The ever widening gap between the rich and poor

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
24-01-2015, 11:06 PM
RE: The ever widening gap between the rich and poor
(24-01-2015 06:58 PM)cjlr Wrote:  
(24-01-2015 06:51 PM)Jack_Ripper Wrote:  I don't know how you can equate a subsistence farmer with a corporation that imports millions of tons of pure garbage every year. I know I own a small farm. There is no comparison when it comes to the environmental impact of the two.But I understand you have to try justifying it. All my senses tell me capitalism is corrupting in nature. It has destroyed and corrupted every form of government and civilization with greed. It's even worse than religion. The so called western democracies are nothing but puppets for corporate greed.

You keep saying "you". Precisely whom are you addressing?

That smaller and larger actions have correspondingly smaller and larger consequences is an incredibly trivial observation.
It's obvious who I'm addressing.
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
24-01-2015, 11:55 PM
The American people accept an inflationary ponzi scheme as business as usual. Every time it starts to collapse which is inevitable by the way, the puppet masters just get their puppets to print more money.
The whole thing is criminal. But we all know what happens when too few aquire to much. It always ends in revolution. Look at every society that has had revolution, the greed of a select few was the catalyst in almost every case.
But most westerners are pacified with their cheap consumer goods their Iphones and shitty cars that are designed to fall apart to do anything about it.
I guess I'll never understand what drives people to always want more no matter how much they already have. I believe people are conditioned to think this way I don't believe it's Innate.
But it's going to take a major shift in thinking and what we as as a species put value on to change the current status quo.
I hope it happens in my lifetime, but I doubt it.
25-01-2015, 04:20 AM
Hey guys; just a head up; he was talking to me with the following post... Just sayin'..

(24-01-2015 06:51 PM)Jack_Ripper Wrote:  I don't know how you can equate a subsistence farmer with a corporation that imports millions of tons of pure garbage every year. I know I own a small farm. There is no comparison when it comes to the environmental impact of the two.But I understand you have to try justifying it. All my senses tell me capitalism is corrupting in nature. It has destroyed and corrupted every form of government and civilization with greed. It's even worse than religion. The so called western democracies are nothing but puppets for corporate greed.

I don't know how you fail to see the connection, especially if you own a farm.

In defence your your "capitalism is the root of all environmental ills" hypothesis, you stated:
"Name a product that was manufactured with no pollution or use of energy."

In my answer, I simply noted that under the your created qualifier (see quote), subsistence farms are lumped with manufacture as capitalistic enviro-evil since they both require energy and create pollutant by-products in the process of production.

Your qualifier/defence failed to include anything specifying things like yield or environmental impact as components of consideration; all you did was make a vast-sweeping challenge to prove one thing and without considering exactly what the challenge demanded.

The people closely associated with the namesake of female canines are suffering from a nondescript form of lunacy.
"Anti-environmentalism is like standing in front of a forest and going 'quick kill them they're coming right for us!'" - Jake Farr-Wharton, The Imaginary Friend Show.
25-01-2015, 07:17 AM
(24-01-2015 10:59 PM)Jack_Ripper Wrote:  
(24-01-2015 04:44 PM)Drunkin Druid Wrote:  I might be inclined to do so but first I'd like to see your definition of capitalism. Correction. I'd like to see you present the actual definition of capitalism. I get the feeling your definition is far too broad.
I have a feeling you definition is far to narrow.

No. I don't have a definition. The dictionary does.
25-01-2015, 04:13 PM
(24-01-2015 11:06 PM)Jack_Ripper Wrote:  
(24-01-2015 06:58 PM)cjlr Wrote:  You keep saying "you". Precisely whom are you addressing?

That smaller and larger actions have correspondingly smaller and larger consequences is an incredibly trivial observation.
It's obvious who I'm addressing.

And yet somehow I still can't tell.

Indulge me?

... this is my signature!
25-01-2015, 04:50 PM
You need to be more specific. You cant just blanket blame the word capitalism.

I feel so much, and yet I feel nothing.
I am a rock, I am the sky, the birds and the trees and everything beyond.
I am the wind, in the fields in which I roar. I am the water, in which I drown.
[+] 1 user Likes bemore's post
25-01-2015, 04:53 PM
(24-01-2015 11:01 PM)Jack_Ripper Wrote:  
(24-01-2015 04:46 PM)Chas Wrote:  It wouldn't matter if it was Commies, anarchists, or capitalists doing the manufacturing. Drinking Beverage
I never said it did I was referring to the Chernobyl comment.

My mistake - I was responding to your previous post.

Skepticism is not a position; it is an approach to claims.
Science is not a subject, but a method.
[Image: flagstiny%206.gif]
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
25-01-2015, 05:30 PM
(24-01-2015 11:55 PM)Jack_Ripper Wrote:  I guess I'll never understand what drives people to always want more no matter how much they already have.

They're living in Hell. They amuse me.

#sigh
[+] 2 users Like GirlyMan's post
25-01-2015, 05:41 PM
(25-01-2015 05:30 PM)GirlyMan Wrote:  
(24-01-2015 11:55 PM)Jack_Ripper Wrote:  I guess I'll never understand what drives people to always want more no matter how much they already have.

They're living in Hell. They amuse me.

Laugh out load A scared, angry, little man who never got a break.
- My new tagline. Big Grin
[+] 1 user Likes pablo's post