The debate

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
10-10-2016, 01:27 PM
RE: The debate
(10-10-2016 12:46 PM)morondog Wrote:  
(10-10-2016 08:57 AM)Impulse Wrote:  Change doesn't have to be good. It can also be bad. And, with Trump, all the signs are there in huge billboard lettering. Number one among them, he cares only about himself and everyone and everything else are merely means to his ends. His take-and-run past business "relationships", his objectifying women, and his knee-jerk tantrums whenever something doesn't go his way all show this. This attitude and disposition in a POTUS cannot be good for the US. What do we have to lose? Everything. Literally.

If he does get in, and if he is as bad as I personally think he is, then the irony will be that the American people elected him. It's like a 150 million person decision to shoot their collective feet off.
Yes, that would be both sad and scary.

@DonaldTrump, Patriotism is not honoring your flag no matter what your country/leader does. It's doing whatever it takes to make your country the best it can be as long as its not violent.
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
10-10-2016, 02:00 PM
(10-10-2016 12:46 PM)morondog Wrote:  
(10-10-2016 08:57 AM)Impulse Wrote:  Change doesn't have to be good. It can also be bad. And, with Trump, all the signs are there in huge billboard lettering. Number one among them, he cares only about himself and everyone and everything else are merely means to his ends. His take-and-run past business "relationships", his objectifying women, and his knee-jerk tantrums whenever something doesn't go his way all show this. This attitude and disposition in a POTUS cannot be good for the US. What do we have to lose? Everything. Literally.

If he does get in, and if he is as bad as I personally think he is, then the irony will be that the American people elected him. It's like a 150 million person decision to shoot their collective feet off.

It's also ironic that people are voting for him because of his support of guns, yet here is guy with a dictatorial, fascist egocentric personality that is threatened by anyone with more power than he has. This is the type of personality who would remove guns in a heartbeat if he felt threatened by them. But his supporters haven't put this together in their minds. They aren't the type of people who ponder deeply or think things through.

Shakespeare's Comedy of Errors.... on Donald J. Trump:

He is deformed, crooked, old, and sere,
Ill-fac’d, worse bodied, shapeless every where;
Vicious, ungentle, foolish, blunt, unkind,
Stigmatical in making, worse in mind.
10-10-2016, 02:14 PM
dancefortwo wrote:
Quote:But his supporters haven't put this together in their minds. They aren't the type of people who ponder deeply or think things through.

Er, hang on, isn't there some kind of rash assumption there about the cognitive powers of T Rump supporters.

I mean, "think", come on now df2 . . .

Tomorrow is precious, don't ruin it by fouling up today.
10-10-2016, 02:17 PM
(10-10-2016 02:14 PM)Gloucester Wrote:  dancefortwo wrote:
Quote:But his supporters haven't put this together in their minds. They aren't the type of people who ponder deeply or think things through.

Er, hang on, isn't there some kind of rash assumption there about the cognitive powers of T Rump supporters.

I mean, "think", come on now df2 . . .

Silly me. I should have known better. Blush

Shakespeare's Comedy of Errors.... on Donald J. Trump:

He is deformed, crooked, old, and sere,
Ill-fac’d, worse bodied, shapeless every where;
Vicious, ungentle, foolish, blunt, unkind,
Stigmatical in making, worse in mind.
10-10-2016, 02:25 PM
Here is a decent NZ article about Trump and Clinton.
I think it accurately depicts many NZers outside view of USA politics. It is close to my view of it anyway.

Trump lives up to billing as popular villain
[+] 2 users Like Stevil's post
10-10-2016, 02:38 PM
Overall, my impression of yesterday's debate was that Trump is starting to unravel slowly. He looked 10 years older, his posture is collapsing, he can't stop sniffling, and he picked perseverance as Hillary's good attribute. Given Trump's disorder, that means that he has trouble persevering, he projects everything. It's getting hard for the Donald.

[Image: dobie.png]Science is the process we've designed to be responsible for generating our best guess as to what the fuck is going on. Girly Man
[+] 1 user Likes Dom's post
10-10-2016, 03:02 PM
(10-10-2016 02:38 PM)Dom Wrote:  Overall, my impression of yesterday's debate was that Trump is starting to unravel slowly. He looked 10 years older, his posture is collapsing, he can't stop sniffling, and he picked perseverance as Hillary's good attribute. Given Trump's disorder, that means that he has trouble persevering, he projects everything. It's getting hard for the Donald.

Now let's not get too soft on him ''til he's tucked up safely in some nice, luxury, "nursing home".

Tomorrow is precious, don't ruin it by fouling up today.
10-10-2016, 03:18 PM
If the campaign has done this to him, think of what a term of presidency would do?
[+] 4 users Like skyking's post
10-10-2016, 03:23 PM
(10-10-2016 01:10 PM)Fatbaldhobbit Wrote:  
Quote:The British producer of The Apprentice is coming under increasing pressure to release footage from the Donald Trump-led reality television show, amid growing suggestions that there is a trove of damaging material being held back.

It's funny (not really) that most Aussies only exposure [sic] to Drumpf was when he was the host of 'The Apprentice' which was broadcast here. We thought he was an arrogant, sexist fucktard 10 years ago, and it looks as though he's only got worse with age.

From AP:

Quote:A former crew member, who signed a nondisclosure agreement and asked not to be identified, recalled that Trump asked male contestants whether they would sleep with a particular female contestant, then expressed his own interest.

"We were in the boardroom one time figuring out who to blame for the task, and he just stopped in the middle and pointed to someone and said, ‘You’d fuck her, wouldn’t you? I’d fuck her. C’mon, wouldn’t you?’" The person continued: "Everyone is trying to make him stop talking, and the woman is shrinking in her seat."

Nice.

I'm a creationist... I believe that man created God.
[+] 1 user Likes SYZ's post
10-10-2016, 03:31 PM
This, and his Howard Stern appearances, and the stories from his pageant crap, it is all the same. I never watched the show because a simple commercial about it would suffice. He brings about a very visceral reaction in me and always has. <puke>
[+] 4 users Like skyking's post