The event around the corner

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
10-05-2012, 02:22 PM
The event around the corner
We get advertisements and other religious stuff with out mail on a regular basis but never has it been a reason, for me, to tell the forum about it.
A few days ago we got the most stupid, bulls***tiest, advertisement and I want to tell you about it.
So it is about an event in Croke Park, Dublin (that said, we are talking about Ireland).
Croke Park is big stadium and normally there are sports events. but this time we got invited for some proper brainwashing, free of charge and you can get a free bottle of "the Holy Oil of Israel".
You have a coupon and to receive a bottle you have to call a number to "reserve your bottle" and the coupon itself, that you will hand over to get the bottle, has a field for the name and the mobile number. Isn't it great?

Now it is not secret that I am allergic to bible quotes, so of course having one side of the advertisement full of bible quotes pisses me off.
But what is even worse is the other side giving you little stories about people who found god, totally clichee.

This annoys me so much.
Not only the fact that it has been brought to this house without us asking for it, but also the amount!! we got a whole stack of about 25 of these. In this house are 7 apartments, count us out because we are atheists, so there are 6. The hack? So that day, I brought one home because I wanted to show it to my hun and because I wanted to write about it here (which I am doing now) and he asked: "Why didn't you bring them all, we could have thrown them away." And first I said that maybe the others want to be brainwashed but actually he has a point. If I can, with such a small gesture, have one house less, go to a huge brainwashing event, I am doing it. And so I did. I took them, I threw them in the trash.

And now, before everyone goes "You can't decide that for others! Who do you think you are" and all that bs.
Sorry? How then can some random religious company come to OUR door and give us their shit? If they have a right to do that, then I, as someone living here, have a right to throw it away. Wrong house for that stuff! Please waste your cash in another house or live with me throwing it right into the trash can.

Now I am going to show you the pictures of the flyer. They are links so it is not automatically resized and therefore still readable. Sorry for the flash, didn't use my own camera and the one that I used did not listen to my commands Big Grin
the coupon
one side
other side
and here for having a sniff around the organisation behind it UCKG

"Freedom is the freedom to say that 2+2=4" - George Orwell (in 1984)
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
10-05-2012, 02:31 PM
RE: The event around the corner
I hate how religion has to use cheap marketing tactics. Next it will be buy one Christ and get another half off or free childcare (with conversion) by Catholic Priests!

It doesn't surprise me that religion is much like most marketing. Of course with religion, you don't get anything back at all.

"Mankind must put an end to war, or war will put an end to mankind." -John F Kennedy

The way to see by Faith is to shut the eye of Reason.” -Benjamin Franklin

It has been a long time. How have you been?
Find all posts by this user
10-05-2012, 03:21 PM
I wonder what it would be like to cook with Holy Oil. Or should one use it for sexual practices? Hm...could be you and Mal are missing out on some fun! Consider

It was just a fucking apple man, we're sorry okay? Please stop the madness Laugh out load
~Izel
10-05-2012, 03:27 PM
There we go with the misery loves company stuff... and Eric, you need to get laid. Seriously. Big Grin

[Image: klingon_zps7e68578a.jpg]
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
[+] 1 user Likes houseofcantor's post
10-05-2012, 03:33 PM
It's too late for me. Save yourselves!

It was just a fucking apple man, we're sorry okay? Please stop the madness Laugh out load
~Izel
10-05-2012, 03:37 PM
(10-05-2012 03:33 PM)Erxomai Wrote:  It's too late for me. Save yourselves!
[Image: happy-jesus.jpg]

[Image: dog-shaking.gif]
[+] 2 users Like kingschosen's post
10-05-2012, 04:17 PM
I don't know, seems legit to me. Thanks to the Holy Oil, she has no mind. Shy

Attached File(s) Thumbnail(s)

A new type of thinking is essential if mankind is to survive and move to higher levels. ~ Albert Einstein
[+] 2 users Like kim's post
10-05-2012, 04:38 PM

As utterly repulsive as this seems now, do bear in mind that it's been going on for centuries. One of the main reasons for the Protestant Reformation was the selling of indulgences by the Catholic Church (you could buy these to shorten the period of time a loved one spent in purgatory).

But do keep in mind that Jesus literally committed aggravated battery on the people selling such stuff in the temple, during his time.

Not that it's made any difference, apparently.

I have this theory that when Jesus was hanging on the Cross and said, "My God, my God, why have you forsaken me." That what was really happening is that God simply gave up on the whole mission of Jesus Christ. Jesus went back to heaven, or his lucid spiritual plane, and they just chalked his whole incarnation up as a lesson learned.

What is my evidence? Little crosses filled with blessed holy oil from Israel.

What's interesting to me, though, is why an atheist is so outraged by it. I don't mean that you shouldn't be, what I mean is that how do you deny that part in you that wants to get a bullwhip and do exactly what Jesus did? Where does righteous anger come from?

Quote this message in a reply
11-05-2012, 07:25 AM
Ah, yes - the inevitable "Give" link.

WTF is "Holy Oil of Israel?"

And WTF is "GOD DNA?"
[Image: ireland-waterfall-80x65.jpg]
BORN OF GODBorn of God - For those who want to have GOD DNA inside

We have enough youth. How about looking for the Fountain of Smart?
11-05-2012, 10:16 AM
It is all pure marketing and no surprise at any level.

They are selling:
  • Life-after-death
  • See grandma again
  • See your dog again
  • Feel better about yourself because god forgives you for being a jackass to other prople
  • You get to watch you kids live out there lives after you die (the physical death)

With only 10% of your salary you too can never die.

The old gods are dead, let's invent some new ones before something really bad happens.