The direction of enlightenment...

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
28-06-2015, 05:53 PM
RE: The direction of enlightenment...
(27-06-2015 06:46 PM)Bucky Ball Wrote:  I think you should add the Loving v Virginia, Supreme Court Decision that threw out laws against interracial marriage. I think there were fundie religious people trying to say it was evil.
Maybe Title IX --- the Equal Rights Amendment was never passed, but this effectively did the same job in US education and college sports ... and many other things followed.
"No person in the United States shall, on the basis of sex, be excluded from participation in, be denied the benefits of, or be subjected to discrimination under any education program or activity receiving federal financial assistance."

Yes true Bucky. I did post quite the abridged list of the recent milestones of humanism. Let's not forget roe v wade as well.

"Only two things are infinite, the universe and human stupidity, and I'm not sure about the former." -Albert Einstein
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
28-06-2015, 05:59 PM
RE: The direction of enlightenment...
Torcaso v. Watkins (1961) was pretty important to atheists. Of course the Maryland Constitution still contains that unenforceable language. Dunno why.

#sigh
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply