The debate

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
11-10-2016, 09:59 AM
RE: The debate
(11-10-2016 09:43 AM)Momsurroundedbyboys Wrote:  The other day we were at Costco, there was an elderly man pushing a shopping cart in a very haphazard way, he truly seemed confused. eventually his family (care giver) found him.

He was wearing a "let's make America great again" hat.

Facepalm
They gotta find votes somewhere... Facepalm

I am not accountable to any God. I am accountable to myself - and not because I think I am God as some theists would try to assert - but because, no matter what actions I take, thoughts I think, or words I utter, I have to be able to live with myself.
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
[+] 1 user Likes Impulse's post
11-10-2016, 10:00 AM (This post was last modified: 11-10-2016 10:07 AM by GirlyMan.)
(11-10-2016 09:42 AM)WillHopp Wrote:  
(11-10-2016 09:30 AM)Impulse Wrote:  Wow, that I never saw coming... Just when I thought nothing else would surprise me in this election.

Beck has been against Trump for a LONG time, actually.

The Mormons smelled bullshit before most. Alla was onto him like a year ago. And whodda thunk I'd be reading Red State. Hobo

#sigh
[+] 4 users Like GirlyMan's post
11-10-2016, 11:26 AM
Well the Mormons actually want to care about the personal moral views and don't swiftly jump to beloving and praising the whole redemption & not perfect Christian support the Catholic or southern protestant pushes.

Why must I be Ladd? via da Tapatalk

"Allow there to be a spectrum in all that you see" - Neil Degrasse Tyson
11-10-2016, 11:43 AM (This post was last modified: 11-10-2016 11:53 AM by Full Circle.)
Anyone else see the great piece on the Daily Show by Trevor Noah? Worth watching.

http://www.cc.com/video-clips/ay9dkp/the...116_tds_24

There’s a big difference between crude talk and sexual assault.

“I am quite sure now that often, very often, in matters concerning religion and politics a man’s reasoning powers are not above the monkey’s.”~Mark Twain
“Ocean: A body of water occupying about two-thirds of a world made for man - who has no gills.”~ Ambrose Bierce
11-10-2016, 01:19 PM
(11-10-2016 08:50 AM)Reducetarian Wrote:  
(11-10-2016 07:21 AM)yakherder Wrote:  Well we definitely talk worse than Trump. Heck the only female in our unit is as bad as we are, maybe worse Of course I don't talk about pussy much, though not because I'm a better person, but because I can literally count my sexual experiences on my fingers. I instead tend to steer the conversation towards things like cannibalism, just like I do here.

At any rate, I will never be running for anything. If a video ever surfaced of me, or hell even any one of the posts I've made here, I'd pretty much be done.

The problem isn't his cerulean language.
And it isn't that he was bragging about his sexual performance.
The problem is that he admitted to, and bragged about, sexual assault.

Pretty sure that you and your military peers don't brag about THAT

(behind closed doors you may speak about what you'd do to certain NCOs or officers if you had a chance, but that's quite a different story)

It's all about Drumpf imposing his will on others, against their consent.
Like rape, it's about exercising power, not about indulging in sex.

Unfortunately, too many people don't understand this fundamental difference. (not to imply that you don't; I'm sure you do ...)

Got sidetracked a little in this thread, but my wife and I were discussing that very point. You're right. I don't know anyone, military or not, that has bragged about this sort of thing, or even admitted it to anyone.
11-10-2016, 01:31 PM
(11-10-2016 08:50 AM)Reducetarian Wrote:  
(11-10-2016 07:21 AM)yakherder Wrote:  Well we definitely talk worse than Trump. Heck the only female in our unit is as bad as we are, maybe worse Of course I don't talk about pussy much, though not because I'm a better person, but because I can literally count my sexual experiences on my fingers. I instead tend to steer the conversation towards things like cannibalism, just like I do here.

At any rate, I will never be running for anything. If a video ever surfaced of me, or hell even any one of the posts I've made here, I'd pretty much be done.

The problem isn't his cerulean language.
And it isn't that he was bragging about his sexual performance.
The problem is that he admitted to, and bragged about, sexual assault.

Pretty sure that you and your military peers don't brag about THAT

(behind closed doors you may speak about what you'd do to certain NCOs or officers if you had a chance, but that's quite a different story)

It's all about Drumpf imposing his will on others, against their consent.
Like rape, it's about exercising power, not about indulging in sex.

Unfortunately, too many people don't understand this fundamental difference. (not to imply that you don't; I'm sure you do ...)

Oh I have no love for trump. Not a positive thing to say about him really. But this whole cycle epitomizes the hypocrisy of the stereotypical voter and the nature of the smear campaign tactic. A tactic which both sides have been quite successful at because both sides make it easy.

They are both despicable people in their own ways. Trump epitomizes the rich business psychopath. Hillary epitomizes the slimy politician with a non transparent agenda who says exactly what she feels she needs to say to properly garner support. At any given time we're all blaming one of these two stereotypes for all the world's problems, yet here we are about to put one of them in charge of us.

