The debate

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
20-10-2016, 08:47 AM
RE: The debate
(20-10-2016 08:35 AM)dancefortwo Wrote:  
(20-10-2016 06:32 AM)yakherder Wrote:  Maybe he'll be the next Rush Limbaugh. Or defect to Russia and convince Putin to give him some random third world country.

I don't give a shit what he does after the election. I do know that Hillary saved us from one of the biggest threats to American democracy since the Civil War, maybe since our inception.

It will be fun to watch the Republicans fight to re-establish themselves ... lots of fun. Rolleyes

Insufferable know-it-all.Einstein God has a plan for us. Please stop screwing it up with your prayers.
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
20-10-2016, 08:49 AM
(20-10-2016 08:46 AM)Old Man Marsh Wrote:  Hopefully after this election the GOP is finally going to kick out certain elements (the religious right, john birchers, etc.), or at least make them feel particularly unwelcome. If they don't amputate now, the infection will fester and eventually kill the host.

Amputation is so middle ages. What we need is a mini watered down Trump. Just enough Trump to make us immune to his symptoms but not enough to get the whole infection, thereby allowing us to grow an immunity.

'Murican Canadian
[+] 1 user Likes yakherder's post
20-10-2016, 08:50 AM
(20-10-2016 08:07 AM)Dom Wrote:  You know, his wife said that he apologized for what he said about pussy grabbing and she forgave him. In the debate, he said he didn't even apologize to his wife.....

You watch this guy and you have to wonder if stupid has a limit.

We have to remember that what we observe is not nature herself, but nature exposed to our method of questioning ~ Werner Heisenberg
[+] 3 users Like tomilay's post
20-10-2016, 08:51 AM
(20-10-2016 06:30 AM)Bucky Ball Wrote:  
(20-10-2016 12:12 AM)Momsurroundedbyboys Wrote:  I have no idea and I don't know how the panel could ignore that shit. A few of them got rattled tho.

I switched to PBS.

Trump saying that he might or might not accept the results of the election...Like this is a game to him.

I think he's got plan B in the works. Probably like his own cable network or some crap like that. So he can continue to tell people how great he is and how whatever will be amazing.

Agree, except that maybe it was always Plan A.
His business interests REQUIRE civil order be maintained, and the normal transparent institutions continue in place, functioning.
The idea he wouldn't accept the results is just more school-yard bullshit to get and keep attention on him.

I have said from the beginning he doesn't actually want to be president. I think to him, this whole thing has been a giant focus group.

And many people fell for it.

But as if to knock me down, reality came around
And without so much as a mere touch, cut me into little pieces

[+] 2 users Like Momsurroundedbyboys's post
20-10-2016, 09:19 AM
(19-10-2016 09:09 PM)jennybee Wrote:  His abortion comments were very scary. And does he ever admit to anything he says?
He can't admit to anything. It was unbelievable when he denied mocking the disabled reporter. Does he not know that we all saw it for ourselves in the news or on YouTube? Facepalm

I am not accountable to any God. I am accountable to myself - and not because I think I am God as some theists would try to assert - but because, no matter what actions I take, thoughts I think, or words I utter, I have to be able to live with myself.
20-10-2016, 09:21 AM
(20-10-2016 08:47 AM)Bucky Ball Wrote:  
(20-10-2016 08:35 AM)dancefortwo Wrote:  I don't give a shit what he does after the election. I do know that Hillary saved us from one of the biggest threats to American democracy since the Civil War, maybe since our inception.

It will be fun to watch the Republicans fight to re-establish themselves ... lots of fun. Rolleyes

One thing that worries me is that the American voters have a very short memory. People kinda like going back to what they're used and don't like change. And everyone's so used to a bunch of fucked up Republicans that it's a regular part of this country's identity now.

Shakespeare's Comedy of Errors.... on Donald J. Trump:

He is deformed, crooked, old, and sere,
Ill-fac’d, worse bodied, shapeless every where;
Vicious, ungentle, foolish, blunt, unkind,
Stigmatical in making, worse in mind.
20-10-2016, 09:23 AM
(20-10-2016 08:07 AM)Dom Wrote:  You know, his wife said that he apologized for what he said about pussy grabbing and she forgave him. In the debate, he said he didn't even apologize to his wife.....

Oh what a tangled web we weave when we first practice to deceive.

or

Of facts, be choosy when we first practice to grab pussy.

Smartass

“I am quite sure now that often, very often, in matters concerning religion and politics a man’s reasoning powers are not above the monkey’s.”~Mark Twain
“Ocean: A body of water occupying about two-thirds of a world made for man - who has no gills.”~ Ambrose Bierce
[+] 2 users Like Full Circle's post
20-10-2016, 09:42 AM
My take on the debate:

Trump answered the questions, barely, but sometime answered a previous question and forgot to answer the current one. Clinton answered the question, provided a broader context for why the issue in the question is important, and still had time to address the BS shoveled her way from Trump. There's just no comparison between these two. Clinton thoroughly understands the issues (whether you agree with her position on them or not) while Trump is merely trying to catch up on them enough to debate and campaign. Also, Trump again used his toddler approach of interrupting and bullying (I wonder if he'd do the same with a male opponent Dodgy ) which undermined his performance (good!). The "nasty woman" comment probably worked ok with his supporters, but came across as "what a bitch" to everyone else. More women degrading; no surprise from him, but he only hurt himself.

Here's hoping this bigot loses in the biggest landslide in our history so no one can possibly question the outcome - and so he suffers the embarrassment of losing so badly even to a generally disliked opponent who also just happens to be a woman. The irony would make up at least a little for all the time lost listening to his mostly unintelligible, antiquated, and offensive nonsense.

I am not accountable to any God. I am accountable to myself - and not because I think I am God as some theists would try to assert - but because, no matter what actions I take, thoughts I think, or words I utter, I have to be able to live with myself.
[+] 5 users Like Impulse's post
20-10-2016, 09:47 AM
This has nothing to do with what each candidate said but I thought Hillary Clinton looked great in that white suit. Notice I didn't call it a "pant suit". Do people call men's suits a "pant suits"?! NO!

Anyway, whoever chooses her clothes does a great job. She's going where no woman has gone before so she has to choose clothes that are unique to her position. Her clothes are a cross between male authoritative suites with a touch of femininity and a lot of comfort.

Shakespeare's Comedy of Errors.... on Donald J. Trump:

He is deformed, crooked, old, and sere,
Ill-fac’d, worse bodied, shapeless every where;
Vicious, ungentle, foolish, blunt, unkind,
Stigmatical in making, worse in mind.
20-10-2016, 09:56 AM (This post was last modified: 20-10-2016 01:26 PM by Full Circle.)
(20-10-2016 09:42 AM)Impulse Wrote:  Also, Trump again used his toddler approach of interrupting and bullying (I wonder if he'd do the same with a male opponent Dodgy ) which undermined his performance (good!).

Don’t you remember the primaries when he nicknamed and interrupted all his opponents?

Little Marco
Lyin’ Ted
Low Energy Jeb
1 for 38 Kasich
then he added
Crazy Bernie
Goofy Elizabeth

http://abcnews.go.com/Politics/crooked-h...d=39035114

“I am quite sure now that often, very often, in matters concerning religion and politics a man’s reasoning powers are not above the monkey’s.”~Mark Twain
“Ocean: A body of water occupying about two-thirds of a world made for man - who has no gills.”~ Ambrose Bierce