The everyday, non-scholastic over achiever, blue collar Atheist/Agnostic.

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
04-01-2014, 07:13 PM
The everyday, non-scholastic over achiever, blue collar Atheist/Agnostic.
Not everyone on the planet has had the opportunity to study the sciences in an extensive manner if at all, and even if they did- it might not have been something that interested them. We have proof of this in that not everyone is a Phd.

If this is you. If you're just finding this out about yourself or have figured it out and dealt with the day to day of you like me are in fact a non-believer. And sitting around reading the works of Stephen Hawkins, Charles Darwin, Christopher Hitchens or Richard Dawkins- as fun as that might be, is simply something to do with our time. Lets be real and recognize that time is the most limited and valuable resource any of us have.

So what, if anything, is there to do after discovering something like this about yourself? Where do we go from here? How do we incorporate this in our daily lives? Or is this part of ourselves another anticlimactic personality trait? Like chewing your nails.

I don't know for sure. What do you think?
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
04-01-2014, 07:23 PM
RE: The everyday, non-scholastic over achiever, blue collar Atheist/Agnostic.
Are you asking me what I think of the fact that I cant know everything and how I deal with it?

How do you deal with it? It is not an essential part of my life that bothers me non stop or even on a weekly basis.

I have to confront far more pressing issues such as how to pay my bills.

[Image: RPYH95t.png]
[+] 1 user Likes The Germans are coming's post
04-01-2014, 08:10 PM
(04-01-2014 07:13 PM)Wojnicz Wrote:  So what, if anything, is there to do after discovering something like this about yourself? Where do we go from here? How do we incorporate this in our daily lives? Or is this part of ourselves another anticlimactic personality trait? Like chewing your nails.

I keep looking through the wonder that is the internet and reading the various few science magazines (the simple ones for simple me)

And keep learning

Or at least keep finding out new things.

Much cheers to all.
04-01-2014, 10:16 PM
IDK?

I'm a blue collar slob who reads science books just as a hobby, but I don't really worry about it.
05-01-2014, 12:18 AM
What is there to do once you discover you're an atheist? ... About the same as before, minus the church and praying bit. Were you giving to charity before? Keep it up. Were you enjoying activities that didn't involve god? Continue with that. Heck, if you want to you can keep going to church for the community and hymns and people telling you that you'll burn in hell for being human if it makes you happy. Or maybe go hunting ghosts or proving alien abductions (being an atheist doesn't mean you can't believe that stuff). Or, as others have suggested, keep learning. Being an atheist is as profound as being a theist. For my money, it's really rather meaningless. What matter is what you do with your life. I'd prefer a dozen very nice theists around me than a single atheist buttwipe. Of course if I can get a dozen nice atheists instead, even better.
[+] 1 user Likes OddGamer's post