The failure of German fiscal policy abroad.

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
17-05-2014, 02:07 PM
The failure of German fiscal policy abroad.
Portugal: Soziale Krise nach Ausstieg aus Rettungsschirm - SPIEGEL ONLINE

Portugal will leave the European financial safety net after following the mainly German planns on gutting down their debt by cutting spending.

2.5 million Portugese live in poverty.
Highly educated young people still cant find jobs.
The young leave the country for Brasil and Angola.
300 000 have leaft the country in total during 2013
The population is aging faster due to the plight of the young
The elderly are left with a pention that is hardly enought to live from.
Cities are emtying themselves as people move to the countryside.
The middle class has eroded.
And homelessness is on the rise.

Congratualtions, 2 generations of Portugese bound to a shit life due to some brainless fiscal policy dreamed up by Bavarian inbreeds and Frau never be on the falsche Seite.

We should have invested in a stimulus package rather than this nonsence.

[Image: RPYH95t.png]
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
17-05-2014, 04:08 PM
RE: The failure of German fiscal policy abroad.
(17-05-2014 02:07 PM)The Germans are coming Wrote:  We should have invested in a stimulus package rather than this nonsence.

It's not so simple. If Germany had given Portugal a bunch of money to stay afloat, chances are Portugal would have just continued spending twice as much they took in. Then Germany's money wouldn't solve the problem--only delay the inevitable, and when Germany finally couldn't afford to keep sending money to Portugal, then Portugal would have been even worse off, and so would Germany. Personally I agree with the principle: "give a man a fish and you feed him for a day; teach a man to fish and you feed him for a lifetime".

A clearer example of this is when developed countries send food to Africa. Then African farmers go out of business since they can't compete when their competition is giving away the same products for free. It makes liberals feel good to send food to African and tell themselves they saved a starving baby, but they don't REALLY care enough about the African to actually think through the unintended consequences of their actions. If you REALLY wanted to help Africa, instead of food, offer knowledge, experience and training. Go over there and teach Africa's farmers how to automate production, making more food for a lower price. Teach Africa's youth about the entrepreneurial spirit and hard work lead to success. Yeah, that's a lot more work then just sending over some food. Sending food is just the quick & easy for liberals to feel better about themselves, and they just turn a blind eye to the damage they cause.

Another example is when Western liberals protest the use of "sweat shops" in poorer countries and boycott their products. There was a great piece on John Stossel where they sent people over to talk to the workers in a "sweat shop" that got shut down because of protests from the west. To those workers it wasn't a sweat shops--it was a factory providing desperately needed local jobs. And once it got shut down because of the Western liberal protests, the workers had to resort to selling themselves as prostitutes or selling their children into slavery because they no longer had any means to provide their family and went into survival-mode. But, of course, the boycotters who got the factory shut down never stop to think about the REAL consequences of their actions. They just pat themselves on the back for getting a sweat shop shut down.

Sure, it would have made German liberals feel better to just send money to Portugal, and not think about how it made Portugal dependent on and indebted to Germany, and only prolongs the inevitable. If you REALLY cared about Portugal, why not take your family vacation in Portugal. Have you been there? It's a really nice country. And, if you're really adventurous, move to Portugal for a spell, start a business, create jobs, teach the locals some of that "German efficiency". Yeah, I know, that's a lot of work and requires sacrifice. But if you really want to help them that's what it takes.
17-05-2014, 05:23 PM
I'm still waiting for Britain's shit to hit the fan but they've managed to hide it quite well by staying out of the Euro. The currency exchange rate always goes against me when I want to transfer money.
17-05-2014, 07:39 PM
The question I always wonder is this: If you can't spend only what you have today, what is the grand plan by which you think you will be able to spend LESS than what you have tomorrow in order to have surplus with which to pay back today's borrowing? The plan always seems to be borrowing ever increasing amounts forever...

Jesus is my Stalker: He has graced me with his unconditional love, but if I reject it and refuse to love him in return, he will make my life Hell.
[+] 1 user Likes djhall's post