The debate

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
10-10-2016, 12:16 PM
RE: The debate
(10-10-2016 11:34 AM)Chas Wrote:  So, if Trump sexually assaults a woman in the middle of Fifth Avenue, does he lose any voters? Consider

No because he's doing it to make America great again. Facepalm

But as if to knock me down, reality came around
And without so much as a mere touch, cut me into little pieces

Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
[+] 10 users Like Momsurroundedbyboys's post
10-10-2016, 12:26 PM
(10-10-2016 12:05 PM)jennybee Wrote:  , and the again with the "it was just locker room talk" thing. He did apologize--but to do so and then keep insisting it was "just locker room talk" when people are in such an uproar over his comments...it just didn't really seem to me as though he was taking full responsibility for his actions or really caring that his words upset many people across the US and beyond.

He didn't apologize for his comment he apologized if you were offended by it, because it's your fault you don't view women as objects and think sexual assault is funny. Saw a breakdown by a psychologist the other day of the Trump apology and it was nearly word for word how an abuser shifts the blame from themselves to their victims.

(31-07-2014 04:37 PM)Luminon Wrote:  America is full of guns, but they're useless, because nobody has the courage to shoot an IRS agent in self-defense
[+] 7 users Like Revenant77x's post
10-10-2016, 12:29 PM
(10-10-2016 12:05 PM)jennybee Wrote:  Agreed, I don't think most Trump supporters would bat an eyelash at his behavior last night. I was thinking more of the undecided voters--that maybe they would look at his behavior last night: his pacing to intimidate, his below the belt comments, and the again with the "it was just locker room talk" thing. He did apologize--but to do so and then keep insisting it was "just locker room talk" when people are in such an uproar over his comments...it just didn't really seem to me as though he was taking full responsibility for his actions or really caring that his words upset many people across the US and beyond.

He's fully committed to his frat boy potentially armed with a nuclear warhead image now. Making any kind of sincere apology would be seen as weakness. Conversely this sort-of-apology-to-keep-the-screamers-happy is exactly what "his" people see as "strength".

We'll love you just the way you are
If you're perfect -- Alanis Morissette
(06-02-2014 03:47 PM)Momsurroundedbyboys Wrote:  And I'm giving myself a conclusion again from all the facepalming.
[+] 1 user Likes morondog's post
10-10-2016, 12:38 PM
(10-10-2016 12:29 PM)morondog Wrote:  
(10-10-2016 12:05 PM)jennybee Wrote:  Agreed, I don't think most Trump supporters would bat an eyelash at his behavior last night. I was thinking more of the undecided voters--that maybe they would look at his behavior last night: his pacing to intimidate, his below the belt comments, and the again with the "it was just locker room talk" thing. He did apologize--but to do so and then keep insisting it was "just locker room talk" when people are in such an uproar over his comments...it just didn't really seem to me as though he was taking full responsibility for his actions or really caring that his words upset many people across the US and beyond.

He's fully committed to his frat boy potentially armed with a nuclear warhead image now. Making any kind of sincere apology would be seen as weakness. Conversely this sort-of-apology-to-keep-the-screamers-happy is exactly what "his" people see as "strength".

Agreed, I also don't think he believes he did anything wrong and does not seem to like to take responsibility for any of his actions (no matter what they are). It's always everybody else's fault--never his.
[+] 2 users Like jennybee's post
10-10-2016, 12:42 PM
(10-10-2016 12:38 PM)jennybee Wrote:  
(10-10-2016 12:29 PM)morondog Wrote:  He's fully committed to his frat boy potentially armed with a nuclear warhead image now. Making any kind of sincere apology would be seen as weakness. Conversely this sort-of-apology-to-keep-the-screamers-happy is exactly what "his" people see as "strength".

Agreed, I also don't think he believes he did anything wrong and does not seem to like to take responsibility for any of his actions (no matter what they are). It's always everybody else's fault--never his.

What's amazing is how people fall for it.

(06-02-2014 03:47 PM)Momsurroundedbyboys Wrote:  And I'm giving myself a conclusion again from all the facepalming.
[+] 2 users Like morondog's post
10-10-2016, 12:46 PM
(10-10-2016 08:57 AM)Impulse Wrote:  Change doesn't have to be good. It can also be bad. And, with Trump, all the signs are there in huge billboard lettering. Number one among them, he cares only about himself and everyone and everything else are merely means to his ends. His take-and-run past business "relationships", his objectifying women, and his knee-jerk tantrums whenever something doesn't go his way all show this. This attitude and disposition in a POTUS cannot be good for the US. What do we have to lose? Everything. Literally.

If he does get in, and if he is as bad as I personally think he is, then the irony will be that the American people elected him. It's like a 150 million person decision to shoot their collective feet off.

[+] 3 users Like morondog's post
10-10-2016, 12:50 PM
(10-10-2016 12:46 PM)morondog Wrote:  
(10-10-2016 08:57 AM)Impulse Wrote:  Change doesn't have to be good. It can also be bad. And, with Trump, all the signs are there in huge billboard lettering. Number one among them, he cares only about himself and everyone and everything else are merely means to his ends. His take-and-run past business "relationships", his objectifying women, and his knee-jerk tantrums whenever something doesn't go his way all show this. This attitude and disposition in a POTUS cannot be good for the US. What do we have to lose? Everything. Literally.

If he does get in, and if he is as bad as I personally think he is, then the irony will be that the American people elected him. It's like a 150 million person decision to shoot their collective feet off.

And shoot everyone else in the foot at the same time?

Tomorrow is precious, don't ruin it by fouling up today.
10-10-2016, 01:10 PM
Oh joy. Undecided

But wait! There's more!!!

Quote:The British producer of The Apprentice is coming under increasing pressure to release footage from the Donald Trump-led reality television show, amid growing suggestions that there is a trove of damaging material being held back.

Quote:Critics of the Republican nominee are eager for the release of unaired recordings from The Apprentice, a show which Mr Trump lead from its creation in 2004 until 2015.

Quote:"As a producer on seasons one and two of The Apprentice I assure you: when it comes to the Trump tapes, there are far worse," said Bill Pruitt, an Emmy Award-winning producer. He used the hashtag #JustTheBeginning.

All this plus one more "debate" to look forward to. Fuck this.Confused

Help for the living. Hope for the dead. ~ R.G. Ingersoll

Freedom offers opportunity. Opportunity confers responsibility. Responsibility to use the freedom we enjoy wisely, honestly and humanely. ~ Noam Chomsky
10-10-2016, 01:22 PM
(10-10-2016 12:38 PM)jennybee Wrote:  Agreed, I also don't think he believes he did anything wrong and does not seem to like to take responsibility for any of his actions (no matter what they are). It's always everybody else's fault--never his.

One of the lovely attributes of malignant Narcissists. He cannot be wrong, he is always right.

[Image: dobie.png]Science is the process we've designed to be responsible for generating our best guess as to what the fuck is going on. Girly Man
[+] 3 users Like Dom's post
10-10-2016, 01:24 PM
(10-10-2016 11:17 AM)Dom Wrote:  
(10-10-2016 10:54 AM)jennybee Wrote:  His pacing was driving me nuts. It was like he was wearing a fitness tracker.

He did it on purpose - to draw eyes and attention away from her and to "innocently" invade her space and unsettle her.
I also had to wonder if he was doing this because she's a woman - trying to intimidate her - because we all know how he feels about women. Dodgy

@DonaldTrump, Patriotism is not honoring your flag no matter what your country/leader does. It's doing whatever it takes to make your country the best it can be as long as its not violent.
[+] 2 users Like Impulse's post