The debate

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
10-10-2016, 10:07 AM
RE: The debate
(10-10-2016 10:03 AM)bemore Wrote:  He is of couse so stupid, so oblivious in everything that he does that he still has a business and assets worth billions
No, he's not stupid. Just self-serving, conniving and ruthless.

@DonaldTrump, Patriotism is not honoring your flag no matter what your country/leader does. It's doing whatever it takes to make your country the best it can be as long as its not violent.
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
10-10-2016, 10:12 AM
The USA surely had come a long way from
Quote:give me liberty or death
to even considering to elect someone who says things like
Quote:Would I approve waterboarding? You bet your ass I would. In a heartbeat. I would approve more than that. It works...and if it doesn’t work, they deserve it anyway for what they do to us

Empires finally are falling due to foreign attacks, but usually only after they are already rotten from the inside.

Ceterum censeo, religionem delendam esse
10-10-2016, 10:16 AM
(10-10-2016 09:40 AM)bemore Wrote:  Democracy and the whole 'free world' is built upon the backs of oppression and the greatest ponzi scheme of all time.

Our great nations speak about truth, democracy and freedom yet we ally and sell arms to fucking Saudi Arabia. We export death and destruction to countries on trumped up charges under the pretense of bringing democracy and freedom and leave these countries a fucked up mess. Our freedom of speech is being monitored through the NSA and GCHQ and your soooooo for peoples rights that your country has to build a prison/torture camp in guantamino to indefinetly hold people without trial.

It's all hipocritical, its all bullshit, all done, hidden and fucking profited from by the self serving establishment that is funding Clinton.

I want change. If that means choosing the 'CEO' trump, at least I get to see the cunt and not some bought and paid for puppet representative.

Your arguements are like... "hes a racist, a xenophobe, a liar, tax evading sexist"

What.... Like you cant apply all of these things to all of the other rulers yours and my country have experienced in the past.

There both shit candidates, whilst you have so much money in politics you will NEVER EVER EVER have a decent, honest candidate. It's impossible. Their both so fucking shit that you have to choose between hillary, who went against everything your country proclaims to do with justice. Who tampered and deleted information that was of national interest, who then made deals with the FBI and they got away with it. Or you choose Trump, who is probably a megalomaniac narcissistic cunt, but at least he has the balls to say it mostly how it actually is.

That is the only reason why I would choose him. He says things how they are. Not in a scared, carefull and calculated politically correct way trying to appease a majority. He (appears) to say it how he want's and how he sees things.

Fuck the establishment, fuck the media.

See the hipocrisy in all of this bullshit.

Can't argue with most of that. But only one of these candidates has a significant chance of starting a nuclear war (which would affect you and everyone else in the world, not just Americans), and it's not Hillary Clinton. That's reason #1 to vote for her. And for Americans, reason #2 is that we currently have a 50-50 (liberal/conservative) Supreme Court, and the new President will get to break that tie by appointing at least one (and probably more than one) new member of that court. Unless you're in favor of a fundamentalist Christian theocracy in America, you don't want Trump (or even worse, Pence) to be the one making the appointment(s). I can live with all of the stuff you're complaining about, but those two items scare the shit out of me. And that's why I'll be voting for Clinton.
[+] 5 users Like Grasshopper's post
10-10-2016, 10:34 AM
Interesting that no one yet has commented on Hillary maintaining a straight face the entire debate. When Trump barked "You'd be in jail!" I would've collapsed laughing right there, mocking him with "That's right, lock'er up!" before dissolving into helpless laughter. But she never flinched. Amazing self control, to go through these repeated vignettes of "The Three Stooges and Me" and not crack a smile.

But she's probably smiling today.
[+] 3 users Like Airportkid's post
10-10-2016, 10:54 AM
(10-10-2016 10:34 AM)Airportkid Wrote:  Interesting that no one yet has commented on Hillary maintaining a straight face the entire debate. When Trump barked "You'd be in jail!" I would've collapsed laughing right there, mocking him with "That's right, lock'er up!" before dissolving into helpless laughter. But she never flinched. Amazing self control, to go through these repeated vignettes of "The Three Stooges and Me" and not crack a smile.

His pacing was driving me nuts. It was like he was wearing a fitness tracker.

"Let the waters settle and you will see the moon and stars mirrored in your own being." -Rumi
10-10-2016, 11:17 AM
(10-10-2016 10:54 AM)jennybee Wrote:  
(10-10-2016 10:34 AM)Airportkid Wrote:  Interesting that no one yet has commented on Hillary maintaining a straight face the entire debate. When Trump barked "You'd be in jail!" I would've collapsed laughing right there, mocking him with "That's right, lock'er up!" before dissolving into helpless laughter. But she never flinched. Amazing self control, to go through these repeated vignettes of "The Three Stooges and Me" and not crack a smile.

