not the same thing." insinuates that Trump never said Putin was a better leader than Obama. But you're right, he insinuated Obama was not a leader at all which seems worse to me.

Leaders? I thought that we were electing proxies to represent our interests. When does this puerile game of leadership come into play?

Don't let those gnomes and their illusions get you down. They're just gnomes and illusions.

--Jake the Dog, Adventure Time

Alouette, je te plumerai.
[+] 4 users Like Old Man Marsh's post
09-10-2016, 04:48 PM
Debate in two hours. I think I'll plan on actually watching this one.... Eeh, who am I kidding, I'll probably get bored after the first 15 minutes and go do something else instead. Thumbsup

If we came from dust, then why is there still dust?
[+] 1 user Likes cactus's post
09-10-2016, 04:57 PM
Thanks for the reminder.

Keep all the debate stuff here.

Seriously we've got enough threads dedicated to this election. Dodgy

But as if to knock me down, reality came around
And without so much as a mere touch, cut me into little pieces

09-10-2016, 04:59 PM
(09-10-2016 04:48 PM)cactus Wrote:  Debate in two hours. I think I'll plan on actually watching this one.... Eeh, who am I kidding, I'll probably get bored after the first 15 minutes and go do something else instead. Thumbsup

I'm going to vacuum and clean out the cat litter box.

Shakespeare's Comedy of Errors.... on Donald J. Trump:

He is deformed, crooked, old, and sere,
Ill-fac’d, worse bodied, shapeless every where;
Vicious, ungentle, foolish, blunt, unkind,
Stigmatical in making, worse in mind.
09-10-2016, 05:13 PM
I'm watching it. It's going to be a train wreck.
09-10-2016, 05:25 PM
(09-10-2016 05:13 PM)jennybee Wrote:  I'm watching it. It's going to be a train wreck.

Now I'm interested. I love train wrecks.

'Murican Canadian
[+] 1 user Likes yakherder's post
09-10-2016, 05:28 PM
(09-10-2016 05:25 PM)yakherder Wrote:  
(09-10-2016 05:13 PM)jennybee Wrote:  I'm watching it. It's going to be a train wreck.

Now I'm interested. I love train wrecks.

Why, if Trainwreck is gonna be in it, I'll make sure I watch. Girly will be pleased. Tongue

[Image: dobie.png]Science is the process we've designed to be responsible for generating our best guess as to what the fuck is going on. Girly Man
[+] 6 users Like Dom's post