The debate

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
27-09-2016, 03:42 PM
RE: The debate
(27-09-2016 02:32 PM)pablo Wrote:  Lotsa sniffing.

I'll give him the benefit of the doubt. Maybe it's just sinus pressure. It's about cold season, after all.

New headline: QUESTIONS ABOUT TRUMP'S HEALTH? IS HE DYING?
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
[+] 1 user Likes ViolexTV's post
27-09-2016, 05:19 PM
http://onsizzle.com/i/is-the-election-ov...er-2548506

Tongue

Insufferable know-it-all.Einstein God has a plan for us. Please stop screwing it up with your prayers.
[+] 3 users Like Bucky Ball's post
27-09-2016, 05:35 PM
Listening to NPR today, they noted that Donald Trump referred to her as Secretary Clinton - as per the pre debate agreement. Clinton on the other hand referred to him as Donald rather than the agreed to Mr. Trump.

I guess you can expect that kind of failure to abide by agreements from her..

If it was me I would have called her secretary cunt....

The difference between prayer and masturbation - is when a guy is through masturbating - he has something to show for his efforts.
[+] 1 user Likes onlinebiker's post
27-09-2016, 05:43 PM
(27-09-2016 05:35 PM)onlinebiker Wrote:  Listening to NPR today, they noted that Donald Trump referred to her as Secretary Clinton - as per the pre debate agreement. Clinton on the other hand referred to him as Donald rather than the agreed to Mr. Trump.

She is trying to get him to show his anger... Sounds like you would have obliged.

[Image: dobie.png]Science is the process we've designed to be responsible for generating our best guess as to what the fuck is going on. Girly Man
[+] 2 users Like Dom's post
27-09-2016, 05:48 PM
(27-09-2016 05:35 PM)onlinebiker Wrote:  Listening to NPR today, they noted that Donald Trump referred to her as Secretary Clinton - as per the pre debate agreement. Clinton on the other hand referred to him as Donald rather than the agreed to Mr. Trump.

Not at the end. He was calling her Hillary.

Insufferable know-it-all.Einstein God has a plan for us. Please stop screwing it up with your prayers.
[+] 1 user Likes Bucky Ball's post
27-09-2016, 06:47 PM
The "who won" debate is futile. Snap polls had Kerry trouncing Bush in the first debate in 04 but Bush won the election. Snap polls had Romney winning the first debate in 12 but Obama won the election. The only poll that matters is the one on November 8.

If I had to pick a winner, I'd pick him. Yes, he stuttered and stammered through most of it and generally came off like he didn't know what the fuck he was talking about. Except in the first 20 minutes when he talked about jobs. That was the only part of the night where he seemed focused and coherent. And, he hammered her and she didn't really have a good response. History says that is one of the few issues people really care about. And, I thought he won that point handily.

Otherwise, he's a buffoon and someone who can't bother to prepare statements on policy and just "speaks from the heart " is someone who will probably tank this country for decades. He really is unfit for the job. He's a joke. Sadly, she's a joke too, but a different joke.

Shackle their minds when they're bent on the cross
When ignorance reigns, life is lost
[+] 1 user Likes BnW's post
27-09-2016, 07:27 PM
(27-09-2016 05:43 PM)Dom Wrote:  

She is trying to get him to show his anger... Sounds like you would have obliged.

He'll get the term Mr attached to his name when he when he grows up a stops acting like a child till then he's Trump or Donald

[Image: giphy.gif]
[+] 2 users Like OrdoSkeptica's post
27-09-2016, 11:11 PM
(27-09-2016 03:34 PM)WillHopp Wrote:  
(27-09-2016 03:03 PM)morondog Wrote:  I think he said the right things, oddly enough. He's stoked fear of Mexicans and Chinese and Muslims, he's spread distrust of Hillary. Saying things like "Oh, typical politician" implies that somehow he knows what workers need and want and she's out of touch with reality. It's important not to underestimate his knowledge of how to push buttons with his support base. They probably do genuinely believe that he was picked on, that it was an unfair debate and that she's going to steal the election. His lack of preparation and answers, we have seen in this very thread, diehard supporters find a way to spin that as positive.

Ol' Blue Collar Billionaire Trump Rolleyes

The problem with this analysis is he doesn't need to speak to his supporters, he needs to speak to the undecideds, and he did, except what he said turned them off. He won over zero people who were middle of the road. He doesn't have enough of a base to win the election, he needs those suburban housewives, and he did nothing to cozy up to them, in fact he probably made a lot of them turn off the TV.

I wonder. I believe that like other sleazebag demagogues I have had the misfortune to observe, Trump has a natural ear for the mood of the crowd. You can get large mobs to make stupid decisions easily if you know the right words. I think too that there are large numbers susceptible to his message. "You are poor, dickless wonders, but I Donald Trump will solve all your problems. Problems which are not your fault but are the fault of a. Hillary Clinton b. Immigrants, Mexicans and Chinese c. America's cowardly foreign policy. Hillary Clinton and every other politician don't understand you, how could they? They are rich and evil. I do understand you. I built myself up from where you are."