His pacing was driving me nuts. It was like he was wearing a fitness tracker.

He did it on purpose - to draw eyes and attention away from her and to "innocently" invade her space and unsettle her.

[Image: dobie.png]Science is the process we've designed to be responsible for generating our best guess as to what the fuck is going on. Girly Man
[+] 2 users Like Dom's post
10-10-2016, 11:28 AM
(10-10-2016 11:17 AM)Dom Wrote:  
(10-10-2016 10:54 AM)jennybee Wrote:  His pacing was driving me nuts. It was like he was wearing a fitness tracker.

He did it on purpose - to draw eyes and attention away from her and to "innocently" invade her space and unsettle her.

I know Tongue but it was still annoying to watch the pacing. At the same time, it does further show the type of person he is. I'm hoping people made note of that.

"Let the waters settle and you will see the moon and stars mirrored in your own being." -Rumi
10-10-2016, 11:34 AM
So, if Trump sexually assaults a woman in the middle of Fifth Avenue, does he lose any voters? Consider

Skepticism is not a position; it is an approach to claims.
Science is not a subject, but a method.
[Image: flagstiny%206.gif]
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
[+] 5 users Like Chas's post
10-10-2016, 11:48 AM
(10-10-2016 11:28 AM)jennybee Wrote:  
(10-10-2016 11:17 AM)Dom Wrote:  He did it on purpose - to draw eyes and attention away from her and to "innocently" invade her space and unsettle her.

I know Tongue but it was still annoying to watch the pacing. At the same time, it does further show the type of person he is. I'm hoping people made note of that.

I'm afraid that too many Americans just don't give a shit. Or that they view this as purely entertainment and aren't considering the real ramifications if someone like Trump were elected.

Last night's debate was extremely unsettling. The things the crowd cheered, Trump's promise to jail Hillary Clinton if he were elected President... I just thought, "Wow, is this really America? Is this what we really are now?" It was like watching a damn Jerry Springer show.

Trump acted like a petulant child last night. I had a hard time figuring out whether I was watching a presidential debate or a demonstration of a child having a temper tantrum.

And look, I get that for those outside the U.S. that this is a "ha ha, look at the United States falling apart - bunch of bullies, it's what they deserve" or whatever else that foreigners might be thinking, but there are real people who would be impacted negatively by a Trump presidency.

The thing that is most frightening to me is perhaps not even Trump himself, but that there are still people in this country, in this day and age, who look at him and think "Yeah, that's my man. That's the kind of guy I want running my country."

Hillary is not who I would have picked, by any means. But I honestly would rather have more of the same bullshit we've been dealing with for a while than whatever nightmare of a surprise Trump has planned for this nation were he to get in office.

[+] 10 users Like Escape Artist's post
10-10-2016, 12:05 PM
(10-10-2016 11:48 AM)Escape Artist Wrote:  
(10-10-2016 11:28 AM)jennybee Wrote:  I know Tongue but it was still annoying to watch the pacing. At the same time, it does further show the type of person he is. I'm hoping people made note of that.

I'm afraid that too many Americans just don't give a shit. Or that they view this as purely entertainment and aren't considering the real ramifications if someone like Trump were elected.

Last night's debate was extremely unsettling. The things the crowd cheered, Trump's promise to jail Hillary Clinton if he were elected President... I just thought, "Wow, is this really America? Is this what we really are now?" It was like watching a damn Jerry Springer show.

Trump acted like a petulant child last night. I had a hard time figuring out whether I was watching a presidential debate or a demonstration of a child having a temper tantrum.

And look, I get that for those outside the U.S. that this is a "ha ha, look at the United States falling apart - bunch of bullies, it's what they deserve" or whatever else that foreigners might be thinking, but there are real people who would be impacted negatively by a Trump presidency.

The thing that is most frightening to me is perhaps not even Trump himself, but that there are still people in this country, in this day and age, who look at him and think "Yeah, that's my man. That's the kind of guy I want running my country."

Hillary is not who I would have picked, by any means. But I honestly would rather have more of the same bullshit we've been dealing with for a while than whatever nightmare of a surprise Trump has planned for this nation were he to get in office.

Agreed, I don't think most Trump supporters would bat an eyelash at his behavior last night. I was thinking more of the undecided voters--that maybe they would look at his behavior last night: his pacing to intimidate, his below the belt comments, and the again with the "it was just locker room talk" thing. He did apologize--but to do so and then keep insisting it was "just locker room talk" when people are in such an uproar over his comments...it just didn't really seem to me as though he was taking full responsibility for his actions or really caring that his words upset many people across the US and beyond.

[+] 1 user Likes jennybee's post