The end times.

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
02-11-2014, 05:10 PM
RE: The end times.
(02-11-2014 05:07 PM)Revenant77x Wrote:  slow cooker swiss steak with homemade mashed potatos and a side of peas & carrots.

My mum was talking about slow cookers last time I saw her. She had just tried some slow cooked meat when visiting a friend of hers and apparently it was really nice.

I found when cooking meat that I like to have the heat really low on the hob to keep it tender so I can imagine why a proper slow cooker would work. Saying that I used to also partially cook meat by leaving it in wine for two days beforehand.
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
02-11-2014, 05:11 PM
(02-11-2014 05:02 PM)Fodder_From_The_Truth Wrote:  Instead of feeding the troll who has clearly found his new bait topic, I suggest we all share what we had for our latest meal.

I enjoyed a bacon cheeseburger with all the fixins and tater tots. The tots were pretty awful but the burger was a bit of alright.

I had pumpkin flavored pancakes with bacon and scrambled eggs, and they were all delicious. Yes

Popcorn I put more thought into fiction than theists put into reality.
[+] 1 user Likes CleverUsername's post
02-11-2014, 05:12 PM
Last meal was breakfast. I cooked up an awesome breakfast yesterday so I took this morning off. Had me a bacon egg and cheese mcgriddles and a BEC bagel from McFatties. Hash brown of course and washed it down with a tall glass of OJ.

I'm not huge on McDonald's food, but their breakfast is a guilty pleasure of mine. Angel

But now I have come to believe that the whole world is an enigma, a harmless enigma that is made terrible by our own mad attempt to interpret it as though it had an underlying truth.

~ Umberto Eco
02-11-2014, 05:14 PM
We haven't actually cooked a meal since Thursday. And we've been working hard in the garden splitting logs, sawing branches and digging up tree stumps. I've mainly been surviving on toast and grazing on other stuff like cheese, ham and chocolate.
02-11-2014, 05:15 PM
God damn Rev that sounds tasty!
02-11-2014, 05:21 PM
(02-11-2014 05:10 PM)Mathilda Wrote:  
(02-11-2014 05:07 PM)Revenant77x Wrote:  slow cooker swiss steak with homemade mashed potatos and a side of peas & carrots.

My mum was talking about slow cookers last time I saw her. She had just tried some slow cooked meat when visiting a friend of hers and apparently it was really nice.

I found when cooking meat that I like to have the heat really low on the hob to keep it tender so I can imagine why a proper slow cooker would work. Saying that I used to also partially cook meat by leaving it in wine for two days beforehand.

Slow cookers are really good for braising so pick your meat accordingly. One thing I do quite often is put in boneless pork loin with just a splash of liquid (depending on the recipe could be wine or broth) and let it render down.

(31-07-2014 04:37 PM)Luminon Wrote:  America is full of guns, but they're useless, because nobody has the courage to shoot an IRS agent in self-defense
[+] 1 user Likes Revenant77x's post
02-11-2014, 05:21 PM
1. Geological activity has always had up and down points in its history. Same thing goes for weather patterns, warming and cooling cycles. While it is true that global warming is being dangerous accelerated by human interference, we can still do something about that. Geological activity is no reason to think we are going to parish any time soon. We have lived through times a lot worst and a lot more active.

2. Ebola is nothing more then the latest string in a VERY long line of disease that we have faced and are facing. Big deal. Ebola is not winning anything. The people in West Africa live in dirty, unsanitary close quarters and are coming into contact with the infected body fluids. The people in the US that are sick also came into contact. We have the medicine with a very possible cure for Ebola not too far ahead of us. Stop your whinning.

3. So what if NC invades the south? who cares?

4. Isis is not invading the world. They are invading small territories in the middle east and they will be dealt with like everypony else that does what they are doing. No group lead by terror lasts for long. History has taught us this many times.

My Youtube channel if anyone is interested.
https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCEkRdbq...rLEz-0jEHQ
02-11-2014, 05:22 PM
Leftover Halloween CandyBig Grin

"I don't have to have faith, I have experience." Joseph Campbell
[+] 4 users Like grizzlysnake's post
02-11-2014, 05:25 PM
Heathen, McDirties can only be described as a guilty pleasure...but their breakfast isn't as bad as the rest of that crap they serve. Braums breakfast is exponentially better.
[+] 1 user Likes Fodder_From_The_Truth's post
02-11-2014, 05:36 PM
(02-11-2014 04:43 PM)diddo97 Wrote:  Geological activity is increasing, Ebola is winning, North Korea is preparing to invade south korea, ISIS is invading the world

Weeping

Diddo, you're about 15 or 16 years old. You have no perspective to compare things to. Take a look at the Middle Ages when the Black Death killed off 1/4 the of the worlds population. Actually it might even have been more, closer to 1/3 rd of the worlds population. Plagues have ravaged mankind for centuries. According to some estimates, the Spanish Flu during WW I and 1918 killed 50 to 100 million people. My great uncle was one of them. He was a medic during WW I.

Look at the American Civil War. Six hundred thousand people died in that five year war. (Thats 600,000!) I had a couple of relatives who died in that war too. (Fought for the North) The Native American Indians were almost entirely wiped out from disease brought over by white people. I could go on and on.

The biggest thing we have going for us is SCIENCE. Through science we have managed to combat most diseases and plagues. Sometimes it takes time to figure out how the virus works or how it spreads but science almost always gets a handle on it especially with the recent understanding of DNA and genetic biology.

Also, people have been invading other countries for thousands of years. Nothing new there. This isn't the end times.....it's just regular ol' times.

Damn girl, get a grip on yourself.

Shakespeare's Comedy of Errors.... on Donald J. Trump:

He is deformed, crooked, old, and sere,
Ill-fac’d, worse bodied, shapeless every where;
Vicious, ungentle, foolish, blunt, unkind,
Stigmatical in making, worse in mind.
[+] 1 user Likes dancefortwo's post