The elegant nature of science

Thread Rating:
  • 1 Votes - 5 Average
20-01-2012, 12:08 PM
RE: The elegant nature of science
About an hour long, but a fun one with Prof. Brian Cox and entertainers just happy to be there loving the shit out of science.

Admittedly, I was tired one night and was just kind of listening to him explain something, putting it together in my head; I had a mind-gasm. All my electrons just sort of exploded into everything.... the everything that is nothing. You know... the nothing that people talk about when they ask how the universe could come from nothing. Shy

If you can't see, here: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4f9wcSLs8ZQ

I think in the end, I just feel like I'm a secular person who has a skeptical eye toward any extraordinary claim, carefully examining any extraordinary evidence before jumping to conclusions. ~ Eric ~ My friend ... who figured it out.
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
[+] 3 users Like kim's post
21-01-2012, 05:18 AM (This post was last modified: 21-01-2012 09:08 AM by Bucky Ball.)
(20-01-2012 12:08 PM)kim Wrote:  ..... but a fun one with Prof. Brian Cox and entertainers just happy to be there loving the shit out of science.

Speaking of "woo-woo" and Pauli's Exclusion, Miss Kim, what'cha think of Wheeler's "single electron" idea ?

Insufferable know-it-all.Einstein Certified Ancient Astronaut Theorist
Political skeptic .. if there is a bad reason something bad might have happened, you can bet your ass, that's why it happened.
23-01-2012, 12:09 PM
(21-01-2012 05:18 AM)Bucky Ball Wrote:  Speaking of "woo-woo" and Pauli's Exclusion, Miss Kim, what'cha think of Wheeler's "single electron" idea ?

I thought Feynman fleshed out the idea of the single electron to a greater degree than wheeler or anyone -at least that's where I became acquainted with the notion. Interesting ... Feynman's brain is... was.. will always be way bigger and happy to grasp the concept fully... but; it would fit quite appropriately into the "big bang happened everywhere at once" concept, which suits me just fine. Oddly, I find it kind of simple -almost too simple... but I'm not really certain why.
I'm just an armchair physicist... maybe I like relaxing more than others. Blush

I think in the end, I just feel like I'm a secular person who has a skeptical eye toward any extraordinary claim, carefully examining any extraordinary evidence before jumping to conclusions. ~ Eric ~ My friend ... who figured it out.
23-01-2012, 01:25 PM
That video of Brian Cox was astounding.

Evolve
[+] 1 user Likes TheBeardedDude's post
24-01-2012, 10:26 AM (This post was last modified: 24-01-2012 11:03 AM by Bucky Ball.)
Help !
I can't find the (approx) 15 minute long video of the history of all the Ancient Near Eastern gods, (including Yahweh.."god of the armies", Marduk, Ashura, Baal etc). Anyone know where that is ?
Thanks.

Political skeptic .. if there is a bad reason something bad might have happened, you can bet your ass, that's why it happened.
24-01-2012, 10:41 AM
(24-01-2012 10:26 AM)Bucky Ball Wrote:  Help !
I can't find the (approx) 15 minute long video of the history of all the Ancient Near Eastern gods, (including Yahweh.."god of the armies", Marduk, Ashura, Baal etc. Anyone know where that is ?
Thanks.

You mean this?
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MlnnWbkMlbg
24-01-2012, 11:02 AM
(24-01-2012 10:41 AM)Logisch Wrote:  
(24-01-2012 10:26 AM)Bucky Ball Wrote:  Help !
I can't find the (approx) 15 minute long video of the history of all the Ancient Near Eastern gods, (including Yahweh.."god of the armies", Marduk, Ashura, Baal etc. Anyone know where that is ?
Thanks.

You mean this?
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MlnnWbkMlbg

Exactly. THANK YOU ! Cool

[+] 2 users Like Bucky Ball's post
24-01-2012, 06:59 PM
Being a fan of Ray Kurzweil, am always looking for nanotechnology stuff, as the day is soon coming we will be bio-robots. There a cool web site called Nano Werk,
( http://www.nanowerk.com/news/newsid=23502.php ). The science geeks here might enjoy some of their very up-to-date articles, (posted along the left side of the site). Tongue

02-02-2012, 08:42 PM
(22-11-2011 03:26 PM)kim Wrote:  This is very informative... one might say... timely.
Yea, I said it. Dodgy

One of my favorites.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WQhd05ZVYWg

[+] 1 user Likes Bucky Ball's post
03-02-2012, 09:58 PM
http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=pla...lpbs6kb8Ys

My absolute most favorite. (1.5 minutes).... Tongue

[+] 2 users Like Bucky Ball's post