The debate

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
19-10-2016, 08:36 PM
RE: The debate
She's less annoying, more well spoken, and better prepared in regards to explaining her flawed solutions than he is at explaining his flawed solutions, so I guess she won Tongue. I still wouldn't vote for either one of them.

'Murican Canadian
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
[+] 1 user Likes yakherder's post
19-10-2016, 08:43 PM
(19-10-2016 08:36 PM)jennybee Wrote:  
(19-10-2016 08:17 PM)skyking Wrote:  Hillary is just kicking his butt. Wow.

I agree, I thought she did a good job. I was surprised that he was able to somewhat control himself, however.

some people suggested coaching, or drugs, or a combination. I figure he had a dog shock collar around his testes and somebody off stage with the remote.
[+] 4 users Like skyking's post
19-10-2016, 08:45 PM
He won't concede when he loses. But he might lose so badly it won't be necessary.

We have to remember that what we observe is not nature herself, but nature exposed to our method of questioning ~ Werner Heisenberg
[+] 2 users Like tomilay's post
19-10-2016, 08:47 PM
Chris Matthews “Will you abide by the results?”
DJT “I’ll look at it at that time.”

Undermining democracy one debate and tweet at a time. Facepalm

I think she was poised, erudite and prepared plus she ignored his petulancy (I was walking around with a Scotch in my hand mumbling under my breath), she’s a better person than I am.

He was Trump, that says it all.

“I am quite sure now that often, very often, in matters concerning religion and politics a man’s reasoning powers are not above the monkey’s.”~Mark Twain
“Ocean: A body of water occupying about two-thirds of a world made for man - who has no gills.”~ Ambrose Bierce
[+] 2 users Like Full Circle's post
19-10-2016, 08:52 PM
When he kept interrupting and making snide comments under his breath, MY face was getting red and I could feel anger bubbling in my body.
I really don't know how she keeps her shit together, but she definitely has this cool as a cucumber thing DOWN PAT.
[+] 2 users Like ShadowProject's post
19-10-2016, 08:52 PM
I'm mostly just sad as I realize that this may have been the meteor's last chance to get them both at the same location at the same time.

'Murican Canadian
[+] 4 users Like yakherder's post
19-10-2016, 08:54 PM
(19-10-2016 10:48 AM)Full Circle Wrote:  Random thoughts for tonight:

Since this is the last “debate” I think we’re going to see a full blown, scorched earth performance unlike anything seen before in the annals of US politics. I would not be surprised to see Trump frothing at the mouth at the end of the 90 minutes.

He was less rabid than I expected, which isn’t saying much.

(19-10-2016 10:48 AM)‘Full Circle Wrote:  Chris Wallace is moderating and I’m curious to see if he asks the tough questions and makes them answer, I don’t think he will.

I give him high marks.

(19-10-2016 10:48 AM)‘Full Circle Wrote:  I’m curious to see how Clinton reacts and if she keeps her cool and stays on message under what I expect to be very personal attacks.

I would have gotten into a fist fight, she was incredibly composed.

(19-10-2016 10:48 AM)‘Full Circle Wrote:  How much will be made of the claim of a rigged election? I think this is a hot topic and frankly having a nominee undermine the legitimacy of the democratic process is toxic and destabilizing. Add to that the calls for vigilantism at the polls and it is a recipe for chaos.

Refused to say he would abide by the results, what a destabilizing thing to say.

(19-10-2016 10:48 AM)‘Full Circle Wrote:  With three weeks to go before the election and the polls showing Clinton solidly ahead I think Trump will ramp up his personal attacks while simultaneously putting the final touches on his face-saving narrative on why and how he lost the race...to a woman. He has to prop up the winning brand right?

I plan to have some some of this close by tonight.

[Image: 450.jpg]

Fuck that, I had this instead!

[Image: be94692963446e16334e93f70f24c9db.jpg]

“I am quite sure now that often, very often, in matters concerning religion and politics a man’s reasoning powers are not above the monkey’s.”~Mark Twain
“Ocean: A body of water occupying about two-thirds of a world made for man - who has no gills.”~ Ambrose Bierce
19-10-2016, 08:55 PM
(19-10-2016 08:52 PM)ShadowProject Wrote:  When he kept interrupting and making snide comments under his breath, MY face was getting red and I could feel anger bubbling in my body.
I really don't know how she keeps her shit together, but she definitely has this cool as a cucumber thing DOWN PAT.

Every time he does that he shows his true colors. They're talking about it right now on the debate coverage--his temperament and how many people are concerned about that if he becomes president.

"Let the waters settle and you will see the moon and stars mirrored in your own being." -Rumi
[+] 2 users Like jennybee's post
19-10-2016, 08:57 PM (This post was last modified: 19-10-2016 09:14 PM by Chas.)
There were several points at which Wallace should have just said "Shut the fuck up" to either or both. Drinking Beverage

I don't expect Trump to be able to control himself, but I expected better of Clinton.

Skepticism is not a position; it is an approach to claims.
Science is not a subject, but a method.
[Image: flagstiny%206.gif]
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
19-10-2016, 08:58 PM
Annoyingness and side issues aside... The only portion of the debate I can say I definitively sided with either of them on was in regards to abortion / LGBT rights, on which I completely agreed with her and completely disagreed with Trump. On everything else, I think they're either both way off course from a realistic solution or both just spouting party rhetoric.

'Murican Canadian