The dentist

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
24-08-2014, 11:11 AM
The dentist
Why, oh why, do I have to go to the dentist?

But I have to, I have a splintered tooth and it's a pain!

But I am scared to go! Nothing on earth scares me like the dentist. It is a torture chamber.

But eating with that tooth is an art and if I fail to observe the issue - a huge pain.

But the dentist is an evil sadist with scary machinery that hurts!

But - the tooth is only going to get worse and eventually I have to go anyway.

But - eventually isn't right now and I am eating still.

But - if I make a mistake chewing I may end up with a much bigger pain!

But... BUT..... BUT...

[Image: dobie.png]Science is the process we've designed to be responsible for generating our best guess as to what the fuck is going on. Girly Man
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
[+] 2 users Like Dom's post
24-08-2014, 11:26 AM
RE: The dentist
But a Valium and a good dose of nitrous oxide will help make it all go smoothly.

Good dentists don't mind giving us nervous ones the good drugs to get thru difficult times.

"Life is a daring adventure or it is nothing"--Helen Keller
[+] 3 users Like Bows and Arrows's post
24-08-2014, 11:28 AM
I've had to visit the dentist so many times and even though it's not always so unpleasant, I keep putting it off until the pain is unbearable.

I feel like crying at the mere thought of one more visit Sadcryface

"Behind every great pirate, there is a great butt."
-Guybrush Threepwood-
24-08-2014, 11:29 AM
The dentist scares me, too. An intraosseous block is usually required for me to get numb.
Request sedation if it causes you this much anxiety. My dentist has a chair with a back massager and a TV that helps distract me.

Don't procrastinate this - there is a link between endocarditis and dental infections.

You can do this! Hug

"If there's a single thing that life teaches us, it's that wishing doesn't make it so." - Lev Grossman
24-08-2014, 11:39 AM
Huh.....I actually have pretty good dentists. Not traumatic experiences at all.

Sorry to hear about how awful it is for you. Hug

[Image: giphy.gif]
24-08-2014, 11:41 AM
I remember one time I went to the dentist when I was younger was on the exact same day the Northeast blackout of 2003 happened. Dentist's are no fun but imagine coming home with a numb mouth and no power for at least a day or two. Undecided Anyways stalling it will just make it worse and make the dentist visit even scarier in the future so just go and get it ovr with and get some ice cream when you are done Thumbsup

"If you keep trying to better yourself that's enough for me. We don't decide which hand we are dealt in life, but we make the decision to play it or fold it" - Nishi Karano Kaze
24-08-2014, 12:19 PM
(24-08-2014 11:39 AM)Tartarus Sauce Wrote:  Huh.....I actually have pretty good dentists. Not traumatic experiences at all.

EVERY time I have gone to the dentist they only partially numbed me. I got injections and they didn't work. It hurts like a bastard all of a sudden, starts out ok and then it changes in a jiffy.

Me no like heavy pain!

[Image: dobie.png]Science is the process we've designed to be responsible for generating our best guess as to what the fuck is going on. Girly Man
24-08-2014, 12:24 PM
I have to go back to the oral surgeon in a couple weeks for a check on all the work he did earlier this summer. Then it's off to my regular dentist for exam and cleaning and for him to tell me how much more money I need to spend.

My usually low BP is going up just thinking about it - and it's only exams - dentists scare the bejebus out of me.

See here they are the bruises some were self-inflicted and some showed up along the way. - JF
24-08-2014, 12:39 PM
I've never even set foot in a dentist.

[img]

via GIPHY

[/img]
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
24-08-2014, 02:30 PM
(24-08-2014 12:19 PM)Dom Wrote:  
(24-08-2014 11:39 AM)Tartarus Sauce Wrote:  Huh.....I actually have pretty good dentists. Not traumatic experiences at all.

EVERY time I have gone to the dentist they only partially numbed me. I got injections and they didn't work. It hurts like a bastard all of a sudden, starts out ok and then it changes in a jiffy.

Me no like heavy pain!

I have a dental appointment tomorrow myself. I have a tooth that is hurting and this could be the end for this particular molar. It's a wisdom tooth that took the place of the tooth in front of it which was removed many years a go when I was in college and didn't take care of my teeth. I'll be so bummed out if this tooth has to be removed. I may consider a dental implant because I don't want my teeth to get all wonky which sometimes happens when a tooth is removed.

Ohhhh Dom, I feel your pain.

My grandfather was a dentist but had been retired for many years by the time I was born but he still did dental work for the immediate family and used his garage as a dental office. Now get this. Because he had been retired for many years he wasn't able to get novacane for the pain. He just drilled! OMG!!!!!!!!! Shocking And the drill was slow because his machine was kinda old! Gasp Holy shit! Hobo

Except for childbirth my grandfather drilling on my teeth is the most pain I've ever experienced.

Um.......... good luck Dom. Wish me luck too. Confused

Shakespeare's Comedy of Errors.... on Donald J. Trump:

He is deformed, crooked, old, and sere,
Ill-fac’d, worse bodied, shapeless every where;
Vicious, ungentle, foolish, blunt, unkind,
Stigmatical in making, worse in mind.
[+] 1 user Likes dancefortwo's post