The debate

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
26-09-2016, 09:09 PM
RE: The debate
(26-09-2016 08:58 PM)Lord Dark Helmet Wrote:  
(26-09-2016 08:53 PM)Momsurroundedbyboys Wrote:  What elected office has Trump ever held?

Thats part of Trump's appeal though.

Thanks for the laugh. Laugh out load

But as if to knock me down, reality came around
And without so much as a mere touch, cut me into little pieces

Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
26-09-2016, 09:10 PM
(26-09-2016 09:05 PM)Atothetheist Wrote:  
(26-09-2016 09:03 PM)Metazoa Zeke Wrote:  Hey steve, how have you been?

Doing fantastic, buddy. Really busy with University, but I still lurk when I can.

Good ta hear, been trying to go back to school.

[Image: Guilmon-41189.gif] https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCOW_Ioi2wtuPa88FvBmnBgQ my youtube
26-09-2016, 09:17 PM
(26-09-2016 09:09 PM)Momsurroundedbyboys Wrote:  
(26-09-2016 08:58 PM)Lord Dark Helmet Wrote:  Thats part of Trump's appeal though.

Thanks for the laugh. Laugh out load

Check out the latest swing state polls.

"Evil will always triumph over good, because good is dumb." - Lord Dark Helmet
[Image: 25397spaceballs.gif]
26-09-2016, 09:19 PM
(26-09-2016 09:17 PM)Lord Dark Helmet Wrote:  
(26-09-2016 09:09 PM)Momsurroundedbyboys Wrote:  Thanks for the laugh. Laugh out load

Check out the latest swing state polls.

It is tied still ain't it.

[Image: Guilmon-41189.gif] https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCOW_Ioi2wtuPa88FvBmnBgQ my youtube
26-09-2016, 09:19 PM
My favourite Trumpism "My temperament is my best quality"

Still ROTFL from that one ...

Your faith is not evidence, your opinion is not fact, and your bias is not wisdom
[+] 3 users Like Reducetarian's post
26-09-2016, 09:33 PM
(26-09-2016 09:19 PM)Metazoa Zeke Wrote:  
(26-09-2016 09:17 PM)Lord Dark Helmet Wrote:  Check out the latest swing state polls.

It is tied still ain't it.

Some are tied. Some he is winning. Some are within the margin of error. But 6 weeks ago he was down in all of them and down 10% nationally.

"Evil will always triumph over good, because good is dumb." - Lord Dark Helmet
[Image: 25397spaceballs.gif]
26-09-2016, 09:41 PM
(26-09-2016 09:33 PM)Lord Dark Helmet Wrote:  
(26-09-2016 09:19 PM)Metazoa Zeke Wrote:  It is tied still ain't it.

Some are tied. Some he is winning. Some are within the margin of error. But 6 weeks ago he was down in all of them and down 10% nationally.

If this debate did nothing to them, then not only where they pointless, but neither of them will work and I won because both lost.

26-09-2016, 09:48 PM (This post was last modified: 26-09-2016 09:53 PM by Fireball.)
(26-09-2016 07:52 PM)Lord Dark Helmet Wrote:  
(26-09-2016 07:45 PM)Bucky Ball Wrote:  Hillary is doing very well. Donald is getting "rattled". She is calmly smiling. Big Grin
He's "all over the map", still making promises, and not saying how he'll do anything ... he's proving what a dolt he is.

People see what they want to see.

I see her looking down at notes and reading talking points. Watch her eyes.

He's speaking from the heart. She's reading prewritten shit off notes.

If he isn't reading off some notes, that means he's just "Mad-Libbing" what is really "in his heart". Facepalm

What this all boils down to is SCOTUS, and I'm siding with Clinton only for this reason. Women's rights will only go down the tubes with more conservative justices.
[+] 1 user Likes Fireball's post
26-09-2016, 09:50 PM
(26-09-2016 08:31 PM)Lord Dark Helmet Wrote:  This debate is making something very clear.

He is terrible at public speaking. He hasn't learned how to talk like a lawyer/politician like she has. He talks like a regular guy.

It makes her appear more intelligent than him. That might impress some people, but if you look past her talking point drone talk, she keeps things very basic.

He speaks from the top of his head like when two people talk at the bar.

Her style is better and will help her appear more prepared.

He not only is poor at public speaking. He cannot form an idea and present it. What pops out his mouth is whatever pops into his disordered mind. He couldn't stay on topic if he were paid to do so.

Insufferable know-it-all.Einstein God has a plan for us. Please stop screwing it up with your prayers.
[+] 7 users Like Bucky Ball's post
26-09-2016, 09:57 PM (This post was last modified: 26-09-2016 10:03 PM by epronovost.)
(26-09-2016 07:52 PM)Lord Dark Helmet Wrote:  He's speaking from the heart. She's reading prewritten shit off notes.

I don't think that this strategy is a good sign for a POTUS. A presidential debate is a very formal debate on issue of great importance where a candidate is supposed to demonstrate his capacities and answer difficult question both from the population and his/her opponent. This isn't Miss Personality Pageant. I don't think debates are made for showing your "human" side. Its true that Trump style seems much less scripted than that of his opponent, but in no way does that make him more honest or even more "human". Trump is just has experiemented than Hillary when it comes to selling his image. It has been over 35 years that Trump is selling himself as a loud mouth, agressive and successful bussiness man. That's how he sell his brand and that's how he sells his presidency. Hillary is selling herself as a "classical" politician; highly technocratic with a faux link to the middle class and respect for the political intitutions and tradition of her country.

Freedom is servitude to justice and intellectual honesty.