The end times dilemma. A thought experiment.

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
28-04-2013, 11:10 PM
RE: The end times dilemma. A thought experiment.
(28-04-2013 11:42 AM)Rahn127 Wrote:  Here is a thought experiment for ya

Someone made this picture and saw the kid dressed up as Robin as an underachiever.

[Image: 401900_456597871081756_1739920115_n.jpg]

And yet he is the only one who realistically can achieve that goal because Robin is a little kid. He is the only one of the four who sees the reality of a round peg fitting in a round hole.
The others are wishful thinking at best.

This would be the same as having 3 obese guys dressed up as coast guard rescuers and 1 athletic guy dressed up as a beach lifeguard.

Much of religion and religious thought is the same way.
Not making the connections to reality and seeing those that do, as having a problem.

So, how do you see the picture ?

It depends on whether or not the boys who are dressing up as batman are doing so not because they think they are batman but rather because they want to become batman.

Since most children say " I'm batman" probably more often then " I want to be batman" then I can guess that this is the intent here. As such I'd say the boy who is Robin is being the most realistic of the four.

I want to say though that ( for this thread ) I could give a rats ass about how religious people think and behave in real life ( and I'm probably gonna get put into the quote thread with that one.) In fact, for this question, imagine that this is all taking place in another universe then ours.

Just an outsider looking inn.
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
28-04-2013, 11:28 PM
RE: The end times dilemma. A thought experiment.
(28-04-2013 12:31 PM)Atheist in Westeros Wrote:  As I recall from my religious time the Bible says plainly that no man shall no the hour of His coming. Seems rather plain. As I'm now an atheist I'd of course say I don't know when our species will meet its end. It will eventually one way or another after all.

The bible says many things, there are versus of Jesus saying that some here ( meaning disciples) will not die before the world ends.

Verily I say unto you, That there be some of them that stand here, which shall not taste of death, till they have seen the kingdom of God come with power. Mark 9:1

Just an outsider looking inn.
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply