The elephant in the room

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
25-02-2017, 12:48 AM
RE: The elephant in the room
(24-02-2017 07:06 PM)Dorsie Wrote:  We are good peaceful atheist refugees from an Amazon forum community that has been subjected to cruel and increasing persecution - by Amazon 'moderators,' who are anything but moderate.

First they took away our right to search threads and forums. Then they started displaying any ascii character except the English alphabet incorrectly. Finally in the last month, they launched an all out purge. While they did ban some egregious trolls, they left many worse ones intact. Worst of all, they banned many decent members who have been there for years and started deleting innocuous posts by those remaining, refusing to give reasons for the deletions. Gasp

The forum became a barren wasteland of posters struggling to be understood amid the sad deleted remains of missing friends. Weeping

We are so grateful for the warm welcome we have received on your haven shores, and promise to be good and productive citizens in your community. Big Grin

So IMDB (apparently owned by the same guy as Amazon) has their boards shut down and Amazon's boards get fucked with?

I'm sure the chances the same specific people were involved in both are kind of low, but still, crud.

Popcorn I put more thought into fiction than theists put into reality.
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
[+] 1 user Likes CleverUsername's post
25-02-2017, 03:29 AM
(25-02-2017 12:48 AM)CleverUsername Wrote:  
(24-02-2017 07:06 PM)Dorsie Wrote:  We are good peaceful atheist refugees from an Amazon forum community that has been subjected to cruel and increasing persecution - by Amazon 'moderators,' who are anything but moderate.

First they took away our right to search threads and forums. Then they started displaying any ascii character except the English alphabet incorrectly. Finally in the last month, they launched an all out purge. While they did ban some egregious trolls, they left many worse ones intact. Worst of all, they banned many decent members who have been there for years and started deleting innocuous posts by those remaining, refusing to give reasons for the deletions. Gasp

The forum became a barren wasteland of posters struggling to be understood amid the sad deleted remains of missing friends. Weeping

We are so grateful for the warm welcome we have received on your haven shores, and promise to be good and productive citizens in your community. Big Grin

So IMDB (apparently owned by the same guy as Amazon) has their boards shut down and Amazon's boards get fucked with?

I'm sure the chances the same specific people were involved in both are kind of low, but still, crud.

It wasn't us. No The Amazon mods have been going on unpredictable rampages for years, with weird patterns of post deletions in between that seem to be bias driven. I once has a post deleted for an ascii smiley face with a flower. I think the term they used was "unusual visual symbol." Huh

This year the banning and deletions have at least tripled in the active forums that don't contribute a lot to product recommendations. I sense a motive for Amazon there. Consider
25-02-2017, 03:43 AM
Are we talking... the online shop, here? Or something else? I've never heard of this forum.

I welcome you all, regardless Smile

I have a website here which discusses the issues and terminology surrounding religion and atheism. It's hopefully user friendly to all.
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
[+] 2 users Like Robvalue's post
25-02-2017, 01:50 PM
I've been taking time off the forum and yeah, there are sure a lot of newbies here but I don't mind it at all. I look forward to seeing your contributions.

[Image: sagansig_zps6vhbql6m.jpg]
[+] 1 user Likes SitaSky's post
25-02-2017, 01:57 PM
Ha ok thanks for clarification guys.
So I was right. Some forum drama going on.
The rogue ex-amazon-forum-members searching for refugee status in the holy land called TTA.

But you will see. It is not as holy as you think here. Our moderators will swing their ban hammers if you so much as use an "Ö" here. Be careful be careful my new friends.

anyway, welcome and cheers.

"Freedom is the freedom to say that 2+2=4" - George Orwell (in 1984)
- Wotsefack?! -
[+] 2 users Like Leerob's post
25-02-2017, 02:00 PM
*grumble grumble*

Tongue

But as if to knock me down, reality came around
And without so much as a mere touch, cut me into little pieces

[+] 2 users Like Momsurroundedbyboys's post
25-02-2017, 02:12 PM
(25-02-2017 02:00 PM)Momsurroundedbyboys Wrote:  *grumble grumble*

Tongue

Sorry moms, instead of grumbling you should have deleted my comment for the "Ö"

"Freedom is the freedom to say that 2+2=4" - George Orwell (in 1984)
- Wotsefack?! -
[+] 2 users Like Leerob's post
25-02-2017, 02:22 PM
(25-02-2017 02:12 PM)Leela Wrote:  
(25-02-2017 02:00 PM)Momsurroundedbyboys Wrote:  *grumble grumble*

Tongue

Sorry moms, instead of grumbling you should have deleted my comment for the "Ö"

Oh gosh..NOT you..

infiltrators and refugees...

"huddled masses yearning to breathe free,
The wretched refuse of your teeming shore.
Send these, the homeless, tempest-tost to me (or TTA)"

Hug

But as if to knock me down, reality came around
And without so much as a mere touch, cut me into little pieces

[+] 1 user Likes Momsurroundedbyboys's post
25-02-2017, 02:39 PM
(24-02-2017 07:06 PM)Dorsie Wrote:  
(24-02-2017 06:41 PM)Leela Wrote:  So I just came online here after a few days off TTA and I see this big group of people apparently migrating from another place.

I cannot be the only one wondering what is going on?
I read through some of the introductions and I feel like there is probably some kind of forum drama going on?
Anybody care to enlighten me and everybody else who is wondering?
(I am good at putting question marks in the end of sentences that are not questions?)

Cheers

We are good peaceful atheist refugees from an Amazon forum community that has been subjected to cruel and increasing persecution - by Amazon 'moderators,' who are anything but moderate.

< Darth Vader breathing> Someone over there found your lack of faith disturbing </Darth Vader breathing>
[+] 2 users Like skyking's post
25-02-2017, 04:41 PM
(25-02-2017 03:29 AM)Dorsie Wrote:  It wasn't us. No The Amazon mods have been going on unpredictable rampages for years, with weird patterns of post deletions in between that seem to be bias driven. I once has a post deleted for an ascii smiley face with a flower. I think the term they used was "unusual visual symbol." Huh

This year the banning and deletions have at least tripled in the active forums that don't contribute a lot to product recommendations. I sense a motive for Amazon there. Consider

Oh, yeah, by "same people involved" I meant the higher ups, I'm sure it wasn't you guys.

Amazon people seem to just be assholes to people who like online discussion. Dodgy

Popcorn I put more thought into fiction than theists put into reality.
[+] 1 user Likes CleverUsername's post