The elegant nature of science

Thread Rating:
  • 1 Votes - 5 Average
13-08-2012, 10:40 AM
RE: The elegant nature of science
This image is from NASA’s Solar Dynamics Observatory shows a very long, whip-like solar filament extending over half a million miles, in a long arc above the sun’s surface.
[Image: 675914main_Whip_prom_full.jpg]
Filaments are cooler clouds of solar material that are tethered above the sun’s surface by unstable magnetic forces.

I think in the end, I just feel like I'm a secular person who has a skeptical eye toward any extraordinary claim, carefully examining any extraordinary evidence before jumping to conclusions. ~ Eric ~ My friend ... who figured it out.
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
[+] 1 user Likes kim's post
13-08-2012, 10:58 AM
Plasma is the next NASA science target
Two giant donuts of this plasma surround Earth, trapped within a region known as the Van Allen Radiation Belts. The belts lie close to Earth, sandwiched between satellites in geostationary orbit above and satellites in low Earth orbit (LEO) are generally below the belts. A new NASA mission called the Radiation Belt Storm Probes (RBSP), due to launch in August 2012, will improve our understanding of what makes plasma move in and out of these electrified belts wrapped around our planet.
[Image: 668517main_vab-orig_full.jpg]
The inner radiation belt stays largely stable, but the number of particles in the outer one can swell 100 times or more, easily encompassing a horde of communications satellites and research instruments orbiting Earth. Figuring out what drives these changes in the belts, requires understanding what drives the plasma.
Go here to read further about The Electric Atmosphere. Thumbsup

I think in the end, I just feel like I'm a secular person who has a skeptical eye toward any extraordinary claim, carefully examining any extraordinary evidence before jumping to conclusions. ~ Eric ~ My friend ... who figured it out.
[+] 2 users Like kim's post
17-08-2012, 09:30 PM

[+] 5 users Like LadyJane's post
20-08-2012, 06:17 AM
(17-08-2012 09:30 PM)LadyJane Wrote:  

Looking through the comment section of that video is depressing.

"allow me to look in my crystal ball... the rover is just going to take puctures of mars and take samples of the dirt before it's batteries die... or the solar panels get covered with dirt... but in the end... nothing will benefit us humand on earth even though our taxes paid for these nerds curiosity."
joet797

"I hate all these American queers. Go be gay on Mars faggots."
oakland5353

"Totally agree. Billions of taxpayer money wasted."
heterosectional

"Waste of taxpayer money. Shut down nasty NASA."
heterosectional

At least there is some hope. Yes

"The amount of people trying to shit on NASA for this is hilarious. NASA didn't make the vid. None of those people are from NASA, just dressed and styled to look like NASA employees. And for those of you who think NASA is wasting your tax dollars, you are idiots. NASA is an economic gain for the country, as they crate thousands of good paying jobs in both the public and private sector, and innovate technology often repackaged for private use. Educate yourselves."
djschlotte

[Image: IcJnQOT.gif]
[+] 1 user Likes Vosur's post
20-08-2012, 12:21 PM
(20-08-2012 06:17 AM)Vosur Wrote:  
(17-08-2012 09:30 PM)LadyJane Wrote:  

Looking through the comment section of that video is depressing.

"allow me to look in my crystal ball... the rover is just going to take puctures of mars and take samples of the dirt before it's batteries die... or the solar panels get covered with dirt... but in the end... nothing will benefit us humand on earth even though our taxes paid for these nerds curiosity."
joet797

"I hate all these American queers. Go be gay on Mars faggots."
oakland5353

"Totally agree. Billions of taxpayer money wasted."
heterosectional

"Waste of taxpayer money. Shut down nasty NASA."
heterosectional

At least there is some hope. Yes

"The amount of people trying to shit on NASA for this is hilarious. NASA didn't make the vid. None of those people are from NASA, just dressed and styled to look like NASA employees. And for those of you who think NASA is wasting your tax dollars, you are idiots. NASA is an economic gain for the country, as they crate thousands of good paying jobs in both the public and private sector, and innovate technology often repackaged for private use. Educate yourselves."
djschlotte

Ugh! Yeah, there are a lot of misinformed people who base their opinion soley on a thought and not the truth.

