The earth is hollow!

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
12-01-2015, 06:58 AM
RE: The earth is hollow!
(11-01-2015 11:06 PM)thecontemplator Wrote:  
Quote:Now all you have to do is explain how all calculations with the Earth with a molten iron core work with what is observed, and why they would NOT work if it's hollow, but somehow are observed anyway.

Calculations are wrong? Conspiracy? Btw I never said I actually believed this theory. Laugh out load I have the book that I linked to and it was one of my favorites when I was a kid. I also read the Twelfth planet by Zecharia Sitchin where he talked about aliens from the planet Nibiru coming down and genetically engineering the human race. Ah but that's another conspiracy theory that I shall leave for later.

I recommend you stick with "Horton Hears a Who"

Insufferable know-it-all.Einstein God has a plan for us. Please stop screwing it up with your prayers.
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
[+] 1 user Likes Bucky Ball's post
12-01-2015, 02:35 PM
I hope this is true so I can experience the joys of zero gravity.

"A witty quote means nothing"
12-01-2015, 04:32 PM
Re: RE: The earth is hollow!
(11-01-2015 10:46 PM)Whimsymum Wrote:  Do we call the people that believe this Inner Earthers? Verners? Big Grin
Some of them call themselves "hollow earthers."

And I knew that. Weeping
[+] 1 user Likes Clockwork's post
12-01-2015, 06:08 PM
So the earth is like one giant kinder surprise egg. Gotcha. I guess we best stop taking big bites out of it.
12-01-2015, 06:50 PM
(11-01-2015 04:00 PM)thecontemplator Wrote:  How's this for a conspiracy theory? It turns out that Jules Verne was right! ...
Edgar Rice Burroughs, not Jules Verne.

Sapere aude
12-01-2015, 07:34 PM
Uh what book are you thinking of? "Journey to the Center of the Earth" was by Verne.
13-01-2015, 06:36 AM
(12-01-2015 07:34 PM)thecontemplator Wrote:  Uh what book are you thinking of? "Journey to the Center of the Earth" was by Verne.
The entire Pellucidar series, the first of which was At the Earth's Core. Burroughs posited a hollow Earth whose center was accessible via holes at the poles. There was a small star at the center of the Earth which provided light and heat, it was always noon everywhere. People walked around upside down on the earth's crust.

In reading Verne's Journey to the Center of the Earth I never got the idea that Verne's Earth was hollow. It just had enormous caverns capable of containing entire seas. Also they went down a volcano (in Iceland I think), not a hole at the pole.

Sapere aude
[+] 1 user Likes f stop's post
13-01-2015, 07:01 AM
^Pellucidar.

One day I'm going to mash together Pellucidar and and [Fictional land from the Rings Cycle that I don't remember the name of and can't find using google but it's in my notes and I don't feel like looking for them at the moment] and use it as the Dwarven/ Goblinoid homelands in a DND setting.

Edit: Sword Sage'd.

Soulless mutants of muscle and intent. There are billions of us; hardy, smart and dangerous. Shaped by millions of years of death. We are the definitive alpha predator. We build monsters of fire and stone. We bottled the sun. We nailed our god to a stick.

In man's struggle against the world, bet on the man.
13-01-2015, 08:28 AM
RE: F Stop
Well it looks like I've got some reading to do. I don't think I ever read anything by Burroughs - I was always into Verne when I was a kid.
15-01-2015, 12:48 PM
(11-01-2015 04:18 PM)Momsurroundedbyboys Wrote:  Yeah, I think i'll pass on the book.

I've already made my quota for crazy for the year. Tongue

Tongue