The debate

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
20-10-2016, 10:02 AM
RE: The debate
(20-10-2016 09:47 AM)dancefortwo Wrote:  ...
She's going where no woman has gone before

"These are the voyages ... " Laughat

I'm curious as to your view here, d42... She's not the first female world leader ... by a long way.

But she obviously is from a Murikan perspective. So are you referring to the role of POTUS specifically or something related to US culture that might be different from other nations? Or something else that I've missed entirely?

Huh

Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
[+] 1 user Likes DLJ's post
20-10-2016, 10:11 AM
(20-10-2016 08:18 AM)WillHopp Wrote:  
(20-10-2016 08:07 AM)Dom Wrote:  You know, his wife said that he apologized for what he said about pussy grabbing and she forgave him. In the debate, he said he didn't even apologize to his wife.....

He meant he didn't apologize for the 10 women who came forward to accuse him of doing what he said he did on the tape.

I'd be interested in knowing what Chas thought of the abortion exchange.

I was, as usual, angry at the dishonesty of using late-term abortions as an argument.

Trump is an asshole. Drinking Beverage

Skepticism is not a position; it is an approach to claims.
Science is not a subject, but a method.
[Image: flagstiny%206.gif]
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
[+] 2 users Like Chas's post
20-10-2016, 10:26 AM
Quote:Notice I didn't call it a "pant suit". Do people call men's suits a "pant suits"?! NO!
[fussy]I think "pant suit" was to differentiate a jacket and trousers suit fom a jacket and skirt suit at one time, but the latter got abbreviated from "two piece suit" to just "two piece" over here. However "pants suit" stuck.

Men don't wear skirts, well, not many, not in public... Though I remember the cross-dressing judge in "Hill Street Blues", great series![/fussy]

Tomorrow is precious, don't ruin it by fouling up today.
20-10-2016, 10:28 AM
(20-10-2016 10:26 AM)Gloucester Wrote:  
Quote:Notice I didn't call it a "pant suit". Do people call men's suits a "pant suits"?! NO!
[fussy]I think "pant suit" was to differentiate a jacket and trousers suit fom a jacket and skirt suit at one time, but the latter got abbreviated from "two piece suit" to just "two piece" over here. However "pants suit" stuck.

Men don't wear skirts, well, not many, not in public... Though I remember the cross-dressing judge in "Hill Street Blues", great series![/fussy]

If I ever run for dictator I'm wearing a kilt to the debate.

'Murican Canadian
[+] 2 users Like yakherder's post
20-10-2016, 10:29 AM
(20-10-2016 08:50 AM)tomilay Wrote:  
(20-10-2016 08:07 AM)Dom Wrote:  You know, his wife said that he apologized for what he said about pussy grabbing and she forgave him. In the debate, he said he didn't even apologize to his wife.....

You watch this guy and you have to wonder if stupid has a limit.

Just keep watching that space! The one between his ears that is.

20-10-2016, 10:30 AM
(20-10-2016 10:28 AM)yakherder Wrote:  
(20-10-2016 10:26 AM)Gloucester Wrote:  [fussy]I think "pant suit" was to differentiate a jacket and trousers suit fom a jacket and skirt suit at one time, but the latter got abbreviated from "two piece suit" to just "two piece" over here. However "pants suit" stuck.

If I ever run for dictator I'm wearing a kilt to the debate.

Damn!

20-10-2016, 10:45 AM
(20-10-2016 10:02 AM)DLJ Wrote:  

I'm curious as to your view here, d42... She's not the first female world leader ... by a long way.

But she obviously is from a Murikan perspective. So are you referring to the role of POTUS specifically or something related to US culture that might be different from other nations? Or something else that I've missed entirely?

Huh
Just hope she is not another Maggie fucking Thatcher! More of an Angular Merkle.

20-10-2016, 10:52 AM
(20-10-2016 10:02 AM)DLJ Wrote:  

Huh

40 years ago, if you had told me that the US would some day have a black president, or a female president, I would have perished the thought. But then, I also would not have believed that gay marriage and legal weed were in our future.

[Image: dobie.png]Science is the process we've designed to be responsible for generating our best guess as to what the fuck is going on. Girly Man
20-10-2016, 11:04 AM
(20-10-2016 10:52 AM)Dom Wrote:  
(20-10-2016 10:02 AM)DLJ Wrote:  "These are the voyages ... " Laughat

Huh

40 years ago, if you had told me that the US would some day have a black president, or a female president, I would have perished the thought. But then, I also would not have believed that gay marriage and legal weed were in our future.

Maybe in another 40 years we can have a president that admits to not believing in imaginary omnipotent beings in the sky.

'Murican Canadian
[+] 4 users Like yakherder's post
20-10-2016, 11:04 AM
(20-10-2016 09:56 AM)Full Circle Wrote:  
(20-10-2016 09:42 AM)Impulse Wrote:  Also, Trump again used his toddler approach of interrupting and bullying (I wonder if he'd do the same with a male opponent Dodgy ) which undermined his performance (good!).

Don’t you remember the primaries when he nicknamed and interrupted all his opponents?

Little Marco
Lyon’ Ted
Low Energy Jeb
1 for 38 Kasich
then he added
Crazy Bernie
Goofy Elizabeth

http://abcnews.go.com/Politics/crooked-h...d=39035114
Actually no, but good to know. I wasn't paying much attention during the primaries. I had a lot going on and could barely even keep up with the news.

I am not accountable to any God. I am accountable to myself - and not because I think I am God as some theists would try to assert - but because, no matter what actions I take, thoughts I think, or words I utter, I have to be able to live with myself.