The end times happening soon?

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
13-03-2014, 11:30 PM
RE: The end times happening soon?
(13-03-2014 04:27 PM)Revenant77x Wrote:  
(13-03-2014 04:01 PM)nach_in Wrote:  pfff bring it on! I survived at least three apocalypseses, they're not a big deal, you just have to gather some extra ice. Them drinks won't keep themselves cold

We had 3 last year. I am 25 for 25 on Ends of the world and counting.

It's outdated, but you get the point... Tongue

[Image: your-move-world.jpg]

[Image: GrumpyCat_01.gif]
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
[+] 1 user Likes EvolutionKills's post
13-03-2014, 11:31 PM
Another rapture forum quote, about waiting for the "rapture" to happen:

"It’s like when we’ve been given a certain amount of time to die."

Well, that just says it all, doesn't it. They are all just waiting to die...

[+] 1 user Likes Raptor Jesus's post
13-03-2014, 11:51 PM
(13-03-2014 11:31 PM)Raptor Jesus Wrote:  Another rapture forum quote, about waiting for the "rapture" to happen:

"It’s like when we’ve been given a certain amount of time to die."

Well, that just says it all, doesn't it. They are all just waiting to die...

Fucking hell, we're all waiting to die. Every second brings us closer to our deaths, no point in obsessing over it. I'd say they need to get laid, but some of them already have children...

I think they need kinkier sex, and more of it. Thumbsup

[+] 1 user Likes EvolutionKills's post
13-03-2014, 11:55 PM
I find it particularly telling because in the context of what the poster was saying they could have said, "It's like when we've been given a certain amount of time to LIVE" rather than "DIE"

But they still focused on dying over living, and that says so much about their thought process and outlook on life.

[+] 1 user Likes Raptor Jesus's post
14-03-2014, 12:11 AM
(13-03-2014 11:55 PM)Raptor Jesus Wrote:  I find it particularly telling because in the context of what the poster was saying they could have said, "It's like when we've been given a certain amount of time to LIVE" rather than "DIE"

But they still focused on dying over living, and that says so much about their thought process and outlook on life.

Maybe they're watching too much reality TV? Cause I can't sit through an entire episode of 'Here Comes Honey Boo-Boo' without seriously considering performing fellatio on a loaded shotgun...

14-03-2014, 12:36 AM
No, you guys have it right about eternity in heaven after death being the ultimate goal.
Here are some very predominant ideas (having come out of this myself) :

"Where your treasure is, there your heart will be also so store up treasures in heaven instead of here on Earth."
"To live is death, but to die is gain"
"The little discomforts we suffer here are nothing compared to the glory that will be ours when we get to Heaven"
"I'll have a new body without flaws, every tear will be wiped away, all pain will be gone"
.... and other similar things like with persecution and stuff like that.

The combined teachings instill a longing for death, after which Christians are to receive their glorified bodies, etc. The afterlife is a BIG teaching in Christianity. You guys already knew that though.
14-03-2014, 01:41 AM
(14-03-2014 12:36 AM)Charis Wrote:  No, you guys have it right about eternity in heaven after death being the ultimate goal.
Here are some very predominant ideas (having come out of this myself) :

"Where your treasure is, there your heart will be also so store up treasures in heaven instead of here on Earth."
"To live is death, but to die is gain"
"The little discomforts we suffer here are nothing compared to the glory that will be ours when we get to Heaven"
"I'll have a new body without flaws, every tear will be wiped away, all pain will be gone"
.... and other similar things like with persecution and stuff like that.

The combined teachings instill a longing for death, after which Christians are to receive their glorified bodies, etc. The afterlife is a BIG teaching in Christianity. You guys already knew that though.

It sure explains a lot of what happens in the political arena here in the states.

"Good news, everyone!"
-Cody
[+] 2 users Like Anudist's post
14-03-2014, 08:10 AM
(13-03-2014 02:38 PM)ThePaleolithicFreethinker Wrote:  It seems that either jesus is lazy and ignored the signs before, he doesn't care to come back, or he is not real.

Yet, just a week or so ago, the cashier at the cafeteria was certain that the flooding in California and other recent disasters were signs of the end times. I told her that there have always been disasters and we've just gotten better at reporting it. She agreed that we're better at that, but this stuff is totally more serious and she only needs to provide one example of something not even remotely epic.

(13-03-2014 02:42 PM)undergroundp Wrote:  Well, a classic, if enough centuries pass, it's not considered "big enough", and of course, we're so important that Jesus will come while we are around.

This is why I always snicker when they bring up some of the end time prophesies. The "wars and rumors of war" one always cracks me up. That prophesy was already coming true hundreds of years earlier in the Old Testament. That is so lazy and unimaginative.

Guys! We know Jesus will be coming soon because dogs are now barking, women are having babies, and the sky has turned blue! It's all coming to pass, just as predicted two thousand years ago!
[+] 4 users Like RobbyPants's post
14-03-2014, 05:09 PM
What is with Christians and Earthquakes?

My Grandmother and JW leaders claim there have been more earthquakes every year since 1914 and the bible called it...
14-03-2014, 05:15 PM
My question is...who cares? If the world ends today, or in 1000000 years...who gives a shit? lol
I don't get why Christians flail their arms about, in worry over this. Maybe they are worried because they have concocted a bs myth about heaven and hell, and I *guess* I'd be worried if I thought I might be spending *eternity* in a torturous bbq pit.

*sigh*

The beauty of the heart, is the lasting beauty. - Rumi Heart
[+] 1 user Likes Deidre32's post