The elegant nature of science

Thread Rating:
  • 1 Votes - 5 Average
21-04-2013, 01:45 PM
RE: The elegant nature of science
(21-04-2013 06:07 AM)Vera Wrote:  
(21-04-2013 06:03 AM)Full Circle Wrote:  At least we don't go around biting the heads off our mates while still copulating...just saying Big Grin

And at least we are not so stupid as to stubbornly go looking for something to hump, even when it's going to kill us.

Just sayin' right back atcha Drinking Beverage

At least we're not so...ah forget it. I just want a beer and to see something nekid.
Wink

Throughout history conversions happen at the point of a sword, deconversions at the point of a pen - FC

I am quite sure now that often, very often, in matters concerning religion and politics a man's reasoning powers are not above the monkey's. - Mark Twain in Eruption
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
[+] 1 user Likes Full Circle's post
21-04-2013, 02:20 PM
(21-04-2013 01:45 PM)Full Circle Wrote:  I just want a beer and to see something nekid.

Nekid, eh? Here you go (and in the throes of passion, too... or so I'm guessing. Not an expert on this kind of passion. Or any other for that matter Angel )
[Image: Banana_slugs_mating.jpg]

What? Those guys are nekid!

"E se non passa la tristezza con altri occhi la guarderò."
[+] 1 user Likes Vera's post
21-04-2013, 03:29 PM
(21-04-2013 02:20 PM)Vera Wrote:  
(21-04-2013 01:45 PM)Full Circle Wrote:  I just want a beer and to see something nekid.

Nekid, eh? Here you go (and in the throes of passion, too... or so I'm guessing. Not an expert on this kind of passion. Or any other for that matter Angel )
[Image: Banana_slugs_mating.jpg]

What? Those guys are nekid!

Kinda sexy in vibrant yellow!
If God had incorporated real intelligent design, men would be able to change colors on their penises Thumbsup

Throughout history conversions happen at the point of a sword, deconversions at the point of a pen - FC

I am quite sure now that often, very often, in matters concerning religion and politics a man's reasoning powers are not above the monkey's. - Mark Twain in Eruption
[+] 2 users Like Full Circle's post
21-04-2013, 03:35 PM
(21-04-2013 03:29 PM)Full Circle Wrote:  If God had incorporated real intelligent design, men would be able to change colors on their penises
[Image: rofl3.gif]

Yeah, but then women would be too busy enjyoing the shiny colours to actually... hmm, yeah Drinking Beverage

[+] 1 user Likes Vera's post
22-04-2013, 05:17 AM
(21-04-2013 03:35 PM)Vera Wrote:  
(21-04-2013 03:29 PM)Full Circle Wrote:  If God had incorporated real intelligent design, men would be able to change colors on their penises
[Image: rofl3.gif]

Yeah, but then women would be too busy enjyoing the shiny colours to actually... hmm, yeah Drinking Beverage

Mentioned the color idea to my wife, she said forget the colors, now if they had a mild electrical current she said....YesShocking

[+] 2 users Like Full Circle's post
22-04-2013, 01:18 PM
This is way too cool for words (or sounds Rolleyes )

"After a three-year “walkabout” in Baja California, an artist and software designer named Mark Fischer became fascinated by cetacean acoustics. As a trained computer engineer, he soon realized that the visual representations of whale song had not advanced much beyond crude graphs and spectrograms. There was nothing that adequately captured the sheer beauty of sounds that can be louder than a jet engine and as melodic as the human voice.

Fischer found his solution in the mathematical theory of wavelets, which he applied to sounds from different frequencies, translating them into color-coded visual forms. “It’s a kind of photography to me,” Fischer says, “with mathematics as the lens and the computer as the camera.” He calls the result “the shape of the sound.”

[Image: agua1030-930x375.jpg]

[Image: agua1291-930x375.jpg]

@Full Circle: I don't know. If you had colours and voltage to worry about, on top of the whole size thing, I think you'd kill each other off. We definitely do not need the drama Drinking Beverage

[+] 2 users Like Vera's post
22-04-2013, 01:52 PM
How did I miss this conversation about vibrantly colored, electric dicks?

[Image: giphy.gif]
22-04-2013, 02:18 PM (This post was last modified: 22-04-2013 04:14 PM by Vera.)
(22-04-2013 01:52 PM)Tartarus Sauce Wrote:  How did I miss this conversation about vibrantly colored, electric dicks?
'Cause title says "elegant" and "science", not "minuscule" and "phallus" Drinking Beverage

It's all mystification and subterfuge. With a touch of beguilement.

And just for you:

Picture-winged fly quenches thirst on sperm.

"Living in a dry climate, female Euxesta bilimeki flies are regularly faced with deadly thirst. But they have an unusual solution: they regularly eat sperm from the males of their species. It has little nutritional value, but does contain plenty of water.
So despite the constant male harassment, the females seem very much in control. Not only are they are very selective about who fertilises their eggs, but they manage to use the unsuccessful males as mobile drinking fountains."

[+] 2 users Like Vera's post
22-04-2013, 07:18 PM
I just watched the ISS go over.
With good binoculars it's clear that it is elongated, not a point like most satellites.

Man, it is bright and moving fast. Shocking

Skepticism is not a position; it is an approach to claims.
Science is not a subject, but a method.
[Image: flagstiny%206.gif]
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
[+] 1 user Likes Chas's post
22-04-2013, 08:31 PM
(22-04-2013 01:18 PM)Vera Wrote:  @Full Circle: I don't know. If you had colours and voltage to worry about, on top of the whole size thing, I think you'd kill each other off. We definitely do not need the drama Drinking Beverage

But what a way to go!

PS Loved the acoustic cetacean images

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread: Author Replies: Views: Last Post
  Use of the word "science" undergroundp 16 213 05-07-2014 10:53 AM
Last Post: Revenant77x
  Is science in the United States getting worst? Metazoa Zeke 7 147 04-07-2014 08:51 PM
Last Post: Rinpoche
  What Science Course(s) Should I Go Into? Cyvas 27 381 03-07-2014 06:52 PM
Last Post: natachan
  Youtube and Science vs. Creationism cre8ivmind 5 122 17-06-2014 01:59 PM
Last Post: dancefortwo
  Do we sometimes go too far in Science? JDog554 51 511 04-06-2014 07:26 PM
Last Post: Shadow Fox
  Feline Science - by Full Circle Full Circle 23 1,020 14-05-2014 04:49 PM
Last Post: Bows and Arrows
  Sensory Benches to connect with nature- Scotland Bows and Arrows 3 95 12-05-2014 08:11 AM
Last Post: Mathilda