Canada helped foot a portion of the bill. Smile I'd be happy to pay more, too.
[+] 2 users Like LadyJane's post
22-08-2012, 10:39 PM
I suppose I better ask before I make a thread.
Been reading a bit about human migration and how we populated the earth.

Is current day science in agreement that we, all humans on earth, stem from Central Africa.
Like, you have some apemen in Central Africa and then over the years they walk around and end up all over the world.
But the only apemen to develop were from Africa.

Like, at the time man was evolving in Africa, independent of that event, was it happening in China?
So you have different 'species' of man today. Like you would have one species of ape man evolving in Africa, one evolving in Asia, one in America, one in Siberia/Scandanavia(ish area). Then they went out for a stroll and eventually met each other.
So say you have the black African meet a pasty white European, you end up with something in between which eventually becomes like Middle Easterners. Perhaps at different ratios. Like, 1black for every 3white. So 1black mates with 1whte to create 1grey. but then 1grey mates with 1white to become 1lightgrey or whatever.

I just don't think we all originated from Africa, I think different 'species' of ape like men must have evolved in different parts of the world. After all, if they can evolve in one area then they should be able to evolve in other similar area under the same conditions.

I don't talk gay, I don't walk gay, it's like people don't even know I'm gay unless I'm blowing them.
[Image: 10h27hu.jpg]
22-08-2012, 11:08 PM
Just watched a couple good videos about the migration pattern. I was looking for recent info on Homo Rudolfensis, (which is not here).

Insufferable know-it-all.Einstein Certified Ancient Astronaut Theorist
Political skeptic .. if there is a bad reason something bad might have happened, you can bet your ass, that's why it happened.
[+] 1 user Likes Bucky Ball's post
22-08-2012, 11:44 PM
The vids of the Sloan Survey are pretty cool.

Insufferable know-it-all.Einstein Certified Ancient Astronaut Theorist
Political skeptic .. if there is a bad reason something bad might have happened, you can bet your ass, that's why it happened.
23-08-2012, 01:30 AM
I'm out of bandwidth so I can't watch long youtube videos or it'll cost me an arm and a leg.
So it'll have to wait till next week.

I don't talk gay, I don't walk gay, it's like people don't even know I'm gay unless I'm blowing them.
[Image: 10h27hu.jpg]
23-08-2012, 06:41 AM
(22-08-2012 10:39 PM)earmuffs Wrote:  I suppose I better ask before I make a thread.
Been reading a bit about human migration and how we populated the earth.

Is current day science in agreement that we, all humans on earth, stem from Central Africa.
Like, you have some apemen in Central Africa and then over the years they walk around and end up all over the world.
But the only apemen to develop were from Africa.

Like, at the time man was evolving in Africa, independent of that event, was it happening in China?
So you have different 'species' of man today. Like you would have one species of ape man evolving in Africa, one evolving in Asia, one in America, one in Siberia/Scandanavia(ish area). Then they went out for a stroll and eventually met each other.
So say you have the black African meet a pasty white European, you end up with something in between which eventually becomes like Middle Easterners. Perhaps at different ratios. Like, 1black for every 3white. So 1black mates with 1whte to create 1grey. but then 1grey mates with 1white to become 1lightgrey or whatever.

I just don't think we all originated from Africa, I think different 'species' of ape like men must have evolved in different parts of the world. After all, if they can evolve in one area then they should be able to evolve in other similar area under the same conditions.

Nope. The DNA tells the story, and the story is that we are all out of Africa in a couple of waves of migration.

Skepticism is not a position; it is an approach to claims.
Science is not a subject, but a method.
[Image: flagstiny%206.gif]
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user