The debate

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
11-10-2016, 02:47 PM
RE: The debate
(11-10-2016 01:31 PM)dancefortwo Wrote:  Now the Governor of Maine is getting into the act. He's another asshole, for those of you living in other countries, who is completely bonkers.

"... we need a Donald Trump to show some authoritarian power in our country and bring back the rule of law..."

http://www.cnn.com/2016/10/11/politics/p...index.html

That's what the Germans thought when the Hitler took over. Didn't work out so well.

If that was a verbatim transcript LePage talks in the same disjointed, English-as-a-second-language style as T Rump.

Tomorrow is precious, don't ruin it by fouling up today.
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
11-10-2016, 02:48 PM
(09-10-2016 08:13 PM)Lord Dark Helmet Wrote:  Trump is winning the tax, immigration and health care part of the debate. But he is extremely weak on foreign policy. Actually weak is too kind. He sounds like a fool.
He's absolute shit on all of those policies, though... Tax is just handouts to the rich and adds to the deficit, immigration is "fuck minorities", and health care is "let's go back to healthcare being 100% run by private health insurance companies, so they can save money by not covering you if you're actually sick".

Though I have a sneaking suspicion you might support the Cheato, if my vague recollection of some posts here is correct... So I'm not surprised.

Better without God, and happier too.
[+] 4 users Like Azaraith's post
11-10-2016, 02:58 PM (This post was last modified: 11-10-2016 03:04 PM by Gloucester.)
(11-10-2016 02:46 PM)dancefortwo Wrote:  
(11-10-2016 02:31 PM)Full Circle Wrote:  A bit more from Warren.

http://theweek.com/speedreads/654343/war...nald-trump

"My 2015 return shows adjusted gross income of $11,563,931. My deductions totaled $5,477,694, of which allowable charitable contributions were $3,469,179. All but $36,037 of the remainder was for state income taxes.

The total charitable contributions I made during the year were $2,858,057,970, of which more than $2.85 billion were not taken as deductions and never will be. Tax law properly limits charitable deductions.

My federal income tax for the year was $1,845,557. Returns for previous years are of a similar nature in respect to contributions, deductions, and tax rates.

I have paid federal income tax every year since 1944, when I was 13. (Though, being a slow starter, I owed only $7 in tax that year.) I have copies of all 72 of my returns and none uses a carryforward.

Finally, I have been audited by the IRS multiple times and am currently being audited. I have no problem releasing my tax information while under audit. Neither would Mr. Trump — at least he would have no legal problem. [Warren Buffett via Bloomberg]”

And he gave away $2.8 billion in charity. Not only that but he plans to give away much more. He lives in a modest house in Omaha, Nebraska. Here it is.

[Image: Warren-Buffett-Address.jpg]

Here's Donald Trump's house. The one in Florida.

[Image: 2E1A3E1B00000578-3303819-image-a-24_1446657463822.jpg]

IIRC from some years ago Warren Buffet said, in an interview, that it wasn't the money per se nor the power it gave him that was his driving principle - it was just the game of beating the markets, the risks, making wild predictions that came good etc. It was his game, his hobby - the money was almost a bi-product.

Unlike the power crazy slime ball that is the Rump.

11-10-2016, 03:02 PM
Something went totally . . . there!

19-10-2016, 07:55 AM
Round 3 coming up today!

[Image: dobie.png]Science is the process we've designed to be responsible for generating our best guess as to what the fuck is going on. Girly Man
19-10-2016, 07:58 AM
To waste my time or not to waste my time, that is the question. Consider

@DonaldTrump, Patriotism is not honoring your flag no matter what your country/leader does. It's doing whatever it takes to make your country the best it can be as long as its not violent.
19-10-2016, 08:23 AM
(19-10-2016 07:58 AM)Impulse Wrote:  To waste my time or not to waste my time, that is the question. Consider

I think tonight might be fun. Popcorn

[Image: dobie.png]Science is the process we've designed to be responsible for generating our best guess as to what the fuck is going on. Girly Man
[+] 1 user Likes Dom's post
19-10-2016, 08:47 AM
(19-10-2016 08:23 AM)Dom Wrote:  I think tonight might be fun. Popcorn
Maybe. We know Donald is desperate. So I suppose that in itself should be fun. Smile

@DonaldTrump, Patriotism is not honoring your flag no matter what your country/leader does. It's doing whatever it takes to make your country the best it can be as long as its not violent.
19-10-2016, 08:53 AM
Everybody needs a theme song. This one stuck in my head for Trump.

19-10-2016, 08:57 AM
Past my bed time, but I'll at least watch the beginning to see if Trump grabs Hilary.
[+] 1 user Likes Fireball's post