The dentist

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
24-08-2014, 04:04 PM
RE: The dentist
(24-08-2014 02:30 PM)dancefortwo Wrote:  
(24-08-2014 12:19 PM)Dom Wrote:  EVERY time I have gone to the dentist they only partially numbed me. I got injections and they didn't work. It hurts like a bastard all of a sudden, starts out ok and then it changes in a jiffy.

Me no like heavy pain!

I have a dental appointment tomorrow myself. I have a tooth that is hurting and this could be the end for this particular molar. It's a wisdom tooth that took the place of the tooth in front of it which was removed many years a go when I was in college and didn't take care of my teeth. I'll be so bummed out if this tooth has to be removed. I may consider a dental implant because I don't want my teeth to get all wonky which sometimes happens when a tooth is removed.

Ohhhh Dom, I feel your pain.

My grandfather was a dentist but had been retired for many years by the time I was born but he still did dental work for the immediate family and used his garage as a dental office. Now get this. Because he had been retired for many years he wasn't able to get novacane for the pain. He just drilled! OMG!!!!!!!!! Shocking And the drill was slow because his machine was kinda old! Gasp Holy shit! Hobo

Except for childbirth my grandfather drilling on my teeth is the most pain I've ever experienced.

Um.......... good luck Dom. Wish me luck too. Confused

I wish you the best of luck. !!! I have yet to make an appointment.

[Image: dobie.png]Science is the process we've designed to be responsible for generating our best guess as to what the fuck is going on. Girly Man
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
24-08-2014, 04:10 PM
I'm a nervous wreck at the dentist. Carelessness has resulted in my many cavity removals and root canals. Plus my experience with having my wisdom teeth removed... How I actually have semi-nice teeth is beyond me.

Laughing gas is calming and makes the process much easier to deal with, except for the numbing shots they poke into your gums. Those are pretty awful.
24-08-2014, 04:13 PM
I've heard there are some practices dedicated to helping folks who are scared or nervous about going to the dentist. They really focus on putting patients at ease, and making things as painless and as stress free as possible. Dom, I'd try finding one of those in your area. Good luck Hug you definitely gotta go.

I hope that the world turns, and things get better. But what I hope most of all is that you understand what I mean when I tell you that, even though I do not know you, and even though I may never meet you, laugh with you, cry with you, or kiss you, I love you. With all my heart, I love you. - V for Vendetta
[+] 1 user Likes Smercury44's post
24-08-2014, 05:28 PM
(24-08-2014 04:13 PM)Smercury44 Wrote:  I've heard there are some practices dedicated to helping folks who are scared or nervous about going to the dentist. They really focus on putting patients at ease, and making things as painless and as stress free as possible. Dom, I'd try finding one of those in your area. Good luck Hug you definitely gotta go.

Well, I have to go to Delta dental because that is the only one my insurance will pay. Only one choice in decent driving distance.

[Image: dobie.png]Science is the process we've designed to be responsible for generating our best guess as to what the fuck is going on. Girly Man
24-08-2014, 05:56 PM
(24-08-2014 11:11 AM)Dom Wrote:  Why, oh why, do I have to go to the dentist?

But I have to, I have a splintered tooth and it's a pain!

But I am scared to go! Nothing on earth scares me like the dentist. It is a torture chamber.

But eating with that tooth is an art and if I fail to observe the issue - a huge pain.

But the dentist is an evil sadist with scary machinery that hurts!

But - the tooth is only going to get worse and eventually I have to go anyway.

But - eventually isn't right now and I am eating still.

But - if I make a mistake chewing I may end up with a much bigger pain!

But... BUT..... BUT...

It seems you need a new dentist. I still tremble in fear when I sit in that chair because of childhood dental abuse,
but my current dentist has never caused me pain beyond mild discomfort.

Skepticism is not a position; it is an approach to claims.
Science is not a subject, but a method.
[Image: flagstiny%206.gif]
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
[+] 1 user Likes Chas's post
24-08-2014, 07:12 PM
(24-08-2014 05:56 PM)Chas Wrote:  
(24-08-2014 11:11 AM)Dom Wrote:  Why, oh why, do I have to go to the dentist?

But I have to, I have a splintered tooth and it's a pain!

But I am scared to go! Nothing on earth scares me like the dentist. It is a torture chamber.

But eating with that tooth is an art and if I fail to observe the issue - a huge pain.

But the dentist is an evil sadist with scary machinery that hurts!

But - the tooth is only going to get worse and eventually I have to go anyway.

But - eventually isn't right now and I am eating still.

But - if I make a mistake chewing I may end up with a much bigger pain!

But... BUT..... BUT...

It seems you need a new dentist. I still tremble in fear when I sit in that chair because of childhood dental abuse,
but my current dentist has never caused me pain beyond mild discomfort.

It will be a new dentist. And, yes, childhood dental abuse is at the root of it.

24-08-2014, 09:07 PM
Quote:Why, oh why, do I have to go to the dentist?

Because you have a splintered tooth and it's a pain.

[Image: oscar.png]
24-08-2014, 09:27 PM
(24-08-2014 04:13 PM)Smercury44 Wrote:  I've heard there are some practices dedicated to helping folks who are scared or nervous about going to the dentist. They really focus on putting patients at ease, and making things as painless and as stress free as possible. Dom, I'd try finding one of those in your area. Good luck Hug you definitely gotta go.

Yeah, these are the types of dentist's I've seen for years now.

[Image: giphy.gif]