The difference between Atheism and Realism is that Atheism is about what isn't real.

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
02-11-2014, 07:13 AM
RE: The difference between Atheism and Realism is that Atheism is about what isn't real.
Original post could've been summed up in two short paragraphs.
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
02-11-2014, 08:46 AM
RE: The difference between Atheism and Realism is that Atheism is about what isn't real.
(02-11-2014 02:29 AM)Reality-Seeker Wrote:  More from the website. Critique at will. I'm enjoying the well thought out replys. "The Church of Reality is an Inclusive Religion. Everyone is welcome. In our religion everyone has equal rights no matter what race your are, what gender you are, what your sexual preferences are, or the geography of where you were born. We don't demonize others. Our view is that people are basically good and we believe in Original Virtue rather than original sin. We see ourselves as one people, one planet. We are environmentalists. We believe in personal choice and personal responsibility. We admire attributes like Curiosity. We are a people who want to know everything. We want to understand it all. We have a quest for knowledge. And not just any knowledge but about reality as it really is.

We don't know if there is some sort of grand purpose in our existence. We don't know if reality has a purpose. But it is what we don't know that makes us want to know. We are different from other religions in that it is OK for us to not know everything. We are a Humble culture because we understand that this planet is but a speck of dust in the universe. We are not a religion that has all the answers. We don't have a supernatural leader who has all the answers. We don't have an afterlife to offer people in exchange for their loyalty. Nor do we have any deities to fall back on in troubled times. We have to do the hard work for ourselves. We have to figure it out on our own. We have to make it happen. "

http://science.nasa.gov/astrophysics/foc...rk-energy/
So. You have a religion about 5 % of the universe.
Isn't that special.

Insufferable know-it-all.Einstein God has a plan for us. Please stop screwing it up with your prayers.
02-11-2014, 09:34 AM
The difference between Atheism and Realism is that Atheism is about what isn't real.
(02-11-2014 02:40 AM)Reality-Seeker Wrote:  
(01-11-2014 09:53 PM)pablo Wrote:  Calling it a church sounds kinda cultish to me.
What the Church of Reality is Not

Not Morally Superior - We don't look down our noses at the rest of the world. This planet is but a speck of dust in a galaxy of billions of stars in a universe of billions of galaxies. We exist for an instant of time. How important can we be? We are not morally superior to you, and you are not morally superior to us.

Except the first post was almost entirely about Realists looking down their noses at Atheists. Dodgy

Oh well...I suppose it wouldn't be a religion without internal contradictions.

"I feel as though the camera is almost a kind of voyeur in Mr. Beans life, and you just watch this bizarre man going about his life in the way that he wants to."

-Rowan Atkinson
[+] 2 users Like Can_of_Beans's post
02-11-2014, 09:36 AM
All I'm hearing from reality-seeker is some guy in a van with candy saying "Hey I'm just like you. Want some candy ?"

Insanity - doing the same thing over and over again and expecting different results
[+] 2 users Like Rahn127's post
02-11-2014, 09:38 AM
(02-11-2014 09:34 AM)Can_of_Beans Wrote:  
(02-11-2014 02:40 AM)Reality-Seeker Wrote:  What the Church of Reality is Not

Not Morally Superior - We don't look down our noses at the rest of the world. This planet is but a speck of dust in a galaxy of billions of stars in a universe of billions of galaxies. We exist for an instant of time. How important can we be? We are not morally superior to you, and you are not morally superior to us.

Except the first post was almost entirely about Realists looking down their noses at Atheists. Dodgy

Oh well...I suppose it wouldn't be a religion without internal contradictions.

And one more thing. I thought the church was about "what is" rather than "what is not."

Yet here we have an entire post on what the church is not. Facepalm

"I feel as though the camera is almost a kind of voyeur in Mr. Beans life, and you just watch this bizarre man going about his life in the way that he wants to."

