The debate

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
09-10-2016, 07:29 PM
RE: The debate
"Please allow her to respond" is being repeated far too often. It needs to be enforced a bit better.
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
[+] 1 user Likes Jesster's post
09-10-2016, 07:30 PM
I'm having a problem following Trumpspeak. What looks like it should be a straight line starts wandering all over the place before finally get back to the point which I've completely forgotten by then.

#sigh
09-10-2016, 07:30 PM
(26-09-2016 05:53 PM)Dom Wrote:  So how much influence do you think today's debate is going to have on the actual election? It starts an hour from now...

I doubt if there a hundred people in the USA who haven't made up their minds yet who they are gonna vote for.
[+] 1 user Likes Born Again Pagan's post
09-10-2016, 07:32 PM
(09-10-2016 07:30 PM)Born Again Pagan Wrote:  
(26-09-2016 05:53 PM)Dom Wrote:  So how much influence do you think today's debate is going to have on the actual election? It starts an hour from now...

I doubt if there a hundred people in the USA who haven't made up their minds yet who they are gonna vote for.

People do change their minds, you know. Consider

Skepticism is not a position; it is an approach to claims.
Science is not a subject, but a method.
[Image: flagstiny%206.gif]
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
09-10-2016, 07:33 PM
He's going to deflect by attacking William Jefferson Clinton who, in case anyone has forgotten, isn't running for president in 2016.

“I am quite sure now that often, very often, in matters concerning religion and politics a man’s reasoning powers are not above the monkey’s.”~Mark Twain
“Ocean: A body of water occupying about two-thirds of a world made for man - who has no gills.”~ Ambrose Bierce
aaaand his meds have worn off now Popcorn

If we came from dust, then why is there still dust?
[+] 1 user Likes cactus's post
(26-09-2016 07:45 PM)Bucky Ball Wrote:  Hillary is doing very well. Donald is getting "rattled". She is calmly smiling. Big Grin
He's "all over the map", still making promises, and not saying how he'll do anything ... he's proving what a dolt he is.
Edit : Her team has her very well prepared. That's a good thing.

Is he poking fun at her for being prepared as he did last time?
09-10-2016, 07:36 PM
(30-09-2016 01:13 PM)Grasshopper Wrote:  
(28-09-2016 02:32 PM)morondog Wrote:  Ah, so *paying for your kids to go to college* is what will drive you into massive debt. And *Hillary* makes you pay for them to go to college?

This is not my argument, but I'm going to jump in here with some numbers. I really don't know what elementary and high school education costs, but post-high school costs in the US are ridiculous. If I wanted to go back to school and finish up my degree, the obvious choice would be the University of Wisconsin, since the campus is only about 6 miles from my home here in Madison, WI -- so no room and board expense for me. But the tuition alone is over $10,000 per year, and if you want to live on campus, you can add another $10,000. Total estimated cost per year (including books and miscellaneous fees) for an in-state student is about $25,000 per year. Out-of-state students pay substantially more. Note: this is not some fancy private school -- it's a public college.

I honestly don't know what Clinton has to do with any of that, though. She's not responsible for the cost of college, and I'm not aware that she's going to do anything to increase that cost. Nor do I think Trump would do anything to decrease it. Bernie Sanders promised to decrease it, but I'm quite skeptical about how he expected to finance that. I like Bernie, and a lot of his proposals sound good, but the math doesn't seem to add up.

Short version: (1) In the US, a college education is horrendously expensive. (2) That's not Hillary Clinton's fault.

Germany is looking for American students and helps pay for our students to go there to University. Check it out. A thousand bucks a month should cover everything they say.
09-10-2016, 07:37 PM
He just said Canadians are coming to America because their health care system sucks.
http://www.aarp.org/politics-society/gov...-care.html

If we came from dust, then why is there still dust?
[+] 4 users Like cactus's post
09-10-2016, 07:46 PM
(09-10-2016 07:37 PM)cactus Wrote:  He just said Canadians are coming to America because their health care system sucks.
http://www.aarp.org/politics-society/gov...-care.html

I heard that. I laughed...

Popcorn

But as if to knock me down, reality came around
And without so much as a mere touch, cut me into little pieces

[+] 2 users Like Momsurroundedbyboys's post