The end times prophecy debunking thread.

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
15-04-2014, 04:17 PM
The end times prophecy debunking thread.
Okay after hearing about the Hunter's moon I want to start out with that. Points

A. There have been thousands of hunters moons

B. If that is the case it is no surprise that old savages could write about it

C. That would mean that the hunters moon is a horrible prediction, as anybody can use it as a prediction, meaning that there doesn't need to be a supernatural force to prove it is real.

I have made this thread so that you can vent off and debunk other stupid end times prophecies from any religion.

[Image: Guilmon-41189.gif] https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCOW_Ioi2wtuPa88FvBmnBgQ my youtube
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
15-04-2014, 05:01 PM
RE: The end times prophecy debunking thread.
(15-04-2014 04:17 PM)ThePaleolithicFreethinker Wrote:  Okay after hearing about the Hunter's moon I want to start out with that. Points

C. That would mean that the hunters moon is a horrible prediction, as anybody can use it as a prediction, meaning that there doesn't need to be a supernatural force to prove it is real.

I have made this thread so that you can vent off and debunk other stupid end times prophecies from any religion.

Isn't the hunters moon in early fall?

The Blood Moon of last night (the 14th) was supposed to be "the end" because it fell on a Jewish holiday and guess what, there are going to be three more blood moons this year. Oooooooo. It's sooo scarry. I'm terrified. Girl_nails

Shakespeare's Comedy of Errors.... on Donald J. Trump:

He is deformed, crooked, old, and sere,
Ill-fac’d, worse bodied, shapeless every where;
Vicious, ungentle, foolish, blunt, unkind,
Stigmatical in making, worse in mind.
15-04-2014, 05:02 PM
(15-04-2014 05:01 PM)dancefortwo Wrote:  
(15-04-2014 04:17 PM)ThePaleolithicFreethinker Wrote:  Okay after hearing about the Hunter's moon I want to start out with that. Points

Isn't the hunters moon in early fall?

The Blood Moon of last night (the 14th) was supposed to be "the end" because it fell on a Jewish holiday and guess what, there are going to be three more blood moons this year. Oooooooo. It's sooo scarry. I'm terrified. Girl_nails

Well I looked up blood moon and it ended up being called a hunters moon.

[Image: Guilmon-41189.gif] https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCOW_Ioi2wtuPa88FvBmnBgQ my youtube
15-04-2014, 06:42 PM
(15-04-2014 05:02 PM)ThePaleolithicFreethinker Wrote:  
(15-04-2014 05:01 PM)dancefortwo Wrote:  Isn't the hunters moon in early fall?

Well I looked up blood moon and it ended up being called a hunters moon.

That's odd... Hunter's Moon is just a name given to a certain Full Moon in the year.

All the Full Moons of the year are (depending on which end of the month they occur).

January - Winter Moon, Wolf Moon
February - Snow Moon, Hunger Moon
March - Lenten Moon, Crow Moon
April - Egg Moon, Planter's Moon
May - Milk Moon, Flower Moon
June - Rose Moon, Strawberry Moon
July - Thunder Moon, Hay Moon
August - Green Corn Moon, Grain Moon
September - Harvest Moon, Fruit Moon
October - Hunter's Moon, Falling Leaves Moon
November - Freezing Moon, Frosty Moon
December - Christmas Moon, Long Night Moon

From 'Patrick Moore - On The Moon'

[img]

via GIPHY

[/img]
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
15-04-2014, 10:56 PM
The stupid surrounding the four blood moons is that they each fall on a day in the jewish calendar that has some significance. The fact that the jewish calendar is luni-solar calendar is completely ignored.

It is rare to have 4 lunar eclipses in such a short period, but statistically it was bound to happen.

The fact that it could be predicted with 100% certainty should point out that it isn't a sign, but then religion does not engender logical thinking.

The requirement of evidence to back your claim does not disappear because it hurts your feelings, reality does not care about your feefees.
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
[+] 2 users Like Blackhand293's post
16-04-2014, 08:26 AM
I have a friend on facebook, deeply religious, who posted a story and made a few comments about the "blood moon" and the supposed biblical prophecy around it.

I tried posting a link to space.com about eclipse, and even made an observation about how I found it amusing that so many websites seem to enjoy linking doomsday predictions to astronomical events. It was completely ignored. *lol* She even said that she believed it was a "sign from God."

"Because I have a right to be heard... I have a voice!"
16-04-2014, 09:43 AM
(16-04-2014 08:26 AM)September Wrote:  I have a friend on facebook, deeply religious, who posted a story and made a few comments about the "blood moon" and the supposed biblical prophecy around it.

I tried posting a link to space.com about eclipse, and even made an observation about how I found it amusing that so many websites seem to enjoy linking doomsday predictions to astronomical events. It was completely ignored. *lol* She even said that she believed it was a "sign from God."

I really enjoy these doomsday people. I find them very amusing. When the predicted time for the world to end doesn't actually happen it's quite entertaining.
You'd think that somehow these prophecy doomsdayer religious nuts would realize after the umteenth failed doomsday that maybe, just maybe this is all stupid. But no, they seem to keep on believing this crap and even search for another doomsday sign. I think it's a form of mass hysteria with some added insanity in the mix. Fun to watch though.

Shakespeare's Comedy of Errors.... on Donald J. Trump:

He is deformed, crooked, old, and sere,
Ill-fac’d, worse bodied, shapeless every where;
Vicious, ungentle, foolish, blunt, unkind,
Stigmatical in making, worse in mind.
16-04-2014, 09:59 AM
(16-04-2014 09:43 AM)dancefortwo Wrote:  
(16-04-2014 08:26 AM)September Wrote:  I have a friend on facebook, deeply religious, who posted a story and made a few comments about the "blood moon" and the supposed biblical prophecy around it.

I really enjoy these doomsday people. I find them very amusing. When the predicted time for the world to end doesn't actually happen it's quite entertaining.
You'd think that somehow these prophecy doomsdayer religious nuts would realize after the umteenth failed doomsday that maybe, just maybe this is all stupid. But no, they seem to keep on believing this crap and even search for another doomsday sign. I think it's a form of mass hysteria with some added insanity in the mix. Fun to watch though.

It seems like more for fame and fortune for me. "Oh the world is going to end because of so and so, buy my book and watch me on t.v to hear about my prophecy that makes little sense but doesn't matter because you believe in it and you will buy my book and give me money."

"If you keep trying to better yourself that's enough for me. We don't decide which hand we are dealt in life, but we make the decision to play it or fold it" - Nishi Karano Kaze
[+] 1 user Likes JDog554's post