The "evolution debate" at school

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
17-05-2011, 01:49 PM
RE: The "evolution debate" at school
(17-05-2011 08:08 AM)TheBeardedDude Wrote:  
(17-05-2011 05:23 AM)UnderTheMicroscope Wrote:  I have debates with my math teacher about it every now and then, but nothing major, he always ends it by saying "well I just don't believe scientists could figure that out."
So I resort to facebook for my source of facepalming action... I think it would be fun if we all got together on troll accounts and started picking on the weak, defenseless, christian-minority. As we're clearly known to do Wink
The group is called the B.U.A.A.B.C (Believers United Against Atheist Bull Crap)... these kids are sooooooooooooooooooooooooo stupid.. it hurts my brain knowing I used to think like them.

"Anti-God is Anti-American
Anti-American is Treason
Traitors lead to Civil War"

Traitors also lead to revolutions that enable a set of states/colonies to free themselves from the tyrannical rule of evil governments/dictators.
*See Revolutionary War*

Posted it on their page Wink lets see how long it takes them to censor me...
Wasn't there a thread about trying to last as long as possible in a christian forum?

Hey brother christian, with your high and mighty errand, your actions speak so loud, I can't hear a word you're saying.

"This machine kills fascists..."

"Well this machine kills commies!"
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
18-05-2011, 03:56 AM
@TheSelfishGene Dude, what country are you in??? I'm in New Zealand and it still came up. We had a student quit biology because he didn't want to learn about evolution.

"I do not feel obliged to believe that the same God who has endowed us with sense, reason and intellect has intended us to forego their use." - Galileo

"Every man is guilty of all the good he did not do." - Voltaire
18-05-2011, 12:22 PM

(18-05-2011 03:56 AM)daemonowner Wrote:  @TheSelfishGene Dude, what country are you in??? I'm in New Zealand and it still came up. We had a student quit biology because he didn't want to learn about evolution.

Really? That's pathetic.
Quote this message in a reply
05-09-2011, 05:13 PM
In my school, i am the only atheist. In fact, about half of the kids are young earth creationists. Most of the teachers are also creationists. This kind of hinders science class sometimes. By the way the teachers teach evolution, you can tell they do not accept it.

I am going to hell because i dare to question bronze-age goat herders, and think for myself.
~Me~

I am not smarter than religious people because I have a better understanding of science than them. I am smarter because I know I am not going to live forever, and I am happy with that.
~Me~
25-09-2011, 06:02 PM
Such......horror...I don't even......
Thank My god (which is me) That I live in Canada. Where I live we atheist drastically outnumber any kind of religion. Anybody who tries to say that evolution is false in the schools here is basically slapped.

NEW AND IMPROVED!
Twice the anger, Half the space!
25-09-2011, 06:53 PM
Hamata where in Canada are you? My side of Canada is predominately religious. I'm a west coaster.

"I think of myself as an intelligent, sensitive human being with the soul of a clown which always forces me to blow it at the most important moments." -Jim Morrison
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
02-10-2011, 01:07 PM
I'm another lucky one. I live in England and we also utilize that crazy abstract method of actually teaching SCIENCE in SCIENCE lessons and leaving the bronze age mythology to religious education. I was also lucky enough to have a RE teacher who was openly Atheist so they were good.

Unfortunately my dad is, despite being reasonably clever, a Creationist. He doesn't subscribe to any particular religion, he's just one of those people who looks at random parts of the theory and goes 'well I can't think of an answer to this therefore it can't be true' as opposed to looking it up or considering the possibility that more learned people may have thought up that criticism along with an answer.

Anyways my dad managed to get to my Christian sister and get her all anti-evolution and she actually complained to her teachers that they don't teach creation in science. They told her where to go though and she has since started to accept the possibility of evolution a bit more. She is passionate about animals and all the things she said cannot be explained by evolution she keeps coming across in various books so it's starting to cause some basic sense to appear in her.

Best and worst of Ferdinand .....
Best
Ferdinand: We don't really say 'theist' in Alabama. Here, you're either a Christian, or you're from Afghanistan and we fucking hate you.
Worst
Ferdinand: Everyone from British is so, like, fucking retarded.
04-10-2011, 08:09 AM
To answer your question. I live on P.E.I.
It's mostly atheists here but the ones who are religious are to the point of being fanatics. They are fun to "deal" with.

NEW AND IMPROVED!
Twice the anger, Half the space!
22-02-2013, 12:03 PM
The only Christian teacher at my high school retired the year after I graduated. She was a nice lady but she gave away those million dollar bills that have religious content on them.... Let me see if I can find a jpeg.

[Image: helldollar02.jpg]

Anyhow, we never had to worry about creationism. Actually, my human biology teacher taught a unit where he pulled at replica skulls of early hominids and we compared and contrasted them and had interesting discussions. It was great.
[+] 1 user Likes The Talking Goat's post