Poll: What color is this dress?
Blue and Black
White and Gold
It switches back and forth, depending on how I look at it.
[Show Results]

The dress that sparked WWIII

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
27-02-2015, 01:14 PM
RE: The dress that sparked WWIII
I've explained to people that it is an automatic filtering system based on biology. In the morning/evening, the brain filters out reds to try to color correct. In mid day, it filters blues to color correct. Artificial lighting and poor images will cause the brain to pick one filter or the other. If you see white/gold, you're in mid day mode. If you see blue/black, you're in morning/afternoon mode.

I haven't been able to recreate these effects personally (because I'm not a slave to biological wizardry)... I just see a washed out greyish/blue and a hideous brownish/yellow. The actual dress IS blue and black, but the shitty image actually contains pale grey/blues and browns. Just look at RGB levels for certain sections, they will never lie.
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
[+] 3 users Like WeAreTheCosmos's post
27-02-2015, 01:20 PM
So basically... The image is neither white/gold or blue/black, and the poll should have a third option for those who can actually identify colours correctly. This is why SOME of us appreciate monitors with accurate colours and blacks... Because we can actually SEE what were looking at correctly.
[+] 1 user Likes WeAreTheCosmos's post
27-02-2015, 01:36 PM
(27-02-2015 01:14 PM)WeAreTheCosmos Wrote:  I've explained to people that it is an automatic filtering system based on biology. In the morning/evening, the brain filters out reds to try to color correct. In mid day, it filters blues to color correct. Artificial lighting and poor images will cause the brain to pick one filter or the other. If you see white/gold, you're in mid day mode. If you see blue/black, you're in morning/afternoon mode.

I haven't been able to recreate these effects personally (because I'm not a slave to biological wizardry)... I just see a washed out greyish/blue and a hideous brownish/yellow. The actual dress IS blue and black, but the shitty image actually contains pale grey/blues and browns. Just look at RGB levels for certain sections, they will never lie.

Fuck all that biology nonsense homie. Just take that shit to Microsoft paint and use the tool that grabs and duplicates color. It'll pull diarrhea gold and a pale blue/lavender.

Cool
27-02-2015, 01:59 PM
Here is a representation of how I feel about this dress.
[+] 2 users Like Ferdinand's post
27-02-2015, 02:04 PM
I see white and gold. And even if I look at images of the dress where it appears to be shadowed somehow, it just looks slightly blue-ish but still with gold stripes. Where in the actual fuck is black coming into this? Huh

[+] 2 users Like Escape Artist's post
27-02-2015, 03:47 PM
Fucked. Up...

I can see it blue and black OR white and gold.

Close your eyes. Imagine it's a sunny afternoon with a clear blue sky. You're out for lunch at the beach. Now look at the dress.

Now close your eyes and imagine it's a fall evening. The sun hangs low on the horizon, and everything glows the fiery orange of the falling leaves. Now look at the dress.

So many cats, so few good recipes.
27-02-2015, 03:52 PM
Red.
27-02-2015, 06:44 PM
(27-02-2015 03:47 PM)Stark Raving Wrote:  Close your eyes. Imagine it's a sunny afternoon with a clear blue sky. You're out for lunch at the beach. Now look at the dress.

Now close your eyes and imagine it's a fall evening. The sun hangs low on the horizon, and everything glows the fiery orange of the falling leaves. Now look at the dress.

I see the same colors now that I saw 12 hours ago when it was first posted no matter what I imagine. Pale blue and an ugly brownish gold.

There are four lights!
Thumbsup

Atheism: it's not just for communists any more!
America July 4 1776 - November 8 2016 RIP
[+] 2 users Like unfogged's post
27-02-2015, 07:46 PM
Blurple.
27-02-2015, 08:21 PM
Orange.