The departure of our dear friend Parture

Thread Rating:
  • 1 Votes - 5 Average
21-06-2011, 11:11 PM
The departure of our dear friend Parture
Well, I've finally gone and done it. I have, for the first time ever, banned someone.
I made the decision to ban this guy. It's not because of his beliefs. It is because of the blatant hate he has spewed. I know for a fact that some of the members here were outright upset by some of the things he said. I have recieved several PMs requesting he be removed. So that's that.

It is the dawning of a dark age here at The Thinking Atheist my friends. An age where your every word is scrutinized by teenage moderators who are convinced every second sentence is a "flame" or an "attack". An age where censorship for the smallest of deviations from popular opinion are commonplace. Where an angry, bitter Administrator rules the forum with an iron fist, never hesitating to suspend or even ban members who dare to lead discussion on an unapproved, unpopular topic. Yes, now that a person has finally been banned, things are going to change on this forum. TTA as you know it is gone. Gone forever.

......then again, maybe the guy was just a big enough asshole to get his ass booted from a site that doesn't believe in moderating. Now THAT'S an acomplishment......

as you were,

But seriously, if you have a problem with this, state your case here, or PM me if you prefer...just remember, I'm keeping a list with suspected rotten apples. Do you really want to be on it? MUWAHAHAHA!!!!!

So many cats, so few good recipes.
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
[+] 5 users Like Stark Raving's post
21-06-2011, 11:20 PM (This post was last modified: 21-06-2011 11:25 PM by MasterRottweiler.)
RE: The departure of our dear friend Parture
Hahaha! Well done Stark, I was growing tired of trying to "debate" with that batshit crazy dumbfuck, not because of his beliefs, he was annoying.

Even if he was not a troll, I still find hard to believe that there are people like him around the world. If he was a troll I think he is the most annoying one I have ever seen here since I became member of this forum.

EDIT: I think we will see him again, I bet he will post random rants like our good old friend D.M. Tongue

"The tendency to turn human judgments into divine commands makes religion one of the most dangerous forces in the world.”
-Georgia Harkness.

"La fe es patrimonio de los pendejos. (Faith is patrimony of the dumbfucks)."
-Diego Rivera
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
21-06-2011, 11:34 PM
A first time for everything. Can't say that I think you were out of line or anything.

I don't believe Jesus is the son of God until I see the long form birth certificate!
21-06-2011, 11:43 PM
(21-06-2011 11:11 PM)Stark Raving Wrote:  It is the dawning of a dark age here at The Thinking Atheist my friends. An age where your every word is scrutinized by teenage moderators who are convinced every second sentence is a "flame" or an "attack". An age where censorship for the smallest of deviations from popular opinion are commonplace. Where an angry, bitter Administrator rules the forum with an iron fist, never hesitating to suspend or even ban members who dare to lead discussion on an unapproved, unpopular topic. Yes, now that a person has finally been banned, things are going to change on this forum. TTA as you know it is gone. Gone forever.

That is one of the darkest speeches I've heard on this forum! The bit about the teenage moderators... lol

but.. I'm not a teenager Sad

Stop attacking meee!! Sad T.T

“Forget Jesus, the stars died so you could be born.” - Lawrence M. Krauss
21-06-2011, 11:54 PM
It was fun for a while. But the idiot kept using the exact same arguments over and over. I wonder if he'll create another account to keep trying to convert people or move on.

The God excuse: the last refuge of a man with no answers and no argument. "God did it." Anything we can't describe must have come from God. - George Carlin

Whenever I'm asked "What if you're wrong?", I always show the asker this video: http://youtu.be/iClejS8vWjo Screw Pascal's wager.
22-06-2011, 12:06 AM
Maybe we should have a new rule where if you accumulate -25 Reps, you will be banned. That many negatives indicates a disturbance in the forum. We generally don't -1 people for just arguing theist beliefs, and the Trolliest of Trolls are the only ones nearing the -25 mark anyways. If users realize that a -25 will get someone banned, I'm assuming they won't give negative reps flippantly, but rather only if the user has become a serious problem.

P.S. And don't delete the threads if you're thinking about it, a lot of actual informative things were said by people who aren't here to repeat 3 lines until their those letters on their keyboard are faded away.

"Ain't got no last words to say, yellow streak right up my spine. The gun in my mouth was real and the taste blew my mind."

"We see you cry. We turn your head. Then we slap your face. We see you try. We see you fail. Some things never change."
[+] 3 users Like Buddy Christ's post
22-06-2011, 12:16 AM
Nah, the threads will be kept. If a user like that is banned it will only be to stop the obnoxious behaviour. Wouldn't want to remove other peoples posts, with the though and effort people put into them.

I don't want to implement any kind of auto-ban system based on rep. The furthest i'd go down that road is limiting accounts once they get to -15 or so.. I haven't implemented anything like that yet.

22-06-2011, 12:23 AM
(22-06-2011 12:16 AM)DeepThought Wrote:  I don't want to implement any kind of auto-ban system based on rep. The furthest i'd go down that road is limiting accounts once they get to -15 or so.. I haven't implemented anything like that yet.

Perhaps limit accounts with such negative rep from repping other users negatively. There's a certain user with a high amount of negative rep who retaliates against users repping him negatively by doing the same thing to them, even though he deserved the negative rep and they didn't.

The God excuse: the last refuge of a man with no answers and no argument. "God did it." Anything we can't describe must have come from God. - George Carlin

Whenever I'm asked "What if you're wrong?", I always show the asker this video: http://youtu.be/iClejS8vWjo Screw Pascal's wager.
22-06-2011, 12:32 AM
(22-06-2011 12:23 AM)Efrx86 Wrote:  
(22-06-2011 12:16 AM)DeepThought Wrote:  I don't want to implement any kind of auto-ban system based on rep. The furthest i'd go down that road is limiting accounts once they get to -15 or so.. I haven't implemented anything like that yet.

Perhaps limit accounts with such negative rep from repping other users negatively. There's a certain user with a high amount of negative rep who retaliates against users repping him negatively by doing the same thing to them, even though he deserved the negative rep and they didn't.

Does this user advocate the destruction of intercoupled rail cars?

A person of the "crashed alternate mode of transportation" variety?

Someone who would file "above ground subway accident" under an unnecessarily complex categorization system?

"Ain't got no last words to say, yellow streak right up my spine. The gun in my mouth was real and the taste blew my mind."

"We see you cry. We turn your head. Then we slap your face. We see you try. We see you fail. Some things never change."
22-06-2011, 12:32 AM
Yeah, It's a matter of working out the details. I would stop those users from using the rep system. I was thinking about limiting the number of posts/threads these users can generate in one day to something much lower.. maybe 2 posts and 1 thread/day with a time limit on editing posts of 30min.

It's only in the discussion stage at the moment, it's not certain if that policy will be implemented. Part of the system will only allow people to rate someone once. That makes it a bit more fair and democratic.

You are able to remove rep that you give someone.