The fair

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
09-11-2016, 09:29 PM
The fair
Well, the "local" fair is on in the next parish south of me. My daughter had never been to one and I needed to take my mind off of a shitty year, so we headed on over. Wow, I blew about sixty bucks on tickets and games (got a stuffed panda. She's attached to it like a pair of sideshow twins). She rode the ferris wheel with her mom, one of the "spider" rides with me (this variation, you had to lay on your stomach with shoulder harnesses strapped down. She enjoyed it until about halfway through. The operator had started elevational fluctuation, and she was crying in terror). I had a fucking shit-eating grin on my face the whole time. She rode a couple of small roller coasters, one of those things where you spin the table as the pod revolves around the motor, and got to play with animals at the petting zoo (goats, donkeys, ponies, piglets, rabbits, chicks).

It was fun. I'll probably go again on Friday, my sister and her kids will probably be there too.

So... when was the last time you went to a fair/carnival?

Don't let those gnomes and their illusions get you down. They're just gnomes and illusions.

--Jake the Dog, Adventure Time

Alouette, je te plumerai.
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
09-11-2016, 10:24 PM
RE: The fair
(09-11-2016 09:29 PM)Old Man Marsh Wrote:  Well, the "local" fair is on in the next parish south of me. My daughter had never been to one and I needed to take my mind off of a shitty year, so we headed on over. Wow, I blew about sixty bucks on tickets and games (got a stuffed panda. She's attached to it like a pair of sideshow twins). She rode the ferris wheel with her mom, one of the "spider" rides with me (this variation, you had to lay on your stomach with shoulder harnesses strapped down. She enjoyed it until about halfway through. The operator had started elevational fluctuation, and she was crying in terror). I had a fucking shit-eating grin on my face the whole time. She rode a couple of small roller coasters, one of those things where you spin the table as the pod revolves around the motor, and got to play with animals at the petting zoo (goats, donkeys, ponies, piglets, rabbits, chicks).

It was fun. I'll probably go again on Friday, my sister and her kids will probably be there too.

So... when was the last time you went to a fair/carnival?

No grand kids, as they are all still inside my selfish daughter-in-law's ovaries. Tongue So, it's been decades. Have a good time, and don't worry about the old Fireball acting like a gloomy Gus. Thumbsup
10-11-2016, 02:59 AM
I hate going on rides usually. When I go to a carnival, it's usually to play the games there with my partner and try the weird nasty carnival food.

Also, our annual carnival has a nice petting zoo where I can go see a bunch of animals. That's the best part, for me.
[+] 1 user Likes ViolexTV's post
10-11-2016, 06:23 AM
Yup... no carnivals for me either. I do have a wish to live a little longer though...

http://www.brisbanetimes.com.au/queensla...saarj.html

Sad

I'm a creationist... I believe that man created God.
10-11-2016, 06:25 AM
I went to the animal fair,
The birds and the beasts were there,
The big baboon by the light of the moon
Was combing his auburn hair
The monkey he got drunk
And fell on the elephant's trunk
The elephant sneezed and went down on his knees
And that was the end of the monkey monkey monkey monk...

We went to a little carnival in August. It was funnish; I mostly like fairs and carnivals at night when the lights are going and things seem more mysterious.

I like little carnivals and fairs, but hate amusement parks in general, probably because I worked at one for a summer.
[+] 1 user Likes julep's post
10-11-2016, 07:42 AM
I used to go to the Topsfield Fair as a kid back when I lived in MA. I loved the fried dough with cinnamon and sugar. And the games and winning prizes. I also liked all the scary rides. And the haunted house and house of mirrors.

They have a lot of festivals where I live now. I tend to go to a lot of those now instead of fairs. But still have a lot of fond memories of going to the fair as a kid.

"Let the waters settle and you will see the moon and stars mirrored in your own being." -Rumi
[+] 1 user Likes jennybee's post