The ever widening gap between the rich and poor

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
24-01-2015, 04:35 PM
RE: The ever widening gap between the rich and poor
(24-01-2015 03:47 PM)Jack_Ripper Wrote:  Name a product that was manufactured with no pollution or use of energy.

This doesn't begin to address the who 'substantiation' thing, dude.

Under this qualifier, everything humans do is deemed 'capitalistic' and part of all environmental problems, whether or not that is the case; subsistence farmers are suddenly plopped in with manufacturing magnates, despite the obvious difference in the nature of their respective ventures.

The people closely associated with the namesake of female canines are suffering from a nondescript form of lunacy.
"Anti-environmentalism is like standing in front of a forest and going 'quick kill them they're coming right for us!'" - Jake Farr-Wharton, The Imaginary Friend Show.
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
[+] 1 user Likes Free Thought's post
24-01-2015, 04:44 PM
(24-01-2015 04:12 PM)Jack_Ripper Wrote:  First show me a country that's not capitalist.

I might be inclined to do so but first I'd like to see your definition of capitalism. Correction. I'd like to see you present the actual definition of capitalism. I get the feeling your definition is far too broad.
24-01-2015, 04:46 PM
(24-01-2015 03:53 PM)Jack_Ripper Wrote:  The Soviets were as capitalist as we are. The Soviets saved money by not building a containment dome around their reactor. Thus could funnel more money into other parts of their economy like weapons development. So they could peddle their Arms around the world just like us.

It wouldn't matter if it was Commies, anarchists, or capitalists doing the manufacturing. Drinking Beverage

Skepticism is not a position; it is an approach to claims.
Science is not a subject, but a method.
[Image: flagstiny%206.gif]
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
24-01-2015, 06:17 PM
(24-01-2015 04:46 PM)Chas Wrote:  
(24-01-2015 03:53 PM)Jack_Ripper Wrote:  The Soviets were as capitalist as we are. The Soviets saved money by not building a containment dome around their reactor. Thus could funnel more money into other parts of their economy like weapons development. So they could peddle their Arms around the world just like us.

It wouldn't matter if it was Commies, anarchists, or capitalists doing the manufacturing. Drinking Beverage

Indeed.

Shockingly, actions have consequences regardless of the ideological bent of the actors.

... this is my signature!
[+] 2 users Like cjlr's post
24-01-2015, 06:25 PM
That's why we are here man. Take down the vaulted and unjustly accepted group agenda. You know.. because that's how we do it. I guess we are failures in the eyes of your type and the ones like Trainwreck because we aren't organized in some unified force.

"Allow there to be a spectrum in all that you see" - Neil Degrasse Tyson
24-01-2015, 06:51 PM
I don't know how you can equate a subsistence farmer with a corporation that imports millions of tons of pure garbage every year. I know I own a small farm. There is no comparison when it comes to the environmental impact of the two.But I understand you have to try justifying it. All my senses tell me capitalism is corrupting in nature. It has destroyed and corrupted every form of government and civilization with greed. It's even worse than religion. The so called western democracies are nothing but puppets for corporate greed.
24-01-2015, 06:58 PM
(24-01-2015 06:51 PM)Jack_Ripper Wrote:  I don't know how you can equate a subsistence farmer with a corporation that imports millions of tons of pure garbage every year. I know I own a small farm. There is no comparison when it comes to the environmental impact of the two.But I understand you have to try justifying it. All my senses tell me capitalism is corrupting in nature. It has destroyed and corrupted every form of government and civilization with greed. It's even worse than religion. The so called western democracies are nothing but puppets for corporate greed.

You keep saying "you". Precisely whom are you addressing?

That smaller and larger actions have correspondingly smaller and larger consequences is an incredibly trivial observation.

... this is my signature!
24-01-2015, 10:04 PM
(24-01-2015 06:51 PM)Jack_Ripper Wrote:  I don't know how you can equate a subsistence farmer with a corporation that imports millions of tons of pure garbage every year. I know I own a small farm. There is no comparison when it comes to the environmental impact of the two.But I understand you have to try justifying it. All my senses tell me capitalism is corrupting in nature. It has destroyed and corrupted every form of government and civilization with greed. It's even worse than religion. The so called western democracies are nothing but puppets for corporate greed.

No one equated them. You talked about manufacturing - that's an activity, not an ideology.

Skepticism is not a position; it is an approach to claims.
Science is not a subject, but a method.
[Image: flagstiny%206.gif]
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
24-01-2015, 10:59 PM
(24-01-2015 04:44 PM)Drunkin Druid Wrote:  
(24-01-2015 04:12 PM)Jack_Ripper Wrote:  First show me a country that's not capitalist.

I might be inclined to do so but first I'd like to see your definition of capitalism. Correction. I'd like to see you present the actual definition of capitalism. I get the feeling your definition is far too broad.
I have a feeling you definition is far to narrow.
24-01-2015, 11:01 PM
(24-01-2015 04:46 PM)Chas Wrote:  

I never said it did I was referring to the Chernobyl comment.