The elegant nature of science

Thread Rating:
  • 1 Votes - 5 Average
15-06-2012, 02:06 PM (This post was last modified: 15-06-2012 02:59 PM by kim.)
RE: The elegant nature of science
(15-06-2012 01:55 PM)houseofcantor Wrote:  I don't know nothing other than I love my Gwynnies! Always a dilemma talking to you on this subject. Do I like you more than I hate string theory? Well, yeah... but I hate string theory. Big Grin

I'm ok waiting for supersymmetry string theory to be recognized .... gives me time to wait for a smiley holding up a middle finger. Dodgy

A new type of thinking is essential if mankind is to survive and move to higher levels. ~ Albert Einstein
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
15-06-2012, 03:02 PM
In the middle of The Gulf Of Alaska. Oceans meet, but don't mix. One portion of the water is composed of fresh water from melting glaciers, while the other has a higher percentage of salt. The different densities prevented the two from merging and becoming one.
[Image: alaskagulf.jpg]

Pretty sweet, huh? Smile

A new type of thinking is essential if mankind is to survive and move to higher levels. ~ Albert Einstein
[+] 6 users Like kim's post
15-06-2012, 03:03 PM
(15-06-2012 02:06 PM)kim Wrote:  
(15-06-2012 01:55 PM)houseofcantor Wrote:  I don't know nothing other than I love my Gwynnies! Always a dilemma talking to you on this subject. Do I like you more than I hate string theory? Well, yeah... but I hate string theory. Big Grin

I'm ok waiting for supersymmetry string theory to be recognized .... gives me time to wait for a smiley holding up a middle finger. Dodgy
Nah, man. Pure Number FTW. Tongue

living word
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
15-06-2012, 03:04 PM
(15-06-2012 03:02 PM)kim Wrote:  In the middle of The Gulf Of Alaska. Oceans meet, but don't mix. One portion of the water is composed of fresh water from melting glaciers, while the other has a higher percentage of salt. The different densities prevented the two from merging and becoming one.
[Image: alaskagulf.jpg]

Pretty sweet, huh? Smile

Gets me thinking fresh water from the glaciers may be part of Earth's rebreather. I hate GW too. Tongue

living word
15-06-2012, 03:14 PM (This post was last modified: 15-06-2012 03:21 PM by kim.)
And now... in a different ocean...
[Image: M65M66.jpg]

Spiral galaxies M65 (top) and M66. Each are about 35 million light-years distance around and 100,000 light-years across -about the size of our Milky Way. While both exhibit prominent dust lanes sweeping along their broad spiral arms, M66 in particular, is a striking contrast in red and blue hues; the telltale pinkish glow of hydrogen gas in star forming regions and young blue star clusters. M65 and M66 make up two thirds of the well know Leo Triplet of galaxies with warps and tidal tails that offer evidence of the group's past close encounters. The larger M66 has been host to four supernovae discovered since 1973.

15-06-2012, 03:44 PM
(15-06-2012 02:06 PM)kim Wrote:  

Whatcha waiting for? Wink

[Image: FuckYouSmiley.gif] [Image: smiley-fuckyou2.gif] [Image: fu-1.png]

#sigh
15-06-2012, 03:47 PM
(15-06-2012 03:44 PM)GirlyMan Wrote:  Whatcha waiting for? Wink

[Image: FuckYouSmiley.gif] [Image: smiley-fuckyou2.gif] [Image: fu-1.png]

Hmm... thanks! Smile
[Image: FuckYouSmiley.gif] locked and loaded.

Now I just have to wait for the science to catch up. Like Chas said... scientists are optimists![Image: smiley-fuckyou2.gif]

15-06-2012, 04:17 PM
See, Erx? There's another thing. Women change the subject. It's smart to keep it changed. Wink

I don't hate all money. Brought to you by a whole lotta science, but right now I'm thinking fractal compression . I think fractals, I think chaos theory. Man, ain't no better way to keep IDiots outta my mind. I get, I don't accept chaos theory.

living word
[+] 1 user Likes houseofcantor's post
16-06-2012, 02:11 PM
[Image: sallymathcrop.jpg]

[+] 5 users Like kim's post
17-06-2012, 06:07 PM

living word