The deck is stacked against us...

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
17-02-2015, 12:42 PM (This post was last modified: 17-02-2015 12:48 PM by ronb2c.)
The deck is stacked against us...
Upon examining the following passages, one must question whether God is fair. For God punishes us for having a sin nature when He’s the one who created us that way.
1. God creates man with a sin nature.
Psalm 51:5
New International Version (NIV)
Surely I was sinful at birth, sinful from the time my mother conceived me.

2. The Bible states that the penalty for having a sin nature is eternal damnation.

Romans 6:23

For the wages of sin is death, but the gift of God is eternal life in Christ Jesus our Lord.

3. Only the few, who have accepted Christ as their savior, will be spared punishment, while the majority of mankind's final destination will be Hell.

Matthew 7:13-15
13 “Enter through the narrow gate. For wide is the gate and broad is the road that leads to destruction, and many enter through it. 14 But small is the gate and narrow the road that leads to life, and only a few find it.
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
[+] 1 user Likes ronb2c's post
17-02-2015, 01:05 PM (This post was last modified: 17-02-2015 02:35 PM by goodwithoutgod.)
RE: The deck is stacked against us...
(17-02-2015 12:42 PM)ronb2c Wrote:  Upon examining the following passages, one must question whether God is fair. For God punishes us for having a sin nature when He’s the one who created us that way.

2. The Bible states that the penalty for having a sin nature is eternal damnation.

For the wages of sin is death, but the gift of God is eternal life in Christ Jesus our Lord.

3. Only the few, who have accepted Christ as their savior, will be spared punishment, while the majority of mankind's final destination will be Hell.

13 “Enter through the narrow gate. For wide is the gate and broad is the road that leads to destruction, and many enter through it. 14 But small is the gate and narrow the road that leads to life, and only a few find it.

The whole fairy tale is filled with disingenuous issues. This is afterall a tale about an invisible super genie floating in nothingness who decides to create 400+ billion planets (that is how many the Hubble telescope can see) until it got one juuuuust right, then gathered up a handful of dirt and blew into it, creating man!

Then he decided to sponsor one specific group.."the chosen ones" (who conveniently wrote the fictional book called the bible asserting this) in a remote armpit of middle east, and bestow his gift upon the uneducated goat herders who were busy slaughtering each other.....not the Egyptians who were powerful and advanced, not the Chinese who were way past these flea bitten turds of humanity...no, he hovered around the middle east...the butt crack of the world….or so the story goes.... Rolleyes

"Belief is so often the death of reason" - Qyburn, Game of Thrones

"The Christian community continues to exist because the conclusions of the critical study of the Bible are largely withheld from them." -Hans Conzelmann (1915-1989)
[+] 9 users Like goodwithoutgod's post
17-02-2015, 01:13 PM
Quote:the middle east...the butt crack of the world.
Laugh out load I like that. Laugh out load
[+] 2 users Like pablo's post
17-02-2015, 02:25 PM
The funny thing is that Christians don't realize how damaging it is to teach this stuff to our kids.... Can you imagine being 4 years old, you barely have a grasp on the English language, and your told that you are a sinner in the eyes of your lord and are bound for eternal damnation in a rotting fire pit, unless you unquestionably follow a damned book, and pray to a Sky Daddy?... and in the famous words of George Carlin "... But he loves you."
[+] 3 users Like ResistenceXD0001's post
17-02-2015, 02:35 PM
With the probability of going to hell so high according to the priests and their interpretation of the Bible, why even try to appease God since one will go to hell for the most minor of things that will piss him off? Let's face it, for all the things listed as sinful (coveting someone's property, eating seafood, sex), nobody has a fair shot at getting into heaven.
17-02-2015, 02:37 PM
(17-02-2015 02:25 PM)ResistenceXD0001 Wrote:  The funny thing is that Christians don't realize how damaging it is to teach this stuff to our kids.... Can you imagine being 4 years old, you barely have a grasp on the English language, and your told that you are a sinner in the eyes of your lord and are bound for eternal damnation in a rotting fire pit, unless you unquestionably follow a damned book, and pray to a Sky Daddy?... and in the famous words of George Carlin "... But he loves you."

pisses me off, child abuse it is...I remember that fear...the implanted fear that the world was going to end at any second and I better be right with jesus or I would spend eternity in hell....

"Belief is so often the death of reason" - Qyburn, Game of Thrones

"The Christian community continues to exist because the conclusions of the critical study of the Bible are largely withheld from them." -Hans Conzelmann (1915-1989)
[+] 3 users Like goodwithoutgod's post
17-02-2015, 02:43 PM
(17-02-2015 01:13 PM)pablo Wrote:  
Quote:the middle east...the butt crack of the world.
Laugh out load I like that. Laugh out load

If you ever want to give the world an enema, just shove a big tube into the Arabian Sea, connect it to a few trillion gallons of a saline laxative solution, and let it rip.

'Murican Canadian
17-02-2015, 03:56 PM
(17-02-2015 02:25 PM)ResistenceXD0001 Wrote:  The funny thing is that Christians don't realize how damaging it is to teach this stuff to our kids.... Can you imagine being 4 years old, you barely have a grasp on the English language, and your told that you are a sinner in the eyes of your lord and are bound for eternal damnation in a rotting fire pit, unless you unquestionably follow a damned book, and pray to a Sky Daddy?... and in the famous words of George Carlin "... But he loves you."

Hey now...I resemble this remark!! Big Grin Glad I'm stepping away slowly from it. haha.
18-02-2015, 09:07 AM
(17-02-2015 12:42 PM)ronb2c Wrote:  Upon examining the following passages, one must question whether God is fair. For God punishes us for having a sin nature when He’s the one who created us that way.

One must first question whether God exists. Drinking Beverage

Your post reads more like a post in a Bible study group.

Skepticism is not a position; it is an approach to claims.
Science is not a subject, but a method.
[Image: flagstiny%206.gif]
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
19-02-2015, 03:12 PM

Sin is imperfection. I don't know about you, but I was imperfect at birth, still am. Jesus was perfect at birth. And people don't go to Hell for being born (unless they're Roman Catholic :dodgySmile. They go to Hell for adult, full-blown pride.

Far be it from me to say you're going to Hell because you're a proud member of TTA. As a matter of fact, I think there are many deconverted people at TTA going straight to Heaven when they die. After all, they were born again. But pride is hardly a good thing.

And the first person to question God's rules and why God would judge or kill anyone was a prideful "snake".

I don't know how to say of this thread, "Sorry you hate reality and judgment so much but it's there" without sounding snippy or facetious... so I won't... Dodgy but so it is...

I'm told atheists on forums like TTA are bitter and angry. If you are not, your posts to me will be respectful, insightful and thoughtful. Prove me wrong by your adherence to decent behavior.
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user