The education debate.

Thread Rating:
  • 1 Votes - 5 Average
15-01-2011, 09:11 AM
RE: The education debate.
Exactly right. There are all kinds of studies that show people with white collar jobs (which generally requires an education) make significantly more money over the course of their lives, generally live longer (at least in the US - I can't swear that's true globally but I'd be surprised if it wasn't), etc. Obviously that does not mean all people. Bill Gates dropped out of college and he's one of the richest people on the planet. Education may not be for everyone, but for the vast majority of people it's going to give you an advantage.

i was also thinking of this thread yesterday. So yesterday I was in the office and I got to the train station and put my car in the cash lot because it' easier to get out of at night. At 6:40 AM it was, per my car thermometer, 15F (-9.4C). As I was handing my $7 to the guy who's job it is to stand out there starting at probably 5:30AM (when it was probably a little colder) until the lot is full (so probably 10 AM or so), I was thinking how I'm sure he's trade places with me in a heartbeat.

Shackle their minds when they're bent on the cross
When ignorance reigns, life is lost
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
15-01-2011, 04:21 PM
RE: The education debate.
Not nessessarily. I would rather die than work in an office job, although I wouldn't want his job either. Both those jobs would drive me nuts.

When I find myself in times of trouble, Richard Dawkins comes to me, speaking words of reason, now I see, now I see.
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply