The debate

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
27-09-2016, 10:20 AM
RE: The debate
This just in, assholes on Reddit and 4chan have been manipulating the online polls: https://www.google.com/amp/s/dailydot.re...id-verizon

Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
[+] 1 user Likes GenesisNemesis's post
27-09-2016, 11:07 AM
(27-09-2016 10:20 AM)GenesisNemesis Wrote:  This just in, assholes on Reddit and 4chan have been manipulating the online polls: https://www.google.com/amp/s/dailydot.re...id-verizon

Well, that's to be expected.

[Image: dobie.png]Science is the process we've designed to be responsible for generating our best guess as to what the fuck is going on. Girly Man
[+] 1 user Likes Dom's post
27-09-2016, 12:38 PM
Jerry Springer's summary of the debate.
Quote:Hillary Clinton belongs in the White House. Donald Trump belongs on my show.
https://twitter.com/jerryspringer/status...6327208960

We have to remember that what we observe is not nature herself, but nature exposed to our method of questioning ~ Werner Heisenberg
[+] 10 users Like tomilay's post
27-09-2016, 01:36 PM
What I took away is that she is fully aware of his malignant narcissism. She kept baiting him - successfully getting him to get paranoid and defend himself - but not strongly enough for him to unravel.

I hope she succeeds next time, people will then see who he really is. If she pushes the correct button he will implode, and it sure looks like her advisors are fully aware. Just got to find the precise button....

One way or another, he is going to really, really hate her before this is over... Drinking Beverage

[Image: dobie.png]Science is the process we've designed to be responsible for generating our best guess as to what the fuck is going on. Girly Man
[+] 3 users Like Dom's post
27-09-2016, 02:01 PM
How many on this list are out of a job this morning? Because it couldn't possibly have been Trump's fault that it went badly for him. Oh no, especially when the microphone wasn't working either. Laugh out loadLaugh out loadLaugh out load
[+] 1 user Likes Airportkid's post
27-09-2016, 02:30 PM
I only watched some of the beginning, was Trump on coke last night?
[+] 3 users Like pablo's post
27-09-2016, 02:31 PM
(27-09-2016 02:30 PM)pablo Wrote:  I only watched some of the beginning, was Trump on coke last night?

He was paranoid...

[+] 1 user Likes Dom's post
27-09-2016, 02:32 PM
(27-09-2016 02:31 PM)Dom Wrote:  
(27-09-2016 02:30 PM)pablo Wrote:  I only watched some of the beginning, was Trump on coke last night?

He was paranoid...

Lotsa sniffing.
[+] 4 users Like pablo's post
27-09-2016, 03:03 PM
(27-09-2016 02:31 PM)Dom Wrote:  

He was paranoid...

I think he said the right things, oddly enough. He's stoked fear of Mexicans and Chinese and Muslims, he's spread distrust of Hillary. Saying things like "Oh, typical politician" implies that somehow he knows what workers need and want and she's out of touch with reality. It's important not to underestimate his knowledge of how to push buttons with his support base. They probably do genuinely believe that he was picked on, that it was an unfair debate and that she's going to steal the election. His lack of preparation and answers, we have seen in this very thread, diehard supporters find a way to spin that as positive.

Ol' Blue Collar Billionaire Trump Rolleyes

We'll love you just the way you are
If you're perfect -- Alanis Morissette
(06-02-2014 03:47 PM)Momsurroundedbyboys Wrote:  And I'm giving myself a conclusion again from all the facepalming.
[+] 2 users Like morondog's post
27-09-2016, 03:34 PM
(27-09-2016 03:03 PM)morondog Wrote:  
(27-09-2016 02:31 PM)Dom Wrote:  He was paranoid...

I think he said the right things, oddly enough. He's stoked fear of Mexicans and Chinese and Muslims, he's spread distrust of Hillary. Saying things like "Oh, typical politician" implies that somehow he knows what workers need and want and she's out of touch with reality. It's important not to underestimate his knowledge of how to push buttons with his support base. They probably do genuinely believe that he was picked on, that it was an unfair debate and that she's going to steal the election. His lack of preparation and answers, we have seen in this very thread, diehard supporters find a way to spin that as positive.

Ol' Blue Collar Billionaire Trump Rolleyes

The problem with this analysis is he doesn't need to speak to his supporters, he needs to speak to the undecideds, and he did, except what he said turned them off. He won over zero people who were middle of the road. He doesn't have enough of a base to win the election, he needs those suburban housewives, and he did nothing to cozy up to them, in fact he probably made a lot of them turn off the TV.

Check out my now-defunct atheism blog. It's just a blog, no ads, no revenue, no gods.
----
Atheism promotes critical thinking; theism promotes hypocritical thinking. -- Me
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
[+] 2 users Like WillHopp's post