The digital Dead Sea Scrolls

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
27-09-2011, 02:43 AM
The digital Dead Sea Scrolls
For your enjoyment: the dead sea scrolls online (all in high definition)

There is some information, not the complete texts. If you like some extra literature about it, I recommend 'The Dead Sea Scrolls Deception' by Michael Baigent & Richard Leigh.

"Infinitus est numerus stultorum." (The number of fools is infinite)
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
[+] 1 user Likes Thammuz's post
27-09-2011, 12:58 PM
RE: The digital Dead Sea Scrolls
(27-09-2011 02:43 AM)Thammuz Wrote:  For your enjoyment: the dead sea scrolls online (all in high definition)

There is some information, not the complete texts. If you like some extra literature about it, I recommend 'The Dead Sea Scrolls Deception' by Michael Baigent & Richard Leigh.

As a history nut and training historian I find this to be absolutely fascinating. Great post!

[Image: 81564_gal-1.jpg]
29-09-2011, 03:38 AM
Glad to see the word of God being spread around.
29-09-2011, 08:21 AM
Quote:Glad to see the word of God being spread around.

On the contrary. The information in the scrolls reveals more inconsistencies with other scriptures. That's why they were kept hidden during translations for a long time. same goes for alot of documents hidden deeply in the Vatican's vaults.

Nevertheless, they are of great value in the scientific search of finding out the truth behind Jesus and the occurences in his time. Remember, we atheists don't want to hide/erase/deny Jesus and "holy" scriptures, we just don't believe what it says and wonder how these documents came into being. Using scientific methods and logic, everyone should come to that same conclusion.

I love theology as an atheist, as it's a fascinating subject on different levels: sociology, psychology, neurscience and politics being my favourites. But in the end, it's still a fairy tale unless I see some REAL proof.

[+] 1 user Likes Thammuz's post
29-09-2011, 11:11 AM
(29-09-2011 03:38 AM)JesusLovesYou69 Wrote:  Glad to see the word of God being spread around.

The study of theology is the study of history. It is a very important aspect of human history, integral to the understanding of many incidents in history. It's the exact same as studying Greek Mythology, Mythraism, etc.

[Image: 81564_gal-1.jpg]
29-09-2011, 07:22 PM
(29-09-2011 03:38 AM)JesusLovesYou69 Wrote:  Glad to see the word of God being spread around.

Interestingly, it's my understanding that Jesus wasn't mentioned in any of the scrolls, even though some were written as late as 68-100 CE.

"To think of what the world has suffered from superstition, from religion, from the worship of beast and stone and god, is
almost enough to make one insane."

Robert G. Ingersoll
06-10-2011, 01:48 AM
(29-09-2011 11:11 AM)17thknight Wrote:  

The study of theology is the study of history. It is a very important aspect of human history, integral to the understanding of many incidents in history. It's the exact same as studying Greek Mythology, Mythraism, etc.

Yes, but Greek Mythology is, well mythology. The word of the lord however, isn't.
06-10-2011, 04:26 AM
(06-10-2011 01:48 AM)JesusLovesYou69 Wrote:  

Yes, but Greek Mythology is, well mythology. The word of the lord however, isn't.

On what do you base this assumption? The Bible? Make sure you argument doesn't look like this:

[Image: the-bible-circular-questioning.jpg]

If you give an incoherent statement just like your previous ones, I won't bother answering.

Greetings

11-10-2011, 05:59 PM
(06-10-2011 01:48 AM)JesusLovesYou69 Wrote:  

lawl. Any proof for that assertion? I'm guessing not...

Better without God, and happier too.
11-10-2011, 08:46 PM
JesusLovesYou69 is such a troll sounding name.

It brings the phrase "Fucking Jesus!" to a new light.
[Image: trollface-gear.png]
Thankyou

“Forget Jesus, the stars died so you could be born.” - Lawrence M. Krauss
[+] 1 user Likes DeepThought's post