The end is nigh!!

Thread Rating:
  • 1 Votes - 3 Average
20-07-2014, 09:18 AM
RE: The end is nigh!!
Meh, I'd travel to the places I want to see and just wait for the impact. I'd make sure I end up in some wine cellar in France... for medicinal purposes, of course. Drinking Beverage

A new type of thinking is essential if mankind is to survive and move to higher levels. ~ Albert Einstein
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
[+] 2 users Like kim's post
20-07-2014, 03:43 PM
I'd charge a Cadillac, find the biggest bag of refer I could, and drive to someplace I could witness the impact. My wife may not want to be there....so be it...she can go where ever she likes.

Truth does not demand belief. Scientists do not join hands every Sunday, singing, "Yes, gravity is real! I will have faith! I will be strong! I believe in my heart that what goes up, up, up must come down, down, down. Amen!" If they did, we would think they were pretty insecure about it.
-- Dan Barker
20-07-2014, 06:45 PM
I'd take a couple of days off from work and not only would I not ask permission in advance, I also would not deduct the time in our time keeping system.

Basically, I'd just turn into a non conformist rebel. Except I'd probably still check email. But only once a day, twice tops.

Shackle their minds when they're bent on the cross
When ignorance reigns, life is lost
[+] 4 users Like BnW's post
20-07-2014, 07:07 PM
(20-07-2014 06:45 PM)BnW Wrote:  I'd take a couple of days off from work and not only would I not ask permission in advance, I also would not deduct the time in our time keeping system.

Basically, I'd just turn into a non conformist rebel. Except I'd probably still check email. But only once a day, twice tops.
Gasp you rebel you! Tongue

I hope that the world turns, and things get better. But what I hope most of all is that you understand what I mean when I tell you that, even though I do not know you, and even though I may never meet you, laugh with you, cry with you, or kiss you, I love you. With all my heart, I love you. - V for Vendetta
[+] 1 user Likes Smercury44's post
20-07-2014, 07:51 PM
Three words, "La Grande Bouffe"

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/La_Grande_Bouffe

Humankind Dodgy (a total misnomer)
[+] 2 users Like aurora's post
20-07-2014, 08:12 PM
(20-07-2014 07:51 PM)aurora Wrote:  Three words, "La Grande Bouffe"

I first thought it was a group-sex thing. Big Grin
20-07-2014, 08:22 PM
Guess for me it would be road trip to see my dearest friend, it's been five years since I saw her last. Then a trip to SC to hug the grandkids after a sweep from Wisconsin through Chicago to see my sister and niece. Then to the beach...that's where I started, that's where I want it to end.

Of course this would all be after telling hubby this has been the most miserable two decades of my life.

See here they are the bruises some were self-inflicted and some showed up along the way. - JF

We're all mad here. The Cheshire Cat

Are my Chakras on straight?
[+] 3 users Like Anjele's post
20-07-2014, 08:23 PM
(20-07-2014 08:12 PM)pablo628 Wrote:  
(20-07-2014 07:51 PM)aurora Wrote:  Three words, "La Grande Bouffe"

I first thought it was a group-sex thing. Big Grin

Have you seen the film? Pretty funny (and weird) Smile

Humankind Dodgy (a total misnomer)
20-07-2014, 08:31 PM
(20-07-2014 08:23 PM)aurora Wrote:  
(20-07-2014 08:12 PM)pablo628 Wrote:  I first thought it was a group-sex thing. Big Grin

Have you seen the film? Pretty funny (and weird) Smile

I have not, but I probably will now. Smile
21-07-2014, 12:28 AM
IMO, It'd have be a fuck-off gigantic meteor to guarantee wiping out the human race. Anything less - there's 7 billion of us, we're spread all over the planet, and unlike other species who rely on a specific ecological niche we can make a plan. Civilization will take a hit but there's no way that all of us will die.

Since we get three weeks notice I think I'd occupy myself with some diligent hoarding and digging, and getting ahold of my parents and loved ones and making sure I made a plan with them.

Incidentally if there's a feeling that civ is gonna collapse I think money will immediately become totally worthless. We'll be back to might makes right and strong-arm tactics both immediately preceding the hit and after.

We'll love you just the way you are
If you're perfect -- Alanis Morissette
(06-02-2014 03:47 PM)Momsurroundedbyboys Wrote:  And I'm giving myself a conclusion again from all the facepalming.