The deck is stacked against us...

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
19-02-2015, 03:19 PM
RE: The deck is stacked against us...
(19-02-2015 03:12 PM)The Q Continuum Wrote:  
(17-02-2015 12:42 PM)ronb2c Wrote:  Upon examining the following passages, one must question whether God is fair. For God punishes us for having a sin nature when He’s the one who created us that way.
1. God creates man with a sin nature.
Psalm 51:5
New International Version (NIV)
Surely I was sinful at birth, sinful from the time my mother conceived me.

2. The Bible states that the penalty for having a sin nature is eternal damnation.

Romans 6:23

For the wages of sin is death, but the gift of God is eternal life in Christ Jesus our Lord.

3. Only the few, who have accepted Christ as their savior, will be spared punishment, while the majority of mankind's final destination will be Hell.

Matthew 7:13-15
13 “Enter through the narrow gate. For wide is the gate and broad is the road that leads to destruction, and many enter through it. 14 But small is the gate and narrow the road that leads to life, and only a few find it.

Sin is imperfection. I don't know about you, but I was imperfect at birth, still am. Jesus was perfect at birth. And people don't go to Hell for being born (unless they're Roman Catholic :dodgySmile. They go to Hell for adult, full-blown pride.

Far be it from me to say you're going to Hell because you're a proud member of TTA. As a matter of fact, I think there are many deconverted people at TTA going straight to Heaven when they die. After all, they were born again. But pride is hardly a good thing.

And the first person to question God's rules and why God would judge or kill anyone was a prideful "snake".

I don't know how to say of this thread, "Sorry you hate reality and judgment so much but it's there" without sounding snippy or facetious... so I won't... Dodgy but so it is...

So pride isn't sinful as long as it's only in gods pride? Not seeing many justified reasons to why thinking the prideful serpent is worse than the being that would be bothered or deem pride by other things imperfect... Simply because the god has more power isn't a rational means of deeming it a not worse entity.

"Allow there to be a spectrum in all that you see" - Neil Degrasse Tyson
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
19-02-2015, 03:45 PM
It a mistaken impression to say that Christ’s blood covers all our sin. As the passages below illustrate, this is not accurate.
On a personal note, at the age of 13, I mistakenly thought I had committed this sin. For me the effect was traumatizing.

Luke 12:10
And everyone who speaks a word against the Son of Man will be forgiven, but anyone who blasphemes against the Holy Spirit will not be forgiven.

Mark 3:29
but whoever blasphemes against the Holy Spirit will never be forgiven; they are guilty of an eternal sin."

Interesting how no one ever speaks of this.Facepalm
19-02-2015, 03:54 PM
(17-02-2015 02:25 PM)ResistenceXD0001 Wrote:  The funny thing is that Christians don't realize how damaging it is to teach this stuff to our kids.... Can you imagine being 4 years old, you barely have a grasp on the English language, and your told that you are a sinner in the eyes of your lord and are bound for eternal damnation in a rotting fire pit, unless you unquestionably follow a damned book, and pray to a Sky Daddy?... and in the famous words of George Carlin "... But he loves you."

This is probably why I'm a sufferer of anxiety attacks. Being told as a child that I was nothing more than a sinful creature that DESERVED suffering and hell just for being born has left a lasting impact on me. Not only that, but all the while I was told of hellfire and brimstone and crap like that, I wasn't aware of my own mortality, because I assumed that I would live forever after dying, or that god would heal me whenever I was sick or injured.

It was only until realizing that this IS the only life I have that I became well aware of my mortality, and as a result, coupled with the fear mongering I underwent as a child, I have been an anxious wreck ever since. It's freakin messed up.
19-02-2015, 04:15 PM (This post was last modified: 19-02-2015 04:20 PM by ronb2c.)
A case of entrapment.

So then, check this out...

Genesis 3:2-5
The woman said to the serpent, “We may eat fruit from the trees in the garden, 3 but God did say, ‘You must not eat fruit from the tree that is in the middle of the garden, and you must not touch it, or you will die.’”

