The departure of our dear friend Parture

Thread Rating:
  • 1 Votes - 5 Average
22-06-2011, 08:05 AM
RE: The departure of our dear friend Parture
In the four fold proof thread one of the commenters posted a link to a carm article about him. He like to make lots of multiple accounts. We'd better be prepared.

"Do what though wilt shall be the whole of the Law." - The Book of the Law
"There is no God but man" - Liber OZ

Light and Nature

Tweet!
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
22-06-2011, 08:25 AM
(22-06-2011 05:05 AM)hughsie Wrote:  My only concern is that if he is banned indefinitely then he's gonna be on every Christian forum in existence telling people that he was banned just for being a Christian and putting evidence to us that we couldn't explain and so we banned him out of spite. This could have a knock on effect of reasonable theists, who are actually open to debate, steering clear of us for fear of being instantly banned.

I doubt it, his fundamentalist version of christianity is very skewered even by most christians' standards. I doubt he goes to Christian forums other than his own without thinking that 99% of the people there will definitely go to hell.

The God excuse: the last refuge of a man with no answers and no argument. "God did it." Anything we can't describe must have come from God. - George Carlin

Whenever I'm asked "What if you're wrong?", I always show the asker this video: http://youtu.be/iClejS8vWjo Screw Pascal's wager.
Find all posts by this user
22-06-2011, 08:50 AM
Ban them all.. let God sort them out!!!

“We're born alone, we live alone, we die alone. Only through our love and friendship can we create the illusion for the moment that we're not alone.” Orson Welles
22-06-2011, 10:26 AM
I'm relieved to see that most of you agree with my decision. I was very worried that it would give the impression that theists who genuinely want to have a discussion are not welcome, which is not the case at all.

So many cats, so few good recipes.
22-06-2011, 10:38 AM
(22-06-2011 08:50 AM)myst32 Wrote:  Ban them all.. let God sort them out!!!
You on Robertus_'s tweet?

Observer

Agnostic atheist
Secular humanist
Emotional rationalist
Disclaimer: Don’t mix the personal opinion above with the absolute and objective truth. Remember to think for yourself. Thank you.
22-06-2011, 10:42 AM

Should we start posting links to this forum on other forums to encourage some more theists to come over and have a pop?
Quote this message in a reply
22-06-2011, 10:44 AM
(22-06-2011 10:42 AM)TAJD Wrote:  Should we start posting links to this forum on other forums to encourage some more theists to come over and have a pop?

You are welcome to post links to the forum, just try to be respectful of the rules where you post. Some places don't like it when you link to a different forum, so keep that in mind.

So many cats, so few good recipes.
22-06-2011, 10:57 AM

No worries, this was a good call. I'm all for spirited debate. What we had with this guy wasn't debate, it was blind proselytizing... over and over and over and over. It'd be like trying to have a debate with someone about the color of the sky, only he insisted it was plaid and never provided any form of evidence to back up his claim. He talked in circles, interpreted scripture to suit his own biases, and insisted he was right regardless of counterarguments.

I won't miss him, though I feel sorry for him. If he genuinely believes the insanity he was spewing, he deserves our sympathy. Living in fear like that must be terrible. If he doesn't believe all that and was just trolling us, I feel sorry for him because that's hardly the sign of a properly socialized person whom other people would enjoy being around.
Quote this message in a reply
[+] 3 users Like Dave from PA's post
22-06-2011, 12:05 PM
I stopped debating him a few days ago because he blindly ignored evidence, quote mined at will, threatened us and acted as an arrogant pain in the ass. He drove me to the point that I was disgusted with the forum for a few days. I'm in my pessimistic, misanthropic period now; I have these now and then.

Parture didn't lose his free speech, he just lost his membership of a community. His hate speech was becoming a nuisance and he didn't add anything to the debates. He's still free to browse the forums and put "the rapture is near" signs in his back yard. He's got the right to make a website to make us look bad. He can even recycle his posts and show everyone how mean we were to him (sic).

Everyone can read why you banned him and everyone can consult his posts. I doubt anyone would call you a fascist for what you did. I'm sure you'll admit him back if he asks real nice, apoligizes to everyonne, answers all relevant questions and submits the evidence. But I'm quite sure he won't, because he can't...

"Infinitus est numerus stultorum." (The number of fools is infinite)
22-06-2011, 12:31 PM
(22-06-2011 10:38 AM)The_observer Wrote:  
(22-06-2011 08:50 AM)myst32 Wrote:  Ban them all.. let God sort them out!!!
You on Robertus_'s tweet?

No, on Twitter? Did someone already make that jab? hehehe

myst

“We're born alone, we live alone, we die alone. Only through our love and friendship can we create the illusion for the moment that we're not alone.” Orson Welles