The empty and not empty people

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
19-07-2014, 05:01 AM
RE: The empty and not empty people
(18-07-2014 06:28 PM)Luminon Wrote:  I've had many electrician's subjects on my high school, which included low voltage electronics, high voltage electronics and automation. So far I think my knowledge of this is adequate. But my use for these concepts is wildly different. I need to know how electricity behaves, but not in equations and units, I need to know how it looks and feels like for qualitative descriptions.
If there are Yogas that allow a person to interact with.... as the claims go, solar wind and geomagnetic field, I need to know *how would it feel like*. This is important both for researching literature and performing individual meditations.
My current problem (pun intended) is translating what I discovered back to human language.
Feelings are untrustworthy. How do you know that what you *feel* is you interacting with the solar wind or geomagnetic field and not just wishful thinking? I assume you mean interacting in some sort of "connection to the field" way rather than the way everyone normally interacts with the solar wind or geomagnetic field, which is that the geomagnetic field permeates the space around you and protects you from the solar wind. If you haven't already, I'd suggest reading up on what the solar wind and geomag field actually *are*, in terms of the science.

These are fun buzzwords to throw around, but I can't help feeling that if you'd lived a few centuries ago you'd have been high on something poisonous, attempting to turn lead into gold, and talking in terms of eye of the newt instead of the solar wind.

I don't have time right now to go through your links, to be honest I don't particularly have the inclination. But, it seems you are at least reading widely, although you are reading *woo*, which to my mind has zero value, but at least you are not being lazy (which is something that bugs the hell out of me when people talk of their pet theory - very often they have *no* background in what they spout off about and have made no effort to get that background)... I just think that you are *way* to quick to dismiss standard science because it doesn't support what you want it to.

I also think that despite reading widely you are trying to run before you can walk. You are saying that your experiments are super advanced but you are comfortable with a layman's understanding of electricity and the human body, despite that this is the exact area which your research covers. Real science doesn't go on vague understandings of theory. What if, using your layman's understanding, you do a whole series of experiments and make a lot of conclusions, and then take it to an expert and he says "but, things don't really work like that, that's just a useful short-cut that electricians use because it doesn't matter too much when you're fitting a plug socket"? It's a *huge risk* to do research that way...

We'll love you just the way you are
If you're perfect -- Alanis Morissette
(06-02-2014 03:47 PM)Momsurroundedbyboys Wrote:  And I'm giving myself a conclusion again from all the facepalming.
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
[+] 3 users Like morondog's post
20-07-2014, 02:03 PM
(19-07-2014 05:01 AM)morondog Wrote:  Feelings are untrustworthy. How do you know that what you *feel* is you interacting with the solar wind or geomagnetic field and not just wishful thinking? I assume you mean interacting in some sort of "connection to the field" way rather than the way everyone normally interacts with the solar wind or geomagnetic field, which is that the geomagnetic field permeates the space around you and protects you from the solar wind. If you haven't already, I'd suggest reading up on what the solar wind and geomag field actually *are*, in terms of the science.
Sorry, my mistake. I didn't mean feelings, I meant sensations. Physical, visceral sensations. These are fairly reliable, even if difficult to prove and quantify. But it's what I have.
How do I know it's not wishful thinking? About 20 years of practice and comparison with everything I learned. Have you ever known a person with many years of physical disability? Such people know exactly how their body works and what the sensations mean. Some may claim that they can predict weather by pain in a knee and be quite stubborn about this belief.
For example, if I meditate and out of nowhere I can feel a precise burning line with hot points along my arm, I can look up that arm on a Chinese meridian chart, and lo and behold, some Chinese guys a few thousand years ago marked exactly this line and these points as a "Chi meridian". Hence I make a connection. Without the sensations, I just wouldn't know what to look for.

Yeah, I mean some kind of extra interaction. To be precise, it is a continuum. The written sources say, this is how life naturally works, on some basic level there is always some basic involvement of cosmic radiation and planetary magnetism - just as scientists say today, but even more so. But if a person purifies the body, nerve system (mind) and performs some discipline, the bodily magnetic field and other properties is stronger, the interaction with electric aspects of the universe gets stronger too and there is an inflow of the "fire". The "fire" is converted by respective bodily centers into physical vitality, neurological acuity, activist motivation, mental inspiration, placebo healing, or, yogis say, tricks with laws of physics. But universally, if this energy is invoked but not used up, it leads to health problems and neuroses. I must say, that's the truth. I've always suffered from frequent headaches and only recently I managed to clear the head and spinal channels enough to keep them down. I have always felt the headaches as meridian-aches, precisely localized.

