The debate

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
27-09-2016, 05:02 AM (This post was last modified: 27-09-2016 05:13 AM by GirlyMan.)
RE: The debate
(27-09-2016 02:34 AM)Lord Dark Helmet Wrote:  Looking down at her notes repeatedly almost like reading from a book. People noticed. My daughter even noticed. "Is she reading from a paper on the podium?"

You say that like it's a bad thing. Whenever I give a presentation I always have notes. Not only does it look professional and indicates I prepared, it lends a sense of gravitas to the event. Off the cuff speaking without preparation looks like ... well like Trump did last night.

#sigh
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
[+] 11 users Like GirlyMan's post
27-09-2016, 05:56 AM
Well, looking from outside, but still with interest since this a bit of a global matter, I would trust neither if them (but I never trust politicians anyway - nothing new there) .

But, on points scored for accuracy, presentation, use of English (is it Trump's second language?, he is worse than Dubya) the lady is the winner for me.

Honesty? Only time will tell!

Tomorrow is precious, don't ruin it by fouling up today.
[+] 3 users Like Gloucester's post
27-09-2016, 06:49 AM
SUPPORTER: Every thinking person in America will be voting for you!

ADLAI STEVENSON: Madame, I'm afraid that won't do— I need a majority!

Don't let those gnomes and their illusions get you down. They're just gnomes and illusions.

--Jake the Dog, Adventure Time

Alouette, je te plumerai.
[+] 7 users Like Old Man Marsh's post
27-09-2016, 06:56 AM
(27-09-2016 06:49 AM)Old Man Marsh Wrote:  SUPPORTER: Every thinking person in America will be voting for you!

ADLAI STEVENSON: Madame, I'm afraid that won't do— I need a majority!

What a keen observer of his countrymen!

27-09-2016, 07:31 AM
Profile of the Republican voter.

[Image: tumblr_m83x5li6Qe1qzse0lo1_1280.jpg]

The blinders serve a dual purpose, keeps them from seeing much of what is going on around them with the bonus of having a cleaver to cut their nose off to spite their face.

This is funny to me in a perverted kind of way because if Trump wins and he implements his tax plans I pay less taxes. But since I actually care about the country I’d prefer to see Clinton win.

“I am quite sure now that often, very often, in matters concerning religion and politics a man’s reasoning powers are not above the monkey’s.”~Mark Twain
“Ocean: A body of water occupying about two-thirds of a world made for man - who has no gills.”~ Ambrose Bierce
[+] 5 users Like Full Circle's post
27-09-2016, 08:33 AM
Interesting to note that Trump admitted to paying no income tax (because it's "smart" and "it would be squandered" if he did).

It was painful to listen to.

After this, I'm swaying towards Trump.

Big Grin

[+] 3 users Like DLJ's post
27-09-2016, 08:40 AM
People want to know who won the debate, well, I didn`t watch it. So...I won.

. . . ................................ ......................................... . [Image: 2dsmnow.gif] Eat at Joe's
[+] 6 users Like Slowminded's post
27-09-2016, 08:56 AM
(27-09-2016 07:31 AM)Full Circle Wrote:  This is funny to me in a perverted kind of way because if Trump wins and he implements his tax plans I pay less taxes. But since I actually care about the country I’d prefer to see Clinton win.

Once, in Britland, they cut the funding of a much needed kids' charity by millions. Justification was they needed to cut Income tax.

I worked it out, they saved me the price of a small bar of chocolate each month. I would rather have had the charity than the chocolate.

[+] 5 users Like Gloucester's post
27-09-2016, 09:28 AM
(27-09-2016 02:34 AM)Lord Dark Helmet Wrote:  The pundits say Clinton won the debate. Internet polls have Trump as the winner.

I don't know what polls you're looking at, but a quick internet search on who won the debate brought up a list of links: A few link titles said Clinton won. Most didn't say. None said Trump won.

This article mentions 4 different polls, all saying Clinton won:
http://www.vox.com/2016/9/27/13069088/hi...ial-debate

Personally, I don't think the debate will have much impact on voting. Trump failed miserably IMO because he had far more factual errors and far less substance. He was incoherent and difficult to follow. Several times he even indirectly admitted Clinton was right when she called him out about something (not paying taxes, for example - not renting to black people, for another).

But, unfortunately, too many people in the general population don't know the facts either. Like when Trump said we don't have to defend Japan, but actually by treaty we do (Japan-U.S. Security Treaty). Clinton mentioned this later, but I don't know if a lot of people would have noticed. I think most people were looking to see that the person they were already leaning toward at least did ok and most people are going to think they did.

@DonaldTrump, Patriotism is not honoring your flag no matter what your country/leader does. It's doing whatever it takes to make your country the best it can be as long as its not violent.
[+] 1 user Likes Impulse's post
27-09-2016, 09:38 AM
I love internet polls, especially ones that don't require a log in.

I also do my very best to skew the results, because I can.

Laugh out load

But as if to knock me down, reality came around
And without so much as a mere touch, cut me into little pieces

[+] 2 users Like Momsurroundedbyboys's post