It doesn't matter that his message is largely bullshit and factually incorrect, we know from religion that that's absolutely no barrier and can be an asset.

We'll love you just the way you are
If you're perfect -- Alanis Morissette
(06-02-2014 03:47 PM)Momsurroundedbyboys Wrote:  And I'm giving myself a conclusion again from all the facepalming.
[+] 8 users Like morondog's post
28-09-2016, 01:25 AM
(26-09-2016 05:53 PM)Dom Wrote:  So how much influence do you think today's debate is going to have on the actual election? It starts an hour from now...

Well the first debate was something Hillary JUST HAD TO WIN or she was going to be sacked. And fortunately she pulled it off.

And it looks like it will be the environment where she will flourish and Trump will struggle.

Trump made his way through the primaries with ease because most GOP and conservative voters have the psychological mindset of an arrogant 13 year old boy. So some thin skinned bully whose only apparent skill in life is baiting and trolling weaklings is going to appeal to them.

But in order to win the presidency, Trump now has to enter the national stage, attract a larger base than the white male vote and start acting presidential. And apparently that is something he does not do well.

Females, blacks, Latinos, gays and lesbians, centerists, and other minorities are pretty turned off by his sophomoric schtick and don't support the guy. Trump does however get a large portion of the electorate who likes him because he 'tells it like it is'. And that's actually a breath of fresh air compared to Hillary, who waits 7 seconds before formulating an answer pre determined by a think tank to be palatable with 71.2% of key demographics.

And Trump does make a lot of good points which I am glad a politician is saying. WE ARE 20 TRILLION IN DEBT! OUR NATIONAL INFRASTRUCTURE IS A MESS! WE DO MAKE BAD TRADE DEALS THAT HURT AMERICAN JOBS! Who gives a shit if he called Rosie O' Donnell a pig? So what? It's irrelevant. Government is a tough, boring job, and difficult decisions have to be made and you can't do that if we spend our time acting like a bunch of effeminate pussies and squeal with outrage every time someone says something offensive. Sometimes being offended is a good thing. Might give you a broader perspective and smash you out of your myopia. Rosie O'Donnell could get off her fat ass, stop eating Big Macs and walk a mile every day. Politicians could tell the special interests to fuck off and start writing laws which benefit the middle class. We could levy a tax which is used to revitalize our national infrastructure. We could end the stupid fucking drug war and reform Social Security. We could stand to clean house with our public schools, pay good teachers well and fire and replace the bad ones. We could shoot down a Russian Sukhoi harassing a US warship in international waters and tell the fucking Russians if they continue that kind of aggressive behavior they'll get more of the same. And the media can get off its lazy ass and start doing its job instead of covering bullshit like the puppy that found its way home or the soldier surprising his son on his return home, or Anthony Weiner's DikPikgate or that stupid fucking Spanish tomato fight (TY Bill Maher).

Now the problem with Trump is that (and the irony of this is delicious and I remember the Cheshire Cat grin on Hillary's face when Trump mentioned this) he just doesn't have the temperament to be President. That and the guy is an habitual, pathological liar who, as Hillary pointed out, lives in his own reality. I also think that the guy will attempt to financially bankrupt the United States and make sure he walks away from the smoking mess on top and leaves the rest of us to pick up the shattered pieces.

The smoke has just cleared from this debate leaving Hillary with a victory. That's good news for now, but she is going to have to keep up the momentum. She is going to have to make the case to the public that Trump is an unfit for this job as I described and that she can be more than just status quo of elected. If she can do this in the next two debates, the tide could shift and she could lose the election. It's still going to be close.

"IN THRUST WE TRUST"

"We were conservative Jews and that meant we obeyed God's Commandments until His rules became a royal pain in the ass."

- Joel Chastnoff, The 188th Crybaby Brigade
28-09-2016, 01:46 AM
(27-09-2016 11:11 PM)morondog Wrote:  I wonder. I believe that like other sleazebag demagogues I have had the misfortune to observe, Trump has a natural ear for the mood of the crowd. You can get large mobs to make stupid decisions easily if you know the right words. I think too that there are large numbers susceptible to his message. "You are poor, dickless wonders, but I Donald Trump will solve all your problems. Problems which are not your fault but are the fault of a. Hillary Clinton b. Immigrants, Mexicans and Chinese c. America's cowardly foreign policy. Hillary Clinton and every other politician don't understand you, how could they? They are rich and evil. I do understand you. I built myself up from where you are."

It doesn't matter that his message is largely bullshit and factually incorrect, we know from religion that that's absolutely no barrier and can be an asset.

morondog,

I think you've nailed it.

D.
[+] 1 user Likes Dworkin's post