(19-07-2014 05:01 AM)morondog Wrote:  These are fun buzzwords to throw around, but I can't help feeling that if you'd lived a few centuries ago you'd have been high on something poisonous, attempting to turn lead into gold, and talking in terms of eye of the newt instead of the solar wind.
Well, I don't think I'm the type. You'd be right about 99 % of people with these outward signs, but not here.
I have this personality streak of pragmatism, desire to control reality, criticism and stubbornness. I pursue weird knowledge, but only to get my weird reality under control. All the weird stuff I write is merely what came out of interest in bodily sensations and health, the most basic, day-to-day thing there is. I don't think what you see is carelessness about reality. It's too much caring about reality, not just what is the common denominator of reality, but also the less common and personal denominators. Scientists aren't worried that reality can run away and hide if not seized, they are willing to take reality in one step at a time, like patient, disciplined bottom feeders. I'm not, I pursue everything and keep everything.

If I lived a few centuries ago, I wouldn't try to turn lead into gold. I might be open to the idea it's possible, but I'd also be against it. It would only make gold cheaper and purchasing power lesser, just like other methods of counterfeiting money. Gold is not valuable, or rather it is only as valuable as the actual amount of goods and services on the market. Increasing gold supply doesn't increase the amount of food or fertility of soil. You see, this kind of argument would appeal to me.

(19-07-2014 05:01 AM)morondog Wrote:  I don't have time right now to go through your links, to be honest I don't particularly have the inclination. But, it seems you are at least reading widely, although you are reading *woo*, which to my mind has zero value, but at least you are not being lazy (which is something that bugs the hell out of me when people talk of their pet theory - very often they have *no* background in what they spout off about and have made no effort to get that background)... I just think that you are *way* to quick to dismiss standard science because it doesn't support what you want it to.
Thank you for your honesty.

I'm not lazy about THAT, because it's personal. Imagine you had a cancer, you'd read everything about cancer. Imagine you were born with a night vision, you'd read everything about optics in human and animal eye. I was born with a weird sense of touch and whole body and surroundings perception. The more I read and practice, the more... useful it gets.

In my opinion, even woo has a value. Everything that actually speaks about the topic is better than science which says nothing about it.

(19-07-2014 05:01 AM)morondog Wrote:  I also think that despite reading widely you are trying to run before you can walk. You are saying that your experiments are super advanced but you are comfortable with a layman's understanding of electricity and the human body, despite that this is the exact area which your research covers. Real science doesn't go on vague understandings of theory. What if, using your layman's understanding, you do a whole series of experiments and make a lot of conclusions, and then take it to an expert and he says "but, things don't really work like that, that's just a useful short-cut that electricians use because it doesn't matter too much when you're fitting a plug socket"? It's a *huge risk* to do research that way...
You're spot-on about that. You see, to have personal success is very satisfying and in some sense rather demotivating. If you were a very fast runner, what would you do? Would you invest 10 years into becoming a medical expert on legs? Or would you go and fuckin' run? Anyway, there's no meaning in it. No higher moral meaning or virtue, I mean. 99,99% people in the world would see just another article in Scientific American. It would solve none of my or world's problems.
I'd love it if the dollar collapse was already in order, if governments ceased to be funded by us, the tax cattle, and if I had my emotions back in order, if I ever had. That would be very nice. Someone on the internet not believing me or me not having evidence... that's unpleasant, but it does not prevent me from this bioenergy hobby, because that's my bodily function. The world and I need virtue, not bodily functions. And I regret people are more concerned whether I have scientific evidence for the bodily functions of my nerve system, rather than about what is the good way to live our lives and have civilization.

It's very counter-intuitive. Frankly, I can not perform experiments, not in the sense of natural sciences, where observer, instrument and phenomenon are separate entities. I am the real thing, but that means I have almost no control.

Scientists try to isolate and reproduce some aspect of the "fire" in organism through electro-static charge and synthetic materials, which isn't as good, obviously. But scientist do it for a reason - to isolate the phenomenon and gain control over it. Yet if something is a very large network of phenomena in various manifestation that affect many areas of nature and human life, then isolating one aspect isn't just difficult, it's misleading. A practitioner like me should be there to discourage scientists from considering alternative hypotheses that tie the loose ends too fast.
Find all posts by this user
20-07-2014, 02:06 PM
(20-07-2014 02:03 PM)Luminon Wrote:  In my opinion, even woo has a value. Everything that actually speaks about the topic is better than science which says nothing about it.

Just no.

[Image: 10460641_10152556056601605_4002098760796904821_o.png]

Skepticism is not a position; it is an approach to claims.
Science is not a subject, but a method.
[Image: flagstiny%206.gif]
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
[+] 2 users Like Chas's post