4 “You will not certainly die,” the serpent said to the woman. 5 “For God knows that when you eat from it your eyes will be opened, and you will be like God, knowing good and evil.”

Eve's comment to the serpent indicates that she had no intentions of eating of the tree of life before her conversation with the serpent.
Isn't this what we refer to as entrapment?
19-02-2015, 04:20 PM
(17-02-2015 12:42 PM)ronb2c Wrote:  Upon examining the following passages, one must question whether God is fair. For God punishes us for having a sin nature when He’s the one who created us that way.

2. The Bible states that the penalty for having a sin nature is eternal damnation.

For the wages of sin is death, but the gift of God is eternal life in Christ Jesus our Lord.

3. Only the few, who have accepted Christ as their savior, will be spared punishment, while the majority of mankind's final destination will be Hell.

13 “Enter through the narrow gate. For wide is the gate and broad is the road that leads to destruction, and many enter through it. 14 But small is the gate and narrow the road that leads to life, and only a few find it.

Sin is imperfection. I don't know about you, but I was imperfect at birth, still am. Jesus was perfect at birth. And people don't go to Hell for being born (unless they're Roman Catholic :dodgySmile. They go to Hell for adult, full-blown pride.

Far be it from me to say you're going to Hell because you're a proud member of TTA. As a matter of fact, I think there are many deconverted people at TTA going straight to Heaven when they die. After all, they were born again. But pride is hardly a good thing.

And the first person to question God's rules and why God would judge or kill anyone was a prideful "snake".

I don't know how to say of this thread, "Sorry you hate reality and judgment so much but it's there" without sounding snippy or facetious... so I won't... Dodgy but so it is...

You sound deluded and demented, as well as prideful and judgmental.

Skepticism is not a position; it is an approach to claims.
Science is not a subject, but a method.
[Image: flagstiny%206.gif]
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
19-02-2015, 04:31 PM

I was perfect at birth. Still am. Smile
[+] 1 user Likes Drunkin Druid's post
23-02-2015, 01:59 PM
(19-02-2015 03:19 PM)ClydeLee Wrote:  
(19-02-2015 03:12 PM)The Q Continuum Wrote:  Sin is imperfection. I don't know about you, but I was imperfect at birth, still am. Jesus was perfect at birth. And people don't go to Hell for being born (unless they're Roman Catholic :dodgySmile. They go to Hell for adult, full-blown pride.

So pride isn't sinful as long as it's only in gods pride? Not seeing many justified reasons to why thinking the prideful serpent is worse than the being that would be bothered or deem pride by other things imperfect... Simply because the god has more power isn't a rational means of deeming it a not worse entity.

We can look at this considering what pride is and whether it is justified or unjustified pride. I don't think being proud to earn an A on a test you've studied hard for is sinful pride. It depends how far you take it.

I'm told atheists on forums like TTA are bitter and angry. If you are not, your posts to me will be respectful, insightful and thoughtful. Prove me wrong by your adherence to decent behavior.
23-02-2015, 02:00 PM
(19-02-2015 03:45 PM)ronb2c Wrote:  It a mistaken impression to say that Christ’s blood covers all our sin. As the passages below illustrate, this is not accurate.
On a personal note, at the age of 13, I mistakenly thought I had committed this sin. For me the effect was traumatizing.

Luke 12:10
And everyone who speaks a word against the Son of Man will be forgiven, but anyone who blasphemes against the Holy Spirit will not be forgiven.

Mark 3:29
but whoever blasphemes against the Holy Spirit will never be forgiven; they are guilty of an eternal sin."

Interesting how no one ever speaks of this.Facepalm

We discussed this on another thread. I understand this "sin" to be the equivalent of rejecting Jesus as Savior -- which makes it unique and unforgiveable in nature.

I'm told atheists on forums like TTA are bitter and angry. If you are not, your posts to me will be respectful, insightful and thoughtful. Prove me wrong by your adherence to decent behavior.