-Rowan Atkinson
[+] 3 users Like Can_of_Beans's post
02-11-2014, 09:43 AM
OP:

TFL; DFR

Rolleyes

We'll love you just the way you are
If you're perfect -- Alanis Morissette
(06-02-2014 03:47 PM)Momsurroundedbyboys Wrote:  And I'm giving myself a conclusion again from all the facepalming.
[+] 1 user Likes morondog's post
02-11-2014, 09:50 AM
RE: The difference Realism is that Atheism is about what isn't real.
I don't think reality seeker is coming back. Thumbsup
02-11-2014, 09:54 AM
(02-11-2014 09:50 AM)pablo Wrote:  I don't think reality seeker is coming back. Thumbsup

[Image: Grumpy_Cat-Good.jpg]

Skepticism is not a position; it is an approach to claims.
Science is not a subject, but a method.
[Image: flagstiny%206.gif]
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
[+] 3 users Like Chas's post
02-11-2014, 10:07 AM
This is all I see when someone pasts a giant wall of copy pasta instead of presenting their own argument:

Bacon ipsum dolor amet bacon shankle jowl doner tenderloin shoulder short loin t-bone chicken meatball, salami beef ribs drumstick pork. Biltong filet mignon ribeye, turducken ham hock venison boudin spare ribs chicken short loin flank. Leberkas tenderloin flank frankfurter, brisket ball tip sirloin doner swine. Beef pork chop kevin t-bone leberkas capicola boudin swine brisket pork chuck turkey pancetta.

Ham frankfurter swine meatloaf. Bacon capicola porchetta tri-tip hamburger. Bresaola pork loin salami, shankle frankfurter doner short ribs ribeye. Ground round andouille ball tip pork belly strip steak. Pork belly ground round jerky capicola frankfurter, tri-tip porchetta cow shank strip steak pork fatback hamburger.

Shank shoulder pancetta, rump corned beef andouille flank pork loin swine doner turkey prosciutto. Pancetta filet mignon bresaola drumstick andouille chuck landjaeger cow venison ham hock tail frankfurter swine shoulder pork chop. Chuck meatloaf sausage pork chop, beef ribs tongue ham hock ribeye fatback sirloin jowl pork belly. Bacon pork chop frankfurter, turducken swine pig beef.

Filet mignon jowl brisket rump bacon biltong pig. Rump doner drumstick pig, turkey ribeye hamburger. Ham hock strip steak beef, swine pork chop pork corned beef hamburger. Pig ground round jowl pork loin tri-tip short loin. Short ribs flank salami spare ribs tri-tip kielbasa frankfurter tenderloin meatball capicola meatloaf sausage pastrami. Swine pancetta chicken pork belly kielbasa beef ribeye, biltong prosciutto turducken shankle short ribs ground round pig. Drumstick ham salami spare ribs flank venison ball tip tail boudin leberkas chicken sausage shoulder frankfurter turducken.

Bresaola frankfurter kielbasa pig, shankle pork chop jerky short loin turducken boudin pork ribeye salami t-bone. Brisket pork chop fatback, pork belly t-bone beef strip steak tongue boudin shankle ribeye. Ham frankfurter kevin, jowl beef ribs landjaeger filet mignon shoulder tenderloin doner hamburger tongue. Sirloin tail meatloaf, kevin pork belly tri-tip bacon ground round shankle flank. Shoulder tenderloin pork chop, pastrami leberkas hamburger ham hock brisket prosciutto pancetta kevin ham pig bresaola pork. Pastrami landjaeger turducken boudin ribeye drumstick fatback meatloaf flank kevin andouille.

Official ordained minister of the Church of the Flying Spaghetti Monster. Please pm me with prayer requests to his noodly goodness. Remember, he boiled for your sins and loves you. Carbo Diem! RAmen.
[+] 7 users Like Logisch's post
02-11-2014, 10:12 AM
And now for some mysterious reason I find myself craving cured pork products...

-Rowan Atkinson
[+] 3 users Like Can_of_Beans's post