The elegant nature of science

Thread Rating:
  • 1 Votes - 5 Average
27-07-2012, 10:34 AM
RE: The elegant nature of science
Oooh... and the Buckminster brings it in with the book learnin' and the iambic pentameter. Although... I kind of liked having the mushroom in there ... I do lament it's loss.

I like the notion of being related to a mushroom - it makes me feel kind of exotic. I almost feel like a Borg. Shy

A new type of thinking is essential if mankind is to survive and move to higher levels. ~ Albert Einstein
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
27-07-2012, 10:53 AM
(27-07-2012 10:34 AM)kim Wrote:  Oooh... and the Buckminster brings it in with the book learnin' and the iambic pentameter. Although... I kind of liked having the mushroom in there ... I do lament it's loss.

I like the notion of being related to a mushroom - it makes me feel kind of exotic. I almost feel like a Borg. Shy

Kimmy, I should have figgered out a way to keep that in there. You know Jeebus was a mushroom.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BtiMw0-akAM
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ALCOqBSYLkg

Insufferable know-it-all.Einstein God has a plan for us. Please stop screwing it up with your prayers.
[+] 1 user Likes Bucky Ball's post
27-07-2012, 11:15 AM
Ha - I think ol' JC may have been operating on a few psychedelic 'shrooms back in the day. Wink Ah... good times.

A new type of thinking is essential if mankind is to survive and move to higher levels. ~ Albert Einstein
27-07-2012, 11:56 AM
(27-07-2012 10:34 AM)kim Wrote:  Oooh... and the Buckminster brings it in with the book learnin' and the iambic pentameter. Although... I kind of liked having the mushroom in there ... I do lament it's loss.

Do you look almost like a Borg?
[Image: seven-of-nine.jpg]

Skepticism is not a position; it is an approach to claims.
Science is not a subject, but a method.
[Image: flagstiny%206.gif]
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
[+] 2 users Like Chas's post
27-07-2012, 12:16 PM
Sell PayPal and build spaceships. My kinda guy. Thumbsup

http://www.cbsnews.com/video/watch/?id=7410538n

[Image: ZF1ZJ4M.jpg]
27-07-2012, 12:31 PM
(27-07-2012 11:56 AM)Chas Wrote:  Do you look almost like a Borg?

Coincidentally, yea... except for the odd protrusions around the brow... I find those interesting additions. I can only think they must be there to improve efficiency.

Except... if that were the case, I'm not certain why there would be hair. Consider ?

28-07-2012, 05:56 PM
I wonder if Carl Sagan will be thought of as a prophet 2000 years from now?

28-07-2012, 06:03 PM (This post was last modified: 28-07-2012 06:10 PM by kim.)
(28-07-2012 05:56 PM)Grassy Knoll Wrote:   I wonder if Carl Sagan will be thought of as is a prophet! 2000 years from now?

Fixed. Thumbsup

[+] 2 users Like kim's post
29-07-2012, 08:39 AM
(28-07-2012 05:56 PM)Grassy Knoll Wrote:  I wonder if Carl Sagan will be thought of as a prophet 2000 years from now?

Sagan cannot be a prophet. He's sane. Thumbsup

[Image: ZF1ZJ4M.jpg]
[+] 2 users Like houseofcantor's post
29-07-2012, 10:00 AM
(29-07-2012 08:39 AM)houseofcantor Wrote:  
(28-07-2012 05:56 PM)Grassy Knoll Wrote:  I wonder if Carl Sagan will be thought of as a prophet 2000 years from now?

Sagan cannot be a prophet. He's sane. Thumbsup

Hmm... Consider

Maybe... Saint... honorary, of course. Saint Sagan.... has a nice ring. Thumbsup