The delusion of self belief/positive affirmations.

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
23-08-2014, 05:30 AM
The delusion of self belief/positive affirmations.
"Be strong... in everything you do, everything you think... every single day, be strong"

If you had to say this around 500 times per day, to yourself in your head, for a week. What sort of effect do you think it would have on your life? Would it be a good thing or a bad thing?

If you don't like the suggestion and could do your own what would it be? Can you write it down here?

Would you do it? If not why not?

I feel so much, and yet I feel nothing.
I am a rock, I am the sky, the birds and the trees and everything beyond.
I am the wind, in the fields in which I roar. I am the water, in which I drown.
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
23-08-2014, 02:12 PM (This post was last modified: 23-08-2014 02:16 PM by bemore.)
RE: The delusion of self belief/positive affirmations.
I wrote the first post quite simplistically, to leave it open to interpretation to you the reader to consider what I have wrote, either thinking about it on some conscious level or openly dismissing it, for whatever reason.

Taking it a level deeper whilst it may seem quite obvious to think positively I very much doubt that any of the people on this forum, you the reader of these words do so 100% of the time. I think we all have internal dialogues with ourselves that shift and evolve over time and circumstance, that pretty much work in autopilot with variables of whats happening in our lives at this moment in time... maybe like the fact that right now you may have (consciously) forgotten you are breathing.

You can take this moment to consciously take control of your breathing if you like, take notice of how your body is positioned and you can relax, if you wish. You don't have to of course you can let everything I have said slip by the wayside, that how's powerful your conscious choice is.

Life throws repeatable patterns at us and we all cope with them in different ways, in the ways that we feel are most appropriate and within out comfort zones. Can you say that you are consciously in control of everything you do, that you push yourself in positive ways or are there some things you wish you were better at? Areas where you could do better if maybe you had the right encouragement and your own back?

Delusion of self belief. You have the choice at all times to think positively or negatively about situations, emotions, the past or the future or any aspect of your life. Have you considered this in aspects of your own life? Could you think differently?

So I repeat my set of questions from my first post now I have elaborated.

If you decided to implement a positive mantra, something that was intimate, unique and positively driven to yourself, imagining yourself saying this quietly to yourself all day through all situations... what sort of effect do you think that would have on your life?

If you have read to this point and think what I am saying is bullshit then please post and tell me why, if you think it would be too difficult or life is not that simple then please post and say why.

If it all sounds logical and make sense, then do you do this? If you do not do this then post why? Have you ever considered it? Would you try it?

I want to get a discussion going on how we can all improve areas of our lifes, however large or insignificant.....

I feel so much, and yet I feel nothing.
I am a rock, I am the sky, the birds and the trees and everything beyond.
I am the wind, in the fields in which I roar. I am the water, in which I drown.
[+] 1 user Likes bemore's post
23-08-2014, 02:58 PM (This post was last modified: 23-08-2014 03:16 PM by GirlyMan.)
RE: The delusion of self belief/positive affirmations.
(23-08-2014 05:30 AM)bemore Wrote:  "Be strong... in everything you do, everything you think... every single day, be strong"

Try to just give a shit and not be a dick ... in everything you do, everything you think ... every single moment, try your damndest to just give a shit and not be a dick.

(23-08-2014 02:12 PM)bemore Wrote:  Delusion of self ...

I approve. Thumbsup

#sigh
[+] 1 user Likes GirlyMan's post