The entropic conjecture of Gwynnite.

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
21-09-2015, 10:38 AM (This post was last modified: 21-09-2015 01:35 PM by houseofcantor.)

Yeah, here we go Laugh out load

Bear with me, if you will. Did you ever hear the one that goes, in order to make an apple pie from scratch, first you must create the universe? I was thinking what if we take this in smaller chunks. For instance, Einstein... Big Grin

Come on, I wouldn't be "officially" spouting pseudoscientific crap if I didn't bring Einstein into it. Anyway... to get to E=mc^2, you'd have to use the work of an agricultural society to build a civilization, the work of its attendant workers, the food they consume, the food consumed by the societal support structure; on and on to where you get to a sufficiently advanced technological culture wise enough to even seriously make such a conjecture as equivalence.

How much food does all that take?

But once the structure is in place, you print books and teach a class.

How much food does that take? I'm thinking a fuckload less. Also, the universe is 13.82 billion years old while still having a very large percentage of its original hydrogen still available to make new stuff. For that reason I consider this conjecture a form of entropic conservation, but I changed that up to avoid confusion with extant conservation laws.

My point is that maybe the universe does have a purpose, to "conserve entropy." That entropy is the meaning of life. That we could expect intelligent life to be exceedingly rare due to original investment costs. That left to itself the inorganic naturally tends to the organic. That any god peeking out of the gaps in our ability to measure is the song of entropy entropizing.

OK. I gowaynow. Blush

living word
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
[+] 3 users Like houseofcantor's post
21-09-2015, 01:33 PM
RE: The entropic conjecture of Gwynnite.
This is better woo than most of the woo we get around here.
Find all posts by this user
[+] 2 users Like Grasshopper's post
21-09-2015, 10:06 PM
Woo with food is good. Most woo omits that. But where's the fragrance here? Woo ain't woo unless there's a stench. Facepalm
[+] 1 user Likes Airportkid's post
21-09-2015, 10:16 PM
(21-09-2015 10:06 PM)Airportkid Wrote:  Woo with food is good. Most woo omits that. But where's the fragrance here? Woo ain't woo unless there's a stench. Facepalm

The stench comes after it's been fully digested. Woopoo Laughat
[+] 1 user Likes 7R0MM3L's post
21-09-2015, 10:55 PM
(21-09-2015 10:38 AM)houseofcantor Wrote:  The entropic conjecture of Gwynnite.

Yeah, here we go Laugh out load

Bear with me, if you will. Did you ever hear the one that goes, in order to make an apple pie from scratch, first you must create the universe? I was thinking what if we take this in smaller chunks. For instance, Einstein... Big Grin

Come on, I wouldn't be "officially" spouting pseudoscientific crap if I didn't bring Einstein into it. Anyway... to get to E=mc^2, you'd have to use the work of an agricultural society to build a civilization, the work of its attendant workers, the food they consume, the food consumed by the societal support structure; on and on to where you get to a sufficiently advanced technological culture wise enough to even seriously make such a conjecture as equivalence.

How much food does all that take?

But once the structure is in place, you print books and teach a class.

How much food does that take? I'm thinking a fuckload less. Also, the universe is 13.82 billion years old while still having a very large percentage of its original hydrogen still available to make new stuff. For that reason I consider this conjecture a form of entropic conservation, but I changed that up to avoid confusion with extant conservation laws.

My point is that maybe the universe does have a purpose, to "conserve entropy." That entropy is the meaning of life. That we could expect intelligent life to be exceedingly rare due to original investment costs. That left to itself the inorganic naturally tends to the organic. That any god peeking out of the gaps in our ability to measure is the song of entropy entropizing.

OK. I gowaynow. Blush

Yabut... Would you put it in your vaginal steam-douche? Consider

[Image: E3WvRwZ.gif]
[+] 1 user Likes EvolutionKills's post
22-09-2015, 02:42 AM
(21-09-2015 10:55 PM)EvolutionKills Wrote:  Yabut... Would you put it in your vaginal steam-douche? Consider

[Image: Uj8ZW9M.jpg]

But a god even more famously absurd than her prophet, ain't really hurting my case. Besides, she's adorable. Heart

living word
[+] 2 users Like houseofcantor's post
22-09-2015, 04:19 AM
(21-09-2015 10:06 PM)Airportkid Wrote:  Woo with food is good. Most woo omits that. But where's the fragrance here? Woo ain't woo unless there's a stench. Facepalm

But this is your conceptually superior, intelligently designed, whiff-free woo.

Drinking Beverage

[+] 2 users Like DLJ's post
22-09-2015, 04:29 AM
Entro-pee in the shower...

We'll love you just the way you are
If you're perfect -- Alanis Morissette
(06-02-2014 03:47 PM)Momsurroundedbyboys Wrote:  And I'm giving myself a conclusion again from all the facepalming.
[+] 1 user Likes morondog's post
22-09-2015, 04:29 AM
The intelligence in the design comes from the refining forge of accepting criticism, skepticism, and ridicule as elements of reevaluation to be incorporated into the conjecture's evolution. Next up - chemical intelligence. Laugh out load

living word
[+] 2 users Like houseofcantor's post
22-09-2015, 10:21 PM
Why are you only taking into consideration the food consumed by humans? Didn't humanity require evolution of innumerable predecessors (who also likely ate stuff)?

He's not the Messiah. He's a very naughty boy! -Brian's mum
[+] 1 user Likes Cardinal Smurf's post