The end times happening soon?

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
14-03-2014, 08:14 PM
RE: The end times happening soon?
Eschatology is one of the areas of theology that is in complete disarray. There are four positions, and Christians LOVE to argue about them, because nothing excites them more than the end of the world. They are:

Amillenialism, post millennialism, historic pre millennialism, and dispensational pre millennialism. All the cool edgy reformed Calvinist kids are amil. The fundies are disp premil with the rapture and antichrist, the most popular position since the 19th century. Post mil think the world will eventually be christianized.
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
[+] 3 users Like freetoreason's post
14-03-2014, 08:45 PM
(14-03-2014 08:14 PM)freetoreason Wrote:  Eschatology is one of the areas of theology that is in complete disarray.

Scatology on the other hand, is a real science. Thumbsup

As it was in the beginning is now and ever shall be, world without end. Amen.
And I will show you something different from either
Your shadow at morning striding behind you
Or your shadow at evening rising to meet you;
I will show you fear in a handful of dust.
14-03-2014, 08:50 PM
(14-03-2014 08:45 PM)GirlyMan Wrote:  
(14-03-2014 08:14 PM)freetoreason Wrote:  Eschatology is one of the areas of theology that is in complete disarray.

Somebody say scat?

... this is my signature!
[+] 1 user Likes cjlr's post
14-03-2014, 08:52 PM
(14-03-2014 08:45 PM)GirlyMan Wrote:  

[Image: Guilmon-41189.gif] ♪僕は恐怖の一定した状態に住んで、不幸、逃すもう?僕は、それはもう痛いときも気づかないと
[+] 1 user Likes Metazoa Zeke's post
14-03-2014, 08:54 PM
(14-03-2014 08:52 PM)ThePaleolithicFreethinker Wrote:  
(14-03-2014 08:45 PM)GirlyMan Wrote:  Scatology on the other hand, is a real science. Thumbsup

Dodgy

"Video not available in my country"

... this is my signature!
14-03-2014, 08:56 PM
(14-03-2014 08:54 PM)cjlr Wrote:  
(14-03-2014 08:52 PM)ThePaleolithicFreethinker Wrote:  

Dodgy

"Video not available in my country"

WeepingLaughat

[Image: Guilmon-41189.gif] ♪僕は恐怖の一定した状態に住んで、不幸、逃すもう?僕は、それはもう痛いときも気づかないと
14-03-2014, 10:04 PM
(14-03-2014 06:36 PM)RobbyPants Wrote:  
(14-03-2014 05:09 PM)Bible Belt Brawler Wrote:  What is with Christians and Earthquakes?

My Grandmother and JW leaders claim there have been more earthquakes every year since 1914 and the bible called it...

Tell them it's because we have instruments that can detect that stuff real well, now. Do you know how many earthquakes there are a day in Alaska? 50 - 100. A lot of these register quite low on the Richter scale, and humans can't feel a 3.0.

We're not having more. We can just detect it better. There's no reason to believe there were fewer back then. The burden of proof is on them to back that up.

(14-03-2014 05:15 PM)Deidre32 Wrote:  My question is...who cares? If the world ends today, or in 1000000 years...who gives a shit? lol
I don't get why Christians flail their arms about, in worry over this.

They're worried they didn't make the cut and missed the rapture. Fundies who believe in the rapture can be pretty creepy. Especially when they make their seven-your-old-son watch a bunch of Left Behind garbage. What? That didn't happen to all of you, too? Tongue

thanks! I'll use that if it comes back up.
14-03-2014, 11:00 PM
Let' see...fundie shitheads claim that before any of their precious bullshit happens the anti-christ...sounds like a cool dude...or at least cooler than fucking jesus... has to form a one-world government but he has to rebuild the temple so, until that happens it looks as if the jesus freaks are shit-outta-luck.

[Image: reality.jpg?imgmax=800]
[+] 1 user Likes Minimalist's post
15-03-2014, 01:14 AM
(14-03-2014 07:41 PM)nach_in Wrote:  
(14-03-2014 05:28 PM)Charis Wrote:  Because in Christian eschatology (depending on which version you subscribe to) the world doesn't simply come to an end. Supposedly, politics, natural disasters, etc are supposed to ratchet up to a very intense degree. Nations will be in turmoil, someone called the Antichrist will come on the scene and bring about a (false) peace with Israel and the rest of the world. After a short amount of time, (usually believed to be 3.5 yrs) he will betray Israel and turn against that country, all the Jews and all the Christians and will ultimately start executing anyone who does not pay fealty to him, especially Jews and Christians. Basically a global dictatorship.

MEANWHILE, plagues from God will be taking place. These plagues are commonly referred to as the Four Horsemen of the Apocalypse, the Vial Judgements and the Bowl Judgements. Supernatural events besides these are said to become very obvious to the point that nobody will have any excuse for not seeing that God is real... they will have to either consciously accept or reject him.

This will eventually culminate in the 2nd coming of Jesus... and he won't be a sacrifice that time. He will slaughter. He will then set up a 1000 yr reign on this earth (over believers and some non-believers) and then after that 1000 yr reign will destroy this version of creation and re-create everything. And then the Great White Throne Judgement, when everyone living and dead (the dead will be raised) is brought before Jesus and the unbelievers are cast into the lake of fire.

There are some variations regarding the order of stuff, but that's a synopsis of why all the hype.

Right now, you'll see them looking for the "signs of the times" which are also mentioned in the Bible, and this could be any combination of things which would seem to set the stage for said events. There's a lot more that goes into it, but that's it in a nutshell.

lol you said eschatology

Yes. #1 defines what I mean there.
http://www.merriam-webster.com/dictionary/eschatology