The debate

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
10-10-2016, 07:53 PM
RE: The debate
(10-10-2016 02:00 PM)dancefortwo Wrote:  They aren't the type of people who ponder deeply or think things through.

It's probably it little early for this to be a dominant characteristic of our species. We can only hope we don't extinct ourselves, directly (nuclear war) or indirectly (climate change) before we finally evolve to where full use of our pre-frontal cortex is common instead of rare. And to get there means being smart finally confers greater sexual attractiveness (greater reproduction) than being something else, like rich, famous, gorgeous or charismatic, all of which today make a moronic baboon (Trump) never lack for bedtime companionship while nerds and intelligence often still get the pillows and blankets all to themselves.
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
10-10-2016, 08:13 PM
Which candidate are you going to vote for? Drinking Beverage

The worst or Argue the next worst? Beat_stick

Today is the best day of my life and tomorrow will be even better.
Robert himself
[+] 1 user Likes Ro3bert's post
10-10-2016, 08:29 PM
The debate
Did anyone see the duet where they sang "Unforgettable"?
[Image: 70eae4a65d141e551ee00ab47ac43a4b.jpg]
[+] 6 users Like KUSA's post
10-10-2016, 08:46 PM
this election cycle is "So Forgettable"
[+] 1 user Likes skyking's post
10-10-2016, 08:56 PM
It's actually got me a bit down. I'm not generally prone to giving a shit but, even living in Canada, the realization that in a very short time I have to accept either one of these Censored Hobo as my commander in chief is mildly depressing. If I weren't just a part time American I might even tear up a little.

'Murican Canadian
10-10-2016, 09:02 PM
There there
Hug
10-10-2016, 09:11 PM
(10-10-2016 08:13 PM)Ro3bert Wrote:  Which candidate are you going to vote for? Drinking Beverage

The worst or Argue the next worst? Beat_stick

Neither candidate is really acceptable, for the most part. The minority parties don't have a chance. People are having to vote for the candidate who will nominate the next 1, and possibly 3, judges of SCOTUS. That's the only reason I'm voting for Hilary. She has as much chance of "disarming the US" as Obama did, which is the battle cry of the right. Drinking Beverage
[+] 1 user Likes Fireball's post
10-10-2016, 09:14 PM
(10-10-2016 08:56 PM)yakherder Wrote:  It's actually got me a bit down. I'm not generally prone to giving a shit but, even living in Canada, the realization that in a very short time I have to accept either one of these Censored Hobo as my commander in chief is mildly depressing. If I weren't just a part time American I might even tear up a little.

Come on, really? The entire military is a bunch of vulva-grabbing wild men. Didn't you get the memo!? Huh
10-10-2016, 09:25 PM
(10-10-2016 10:03 AM)bemore Wrote:  When faced with identically shit candidates who are as bad as each other you have to use something to base your decision on. I choose his frank and opposive manner.

Except, they're not identical. As the former Secretary of State, Clinton is arguably one of the most qualified candidates to ever run for that office. Compared to Trump, an incompetent real-estate mogul and middling reality TV star who gets by selling his image and and rather regularly defrauding people, and who has never held public office, is the most unqualified person to have a serious chance at running for the office.

(10-10-2016 10:03 AM)bemore Wrote:  He is of couse so stupid, so oblivious in everything that he does that he still has a business and assets worth billions

Which, given what little information he releases, he would have more money had he simply put his inheritance into a bank and never otherwise touched it. When you're business sense has worse returns than a savings account, you're not a good businessman.

(10-10-2016 10:03 AM)bemore Wrote:  He must of been a very lucky person throughout the years to of got him to this point. Drinking Beverage

Indeed, if only we all had the opportunity to inherit millions of dollars or have parents who could give us interest free million dollar loans.

[Image: E3WvRwZ.gif]
[+] 5 users Like EvolutionKills's post
10-10-2016, 09:35 PM
(10-10-2016 02:25 PM)Stevil Wrote:  Here is a decent NZ article about Trump and Clinton.
I think it accurately depicts many NZers outside view of USA politics. It is close to my view of it anyway.

Trump lives up to billing as popular villain

This quote from your hyperlink nails it.

"Trump speaks in what he has described as "hyperbolic truths". Like a professional wrestler he creates a veneer of authenticity and relies on his audience to buy in to the conceit.”

“I am quite sure now that often, very often, in matters concerning religion and politics a man’s reasoning powers are not above the monkey’s.”~Mark Twain
“Ocean: A body of water occupying about two-thirds of a world made for man - who has no gills.”~ Ambrose Bierce
[+] 3 users Like Full Circle's post