I'll be honest. I don't care what Trump said about pussy or whether or not it could be perceived as bragging about sexual assault. I already couldn't like either of these two any less. They're ass holes. I get it. What else is new? We all knew this long before the primaries, yet here we are. This has caused me to lose just a little more faith in the voters themselves more so than some intangible enemy like "the system" or the "evil corporations" because the individuals who get pushed to the top are there because we're the ones putting them there.

We didn't get duped. The election wasn't rigged. We know everything about these candidates and we're still going with it.

'Murican Canadian
[+] 3 users Like yakherder's post
11-10-2016, 01:31 PM
Now the Governor of Maine is getting into the act. He's another asshole, for those of you living in other countries, who is completely bonkers.

"... we need a Donald Trump to show some authoritarian power in our country and bring back the rule of law..."

http://www.cnn.com/2016/10/11/politics/p...index.html

That's what the Germans thought when the Hitler took over. Didn't work out so well.

Shakespeare's Comedy of Errors.... on Donald J. Trump:

He is deformed, crooked, old, and sere,
Ill-fac’d, worse bodied, shapeless every where;
Vicious, ungentle, foolish, blunt, unkind,
Stigmatical in making, worse in mind.
[+] 1 user Likes dancefortwo's post
11-10-2016, 02:31 PM
(10-10-2016 10:01 PM)dancefortwo Wrote:  Warren Buffett released his tax returns. He's being audited at this time but even so it's not such a big deal for him to release his tax returns. Wonder why Trump doesn't release his. Gee, ya think he might have some major shit going on with his money? Consider

http://www.nytimes.com/2016/10/11/busine....html?_r=0

Trumps an asshole. An epic asshole.

A bit more from Warren.

http://theweek.com/speedreads/654343/war...nald-trump

"My 2015 return shows adjusted gross income of $11,563,931. My deductions totaled $5,477,694, of which allowable charitable contributions were $3,469,179. All but $36,037 of the remainder was for state income taxes.

The total charitable contributions I made during the year were $2,858,057,970, of which more than $2.85 billion were not taken as deductions and never will be. Tax law properly limits charitable deductions.

My federal income tax for the year was $1,845,557. Returns for previous years are of a similar nature in respect to contributions, deductions, and tax rates.

I have paid federal income tax every year since 1944, when I was 13. (Though, being a slow starter, I owed only $7 in tax that year.) I have copies of all 72 of my returns and none uses a carryforward.

Finally, I have been audited by the IRS multiple times and am currently being audited. I have no problem releasing my tax information while under audit. Neither would Mr. Trump — at least he would have no legal problem. [Warren Buffett via Bloomberg]”

“I am quite sure now that often, very often, in matters concerning religion and politics a man’s reasoning powers are not above the monkey’s.”~Mark Twain
“Ocean: A body of water occupying about two-thirds of a world made for man - who has no gills.”~ Ambrose Bierce
[+] 8 users Like Full Circle's post
11-10-2016, 02:39 PM
let's see if The Donald tweets about Warren Buffett now. I am betting yes. So easily baited Big Grin
11-10-2016, 02:46 PM
(11-10-2016 02:31 PM)Full Circle Wrote:  
(10-10-2016 10:01 PM)dancefortwo Wrote:  Warren Buffett released his tax returns. He's being audited at this time but even so it's not such a big deal for him to release his tax returns. Wonder why Trump doesn't release his. Gee, ya think he might have some major shit going on with his money? Consider

http://www.nytimes.com/2016/10/11/busine....html?_r=0

Trumps an asshole. An epic asshole.

A bit more from Warren.

http://theweek.com/speedreads/654343/war...nald-trump

"My 2015 return shows adjusted gross income of $11,563,931. My deductions totaled $5,477,694, of which allowable charitable contributions were $3,469,179. All but $36,037 of the remainder was for state income taxes.

The total charitable contributions I made during the year were $2,858,057,970, of which more than $2.85 billion were not taken as deductions and never will be. Tax law properly limits charitable deductions.

My federal income tax for the year was $1,845,557. Returns for previous years are of a similar nature in respect to contributions, deductions, and tax rates.

I have paid federal income tax every year since 1944, when I was 13. (Though, being a slow starter, I owed only $7 in tax that year.) I have copies of all 72 of my returns and none uses a carryforward.

Finally, I have been audited by the IRS multiple times and am currently being audited. I have no problem releasing my tax information while under audit. Neither would Mr. Trump — at least he would have no legal problem. [Warren Buffett via Bloomberg]”

And he gave away $2.8 billion in charity. Not only that but he plans to give away much more. He lives in a modest house in Omaha, Nebraska. Here it is.

[Image: Warren-Buffett-Address.jpg]

Here's Donald Trump's house. The one in Florida.

[Image: 2E1A3E1B00000578-3303819-image-a-24_1446657463822.jpg]

Shakespeare's Comedy of Errors.... on Donald J. Trump:

He is deformed, crooked, old, and sere,
Ill-fac’d, worse bodied, shapeless every where;
Vicious, ungentle, foolish, blunt, unkind,
Stigmatical in making, worse in mind.