The economy and the future.

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
25-07-2012, 08:32 AM
The economy and the future.
Not really sure where to have posted this really..... so if the mods wish to move it somewhere else then im down with that.

What do people think will sort out the economy..... do you prescribe to the view that QE and bailouts will sort things out.... that the printing of money from nothing (increasing inflation) and adding digital credit (which has no actual worth) will sort out this problem???

Do you think a large war (history repeating) will kickstart the economy???

Do you think that it should all crash, resetting prices to a more realistic level???

Or do you think something else will save it???

For no matter how much I use these symbols, to describe symptoms of my existence.
You are your own emphasis.
So I say nothing.

-Bemore.
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
25-07-2012, 08:53 AM
RE: The economy and the future.
“Other kings said it was daft to build a castle in a swamp, but I built it all the same, just to show them! It sank into the swamp. So I built a second one! That sank into the swamp. So I built a third! That one burned down, fell over then sank into the swamp. But the fourth one stayed up!”
- Monty Python and the Quest for the Holy Grail

Nothing can save an economy founded in unreality. Especially not while so many powerful interests expect to reap huge short-term benefits, and so many, even those who stand to lose the most, are inextricably, incurably, inescapably spider-webbed in an unreality-based mind-set and world view.
You have to wait for it to crash and then build a new one.

If you pray to anything, you're prey to anything.
[+] 1 user Likes Peterkin's post
25-07-2012, 09:02 AM
Nice to see you around Peterkin....... I miss your posts Sad

For no matter how much I use these symbols, to describe symptoms of my existence.
You are your own emphasis.
So I say nothing.

-Bemore.
26-07-2012, 10:06 PM
(25-07-2012 08:32 AM)bemore Wrote:  Not really sure where to have posted this really..... so if the mods wish to move it somewhere else then im down with that.

What do people think will sort out the economy..... do you prescribe to the view that QE and bailouts will sort things out.... that the printing of money from nothing (increasing inflation) and adding digital credit (which has no actual worth) will sort out this problem???

Do you think a large war (history repeating) will kickstart the economy???

Do you think that it should all crash, resetting prices to a more realistic level???

Or do you think something else will save it???

Personally, I think it's time to vote out the loose change...
[Image: Obama_Coin_ExactChange_160.gif]

and vote in some cold cash:
[Image: MittRomneyforPresidentBillTJ6.jpg]

Balance is what's needed here. Government has tried to grow too much too fast and it just needs to bring it down a few notches. I'm of the school of Thomas Sowell when it comes to economics. BTW he is NOT an Obama supporter.

Ultimately I think it's time for government to get out of the way and let the economy, a.k.a. the people, sort this mess out without interventions and regulations of new government policies. I really don't know if Romney is the solution but I think Obama has definitely made things worse.
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
26-07-2012, 10:16 PM
How, exactly?

If you pray to anything, you're prey to anything.
27-07-2012, 01:01 AM
Yes, how exactly?

Unemployment:

http://data.bls.gov/timeseries/LNS14000000

Stocks:

Today
http://money.cnn.com/data/markets/

The Crash
http://money.cnn.com/2008/09/29/markets/.../index.htm

Under Repair.
27-07-2012, 01:58 AM
Have I missed something?

What's wrong with the economy?

27-07-2012, 04:29 AM
Printing more money and raising the virtual debt is a bubble that will burst once. This debt can only grow so far...

There are all sorts of different economical models, but none of them will see the light of day, as they would change the whole economy and people in power do not want that.

That is why, when we all go bankrupt and our countries go broke, a new war will break out. That is the way to keep things as they were and for the power-people to remain in power. A classical case of humanity.

I know you many of you do not like Zeitgeist, but I think that this debt thing and bursting of the debt bubble is very well explained there.

That, or an advanced alien race will come to our aid and explain a lot of interesting new things, so that we may finally start to live as human beings, not slaves and idiots...

What will really happen? Who knows, let's wait and see.

[Image: a6505fe8.jpg]
I have a theory that the truth is never told during the nine-to-five hours.
-Hunter S. Thompson
[+] 2 users Like Filox's post
27-07-2012, 06:17 AM
Do I know how to get us out of the current economical crises?
Solve high unemployment and the threat of countries going bankrupt?

Nope.

But do I know how to stop it happening again in the future?
Yip. Broadening of markets is key. If the US only sold to EU and vise verser, then they are too heavily dependent on each other. If one goes tits up then the other is gonna be in serious trouble. (Which is exactly what happened). Now, if the EU traded more with the likes of China, South America, Middle East then if one goes tits up yes it will be a problem but absolutely nothing like what we would see if the EUs only trade partner went tits up.
This in turn greatly speeds the development of developing countries like India and Brazil. As well as efficient allocation of resources by current developed countries.

[Image: 3cdac7eec8f6b059070d9df56f50a7ae.jpg]
Now with 40% more awesome.